JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 hours ago, Old said:

The sky is not falling!

Brother Old, Margaret was only quoting what one of our attorneys (Brother Novakov) said. I don't believe she was panicking or not trusting in Jehovah.   She assuredly  said, "I won't give up, I will not give in to panic. I will wait on my Almighty God Jehovah."

Russian Supreme Court Renders Unjust Decision!  

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwb_201704_12_VIDEO   

what a great video tool we have just been given to share or send to strongly interested RV's and even other JW's who are not as active as they once were - this will surely help many to see where we are in the stream of time and perhaps cause them to come to their senses and act swiftly!   

The next court case is going to be HUGH!   ...  in the meantime we have a lot of witnessing work to do as the worlds media is being used to cause much attention to be focused on Jehovah and His organization - strike while the iron is hot!

we are living in excitingly prophetic times - so "Don't give up!"   ...    https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMinistry/docid-502017809_1_VIDEO

Edited by timpin

Everything I have wanted to say has been covered already. The letter writing campaign and how we are all feeling proves

Joh 13:35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.

I know that for our spiritual family in Russia Jehovah will support them through these difficult times and that the letter writing campaign will be a source of encouragement to our Russian family. Also looking back at previous bans have only served to make the brothers and sisters stronger when the ban is lifted.

3 hours ago, JW-Ind said:

the ban was even covered by bloomberg, a business-oriented news outlet. despite some misperception, overall a positive news commentary 

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-21/jehovah-s-witnesses-had-foes-before-putin

Good article....made me think of Pharaoh back in Egypt  who  wouldn't God people go.  Jehovah allowed Pharaoh's heart to become obstinate, that he would not the people go. Now we have modern day Putin  taking Pharaoh place...it's that heart condition.

Russian security police threaten Jehovah's Witnesses in wake of court's ruling

U.F.S.B. FOR KHABAROVSK TERRITORY WARNS: AFTER COURT'S DECISION TAKES EFFECT, CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AWAITS ALL WHO SUPPORT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Portal-Credo.Ru, 21 April 2017

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170421e.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

State Dept. Condemns Russian Religious Clampdown
The Russian state says the group is ‘extremist.’

By Curt Mills, Staff Writer April 21, 2017, at 8:21 a.m.

The U.S. State Department has condemned the Russian ban on Jehovah's Witnesses.

"The United States is extremely concerned by the Russian government's actions targeting and repressing members of religious minorities, including Jehovah's Witnesses, under the pretense of combating extremism," Acting State Department spokesman Mark C. Toner told U.S. News by email late Thursday night.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-04-21/state-department-condemns-russian-clampdown-on-jehovahs-witnesses

Anton Chivchalov Blog shared their album.
50 mins · 

Here we have a major milestone: the first official prosecutor's warning to a Jehovah's Witness about gathering AT HIS HOME for praying and reading the Bible with a threat of criminal prosecution.
Source: http://echo.msk.ru/doc/1967462-echo.html

Read Zechariah 12:9.

Why does Jehovah “seek to annihilate all the nations”? Because they persistently oppose the Messianic Kingdom. For harassing and persecuting God’s people, they stand condemned. Soon Satan’s earthly agents will undertake a final attack on God’s true worshipers, which will lead to the world situation described in the Bible as Har–Magedon. (Revelation 16:13-16)

Responding to that assault, the Supreme Judge will defend his servants and sanctify his name among the nations.—Ezekiel 38:14-18, 22, 23. W07 12/15

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Anton Chivchalov Blog shared their album.
50 mins · 

Here we have a major milestone: the first official prosecutor's warning to a Jehovah's Witness about gathering AT HIS HOME for praying and reading the Bible with a threat of criminal prosecution.

Thank you so much for this Blog link! I like the brother's viewpoint! It helps me picture the positive outcome persecution can have, even ones of the orthodox church taking our side! I also like the part about  how the response could be concerning arrests and imprisonment of our dear friends .. protests by worldly people at such injustices!.. such a great blog! :lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Jared Kushner? POTUS? Who knows? Stare in amazement!

From Newsweek article:

USCIRF, an independent bipartisan commission, will be releasing its annual report next week. Reese stated that the report will point out “the serious problems of the deterioration of religious freedom in Russia over the past year and that this has to be brought up in conversations with officials in the Russian government at the very highest level.”

But he admitted that he was unsure how those recommendations would be taken on board by President Donald Trump, whose administration’s position on Russia he described as being “in flux.”

The POTUS will have to make a statement... or tweet about the ban.
Let's watch!

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-putin-587179?amp=1

7 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

Good article....made me think of Pharaoh back in Egypt  who  wouldn't God people go.  Jehovah allowed Pharaoh's heart to become obstinate, that he would not the people go. Now we have modern day Putin  taking Pharaoh place...it's that heart condition.

"But for this very reason I have kept you in existence; to show you my power and to have my NAME declared in all the earth".   Ex. 9:16

41 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

VIDEO: Russian Supreme Court Renders Unjust Decision! https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwb_201704_12_VIDEO

Johan

The WiFi that I have in my room stinks to high heaven. It's just barely enough to use JW Talk.. I wish I could watch the videos. All I can watch is what I have downloaded on my iPad .

If anyone could PM me a synopses of the video I would appreciate it

Edited by mserskine

8 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Could someone kindly share the English translation of the blog Brother Steve's posted?  I apologize for not knowing what to do here or how to get English translation.  Thank you so much!

Jehovah is using the Russians to publicize His Name. And, there is nothing they can do about it. The world is actually paying attention to Jehovah's people because of their actions. I can remember one of our audio programs."Jehovah!Jehovah! I am sick of hearing that name".  (Or words similar) I can imagine Mr. Putin saying similar words. He bit off more then he can chew! And he is not through hearing Jehovah's name!

i don't know about you friends out there. But, the truth just became more serious to me. As I went over the WT for tomorrow, I decided to take some really quiet time and really go over it. ( quiet time is Hard to come by in this household) 

i watched the video regarding the trial. It put so much in prospective. And I thought about the comment from the society a while back, "will this be our last Memorial?"  Jehovah got them through this Memorial. We know, if the system still exists, the Memorial will be celebrated in Russia, but, still...

What we do know is Jehovah is in charge, and this Russian business has been a mighty witness. And, it is not over yet. We have bans throughout the earth, but with Russia being one of the largest nations on earth, it has commanded attention no one, but, perhaps Jehovah knew where this was taking us. 

Batten the hatches, friends! Settle deep into the congregation. Stay close. "Expect the unexpected" 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Though most of the Echo Moscow link would not translate, some of the comments below it  were translated.

I thought it was interesting what one person commented about what will happen from now on across Russia - even more than it did in the past, when not as much publicity was  available as to  what the Soviet authorities back then were doing:  

Moscow Echo Radio Commenter: " Neighbours will now have a great opportunity to start revenge on each other - engaging in mass false denunciations!"

After watching the video which was uplifting it brought to mind 2 Cor 4: 8,9 we are hard pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; 9. we are persecuted, but not abandon; we are knocked down, but not destroyed. 

I am confidence and have faith that Jehovah's will, will take place on his terms.

It must be so annoying to Putin and his friends that at least 175000 of his people love and fear Jehovah the Almighty God more than him. If Jehovah says preach, it doesn't matter what Putin says...

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”