JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Dina Gavrilenko said:

"The Supreme Court’s ruling has not taken effect yet. If the organization appeals it, the ruling will come into force as of the moment the appellate court pronounces its opinion or in 30 days’ time." More: http://tass.com/world/942539

Yes, the 30 day limit encourages defendants to appeal quickly which our brothers are doing. The Russian Appeals Court is similar to most Appeals Court in that it has 3 judges. It has the power to affirm, reverse, or modify the Russian Supreme Court's decision. If it modifies the ruling, it could determine that the Administrative Center is to be liquidated, but not each LRO. So it might not be a simple affirmation or reversal like we may imagine. It has as much flexibility as the Supreme Court has in deciding a verdict.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Well y'all, guess this tests our own faith in Jehovah now where there's relative peace, and freedom.

For instance, how am I/we doing with personal study/meeting prep, reading, meditation, field service in its different forms, etc, etc? 

I know for me I can certainly and surely improve. 

How am I/we doing with love for my/our brothers and sisters?

I know for me I can certainly and surely improve.

Yes, for those of us who live in lands of relative peace and freedom, the test is NOW for our love for those we can see, not later or then, and our study/reading habits.

Yes, we're all imperfect and that won't change until later after Armageddon. 

I can't imagine our Russian family waiting until they know if they're banned or not to increase their love for one another, and their study/reading habits. No. They did it now as in during relative peace and freedom.

Uh oh! Wait. I'm not saying that I/we don't have love for each other right now, or that we're not studying/reading. I'm just saying that I/we can surely improve...now. 

Edited by Luezette

3 hours ago, Dina Gavrilenko said:

"The Supreme Court’s ruling has not taken effect yet. If the organization appeals it, the ruling will come into force as of the moment the appellate court pronounces its opinion or in 30 days’ time." More: http://tass.com/world/942539

Today I found this Information on jw.org:

NEW YORK—After six days of hearings over the last two weeks, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation today upheld the claim submitted by the Ministry of Justice to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia and 395 Local Religious Organizations (LROs) used by Witnesses throughout Russia. The ruling goes into effect immediately.

“We are greatly disappointed by this development and deeply concerned about how this will affect our religious activity,” states Yaroslav Sivulskiy, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. “We will appeal this decision, and we hope that our legal rights and protections as a peaceful religious group will be fully restored as soon as possible.”

Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia have 30 days to submit their appeal for consideration by a three-person panel.

Media Contacts:

International: David A. Semonian, Office of Public Information, +1-845-524-3000

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

"Great advice and don't forget to keep paper copies of the bible in your go bag, you just never know".......the post from Gregg. As I read it, I thought about the quality of our bibles. I think I need to get the paper one out and get more familiar with it. I remember someone saying it was perfect to teach resurrected ones. I kept a certain number of hard copy publications. Insight book, Proclaimers book. Books we studied on our old Tuesday night study. I do have a bible and song book for my go bag. Prepare friends. Yes, it can change overnight. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

One government only will bring an end to war, to injustice, to hunger and suffering.

‘Do not speak of that government here!’ says Russia

‘Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,’ says Jesus.

‘Not if we can help it!’ says Russia….

Edited by TrueTomHarley

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

I received this video from someone  ... please someone translate it for us. Is it anything about our letters?

Maybe sister Dina could help?

THANKS!

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

37 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Yes

You probably have it on auto translate to English then, whereas those who don't have google chrome or have it but have turned the auto translate function off will have to go to jw-Russia.org through google translate.

Yours will show up in English but others it will be Russian without going through google translate.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I think it's interesting about the letter writing campaign - Russia was able to somehow suppress any information about all the millions of letters that poured into the country.  No word of them even being delivered to the people they were addressed to. 

Also, although the court asked the MOJ if they had any evidence against us for extremism and the MOJ could not produce anything - it kinda all makes sense now. The MOJ could show up to court every day without anything because they knew what the verdict would be in the end, no matter what line of questioning was used or how well our brothers did in defending the brothers and sisters, the outcome WAS ALWAYS going to be what it is now - BANNED.   They didn't need to prepare or show any type of evidence and they knew it from the get go.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

16 hours ago, Old said:

Russia’s Ministry Of Justice seeks to ban Vegans as extremist

15:45, 21/4/17, ST Petersburg, Russia

In a press release to day on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, the Esteemed Chairman of Investigation Board Leonard Bolshoi stated that “Vegans refuse to let their children eat hotdogs which indicates a desire to undermine the Russian People. He went on to say….”

:whistling:

Has anyone been able to verify if this is  true or just fake news?  I never saw anyone post a link (but I could of missed it).

3 minutes ago, shali said:

Has anyone been able to verify if this is  true or just fake news?  I never saw anyone post a link (but I could of missed it).

It's true, a local elder wrote it.

:lol1:

8 minutes ago, shali said:

Also, although the court asked the MOJ if they had any evidence against us for extremism and the MOJ could not produce anything - it kinda all makes sense now. The MOJ could show up to court every day without anything because they knew what the verdict would be in the end, no matter what line of questioning was used or how well our brothers did in defending the brothers and sisters, the outcome WAS ALWAYS going to be what it is now - BANNED.   They didn't need to prepare or show any type of evidence and they knew it from the get go.

Agreed. I started getting nervous when I saw that start happening. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

:lol1:

I don't see how a gov't can determine is someone is vegan or not.  There are times when I go into a restaurant and don't necessarily want a meal with meat in it, even though I'm not Vegan.  Wonder what criteria they plan on using to accomplish labeling people "vegan"?!!

5 minutes ago, shali said:

I don't see how a gov't can determine is someone is vegan or not.  There are times when I go into a restaurant and don't necessarily want a meal with meat in it, even though I'm not Vegan.  Wonder what criteria they plan on using to accomplish labeling people "vegan"?!!

They monitor everyone's purchases and can tell if you bought any meat.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

They monitor everyone's purchases and can tell if you bought any meat.

No problem then - just buy a little meat everyweek, but don't eat it.

3 minutes ago, shali said:

I think Old originally posted it - wish he would give us the link.  I'd like to check out the rest of the article.  Sounds like Putin is shaping up nicely as the next Stalin.

I found the link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credulity

17 minutes ago, shali said:

Vegan? Oh dear, that's funny, vegan's as extremists, haa, haa. One of your elders Richard?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

12 minutes ago, shali said:

vegans don't eat bluth wurst therfore ......