JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Referring to the increasing violations of rights, Novakov says: "Moreover, if the Court makes a decision on liquidation, this will produce even more tragic consequences throughout the country. Any Jehovah's Witness may be considered an extremist with all the ensuing consequences: widespread religious violence against Witnesses: from destruction and damage to property and attacks, to causing serious harm to health and killing peaceful religious citizens on the grounds of religious hatred. At any international level, blame for the connivance of violence and prosecution for far-fetched circumstances will be vested in state authorities in Russia. "

Can I bring out something please when things move on ... and religion is done away with completely, the travelling merchants will stand at a distance and cry too bad, because there is noone to buy their goods. They will not think about the consequences it will have on them, neither are they thinking of the consequences right now... let them party and be jubilant over an issue that is far bigger than they see or wish to see. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Referring to the increasing violations of rights, Novakov says: "Moreover, if the Court makes a decision on liquidation, this will produce even more tragic consequences throughout the country. Any Jehovah's Witness may be considered an extremist with all the ensuing consequences: widespread religious violence against Witnesses: from destruction and damage to property and attacks, to causing serious harm to health and killing peaceful religious citizens on the grounds of religious hatred. At any international level, blame for the connivance of violence and prosecution for far-fetched circumstances will be vested in state authorities in Russia. "

The sky is not falling! The sky may look dark, but  tomorrow is a new day. Look east in the morning, the sun will come up! it comes up in Russia about ten hours earlier. 

Let's and hear what our Russian brothers have to say.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We all have to get through this to get to the other side ... be vigilant, be prayerful, continue without letup doing good, and showing the world we are not what we have been labelled. Never before have i felt so close to my brothers and sisters in Russia, and indeed all around the world ... we have all stood up forJehovah through the letter writing campaign we all gave out invitations to the memorial and special talk, before as this courtcase began, we saw the date of the special talk only one week after the Memorial, instead of the usual two weeks - little did we know that this would enable our brothers and sisters to have both the memorial and the special talk unhindered. 

The outcome is what is was going to be ... any further outcomes are also what they should be ... we have to stand united, and firm against all machinations of the Devil, as one family. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Not a surprising decision really with the animosity between Russia and the United States. This certainly does not mean Jehovah was not listening to prayers. We need to be mindful that such events could happen quickly all over the world. The political climate all over the world is at a boiling point. The "clay & iron' are not mixing at all. Of course we will continue to pray and follow the direction of the Faithful Slave. There is a real good article, “The Battle Is Not Yours, but God’s”
AS TOLD BY W. GLEN HOW , talked about the legal battles in Canada. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000287?q=Quebec&p=par

Think about how much "Freedom" most of us enjoy. Living in a digital age we rely on such devices without hard or paper copies.Could our website ever be blocked in countries such as the USA? Of course. What would we do if we lost the ability to access that site? I have made cd's & dvd's from anything I can download. I appreciate some do not use those mediums much anymore, but to me they still have value. One could get a memory card or flash drive and store our theocratic items.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

Not a surprising decision really with the animosity between Russia and the United States. This certainly does not mean Jehovah was not listening to prayers. We need to be mindful that such events could happen quickly all over the world. The political climate all over the world is at a boiling point. The "clay & iron' are not mixing at all. Of course we will continue to pray and follow the direction of the Faithful Slave. There is a real good article, “The Battle Is Not Yours, but God’s”
AS TOLD BY W. GLEN HOW , talked about the legal battles in Canada. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000287?q=Quebec&p=par

Think about how much "Freedom" most of us enjoy. Living in a digital age we rely on such devices without hard or paper copies.Could our website ever be blocked in countries such as the USA? Of course. What would we do if we lost the ability to access that site? I have made cd's & dvd's from anything I can download. I appreciate some do not use those mediums much anymore, but to me they still have value. One could get a memory card or flash drive and store our theocratic items.

Great advice and don't forget to keep paper copies of the bible in your go bag, you just never know.......

All we can do right now is just to keep praying and trusting in our God Jehovah who certainly feels hurt much more than we do.
1 peter 4:
12 Beloved ones, do not be surprised about the fiery trials that you are experiencing,as though something strange were happening to you. 13 On the contrary, go on rejoicing over the extent to which you are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ,so that you may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory.

2 peter 2:9
" So, then, Jehovah knows HOW TO rescue people of godly devotion out of trial ..."

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

And how timely are the words from today's text for the day:

In the new world, we will have reason to reflect on the fact that all the foretold events associated with the conclusion of the system of things did indeed take place. Meditating on how matters actually turned out will further strengthen our confidence in Jehovah and his promises yet to be fulfilled. (Josh. 23:14) We will surely be thankful that God, who ‘has placed times and seasons in his own jurisdiction,’ exhorted us to live with an awareness that ‘the end of all things had drawn close.’Acts 1:7; 1 Pet. 4:7. w15 8/15 2:10, 11, 14

during my research for next week bible reading I found this nice point

*** hf section 8 p. 28 ***THE BIGGER PICTURE
Even if you feel overwhelmed, keep your mind focused on God. During his trials, Job said: “Let the name of Jehovah continue to be praised.” (Job 1:21, 22) Like Job, place Jehovah’s name and his will above your own worries. When matters do not turn out as you wish they would have, do not give up hope. Trust God completely. “‘I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.’”—Jeremiah 29:11.

although this article is about problems and tragedy's in the family; I think we can apply it also to our big worldwide family

6 hours ago, vern said:

are the hands of this ban   tied till the appeal process is finished?

"The Supreme Court’s ruling has not taken effect yet. If the organization appeals it, the ruling will come into force as of the moment the appellate court pronounces its opinion or in 30 days’ time." More: http://tass.com/world/942539

3 minutes ago, Dina Gavrilenko said:

"The Supreme Court’s ruling has not taken effect yet. If the organization appeals it, the ruling will come into force as of the moment the appellate court pronounces its opinion or in 30 days’ time." More: http://tass.com/world/942539

But Russian authorities can violate this as they did many times before. 

guess we will see how this play's out..... but if they start doing it its pretty much how it will go for the tribulation.  I don't think this would fullfull prophecy yet as its just one nation...... but i have to admit i am a bit surprised.... not sure why... it does fit the russian pattern;  just seems so ww2.....