JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1401 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's true, a local elder wrote it.

Vegan? Oh dear, that's funny, vegan's as extremists, haa, haa. One of your elders Richard?

Actually if you did a google search of "Ban Vegans as Extremists", you wouldn't believe how many articles pop up of countries who want to ban vegans and consider them extremist.  I was surprised.

So Richard, first you tell me it's not fake news, but true and then you post a link on credulity - I don't get it.  Are you now saying it's not credible?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 minute ago, Samira said:

"It's true, a local elder wrote it. "

I am surfing through the whole net ...but can't find anything about it.

So this local elder must have some connection....the link doesn't show anything.....

I  agree. I've googled this under every possible way to phrase it and NOTHING.   The article was dated for today and if it originated in Russia, not sure how long it would take to show up in a search.

I certainly can't verify for myself that it is true - so for now I consider it a hoax.

Edited by shali

4 minutes ago, shali said:

I  agree. I've googled this under every possible way to phrase it and NOTHING.   The article was dated for today and if it originated in Russia, not sure how long it would take to show up in a search.

I certainly can't verify for myself that it is true - so for now I consider it a hoax.

C'mon Shali, keep the  faith! :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Okay, I know I will be lambasted. This is a serious thread. Vegans? Blood sausage? We need levity, bit I am still reeling over the original subject of this thread. I look for more insight on the matter...and, a tad disappointed. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I'm a bit miffed myself over this Vegan thing - it seems it was posted to see which of us would run off and spread it all over the internet without verification.  Everyone who claims to know something about it is being vague and facetious about it but it's serious to me.  I want to know if Russia is really doing this, especially after what they have just done to our brothers and sisters over there.  It isn't a laughing matter to me.

5 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Okay, I know I will be lambasted. This is a serious thread. Vegans? Blood sausage? We need levity, bit I am still reeling over the original subject of this thread. I look for more insight on the matter...and, a tad disappointed. 

The real "insight" will come from the FDS.  Perhaps the link Jonathan77 posted from JWB will give you the information you need.

This is from Dec 2016, but what an insight into the reason of the ruling against usI Russian Law Students get their lessons replaced by the Orthodox priest teaching them about 'morals' and patriotism of the motherland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-38315892

"While the institute implied that the two lectures were voluntary, students told the local Tayga.info news website that they were effectively compulsory as they replaced scheduled sessions on municipal and labour law. The students said that while the lectures were largely about history, they also touched on current affairs, including the "troubles" in Ukraine and the dangers facing Russia.

One told the site that Father Dmitry "said revolution was bad and God was good... He said we had to believe in our dear father the Tsar, that is Putin, and that our land was the target of curses and priests were guarding us."

... The institute's director, Lidia Chumakova, accused Tayga.info of failing to understand the importance of patriotic education at a time when there is a "growing threat of the dissemination of extremist ideas among young people". She also stressed that patriotism was one of President Putin's key national ideas."

Russian sources that can be opened in Chrome for translation:

http://tayga.info/131613

http://www.n-l-i.ru/news/detail.php?ID=2050

3 minutes ago, KEEP FIGHTING said:

Please brothers and sisters can we stay close to what is happening to our brothers and sisters in Russia.

If someone wants to talk about Vagans start a topic about that. 

With brotherly love.

The subject isn't really "vegans" it's whether Russia's MOJ is moving to ban another minority or not.  I think it has a lot to do with what has happened to our brothers and sisters over there.  No one stepped forward to support us in Russia when this was happening and now it appears (if it's true) that Russia is attacking more minority's under this ridiculous "extremist" law they have molded to suit their own needs in getting rid of anyone they deem 'not desireable Russians".  It has nothing to do with "Vegans" and everything to do with what just happened to us over there.

By the way, no one was talking about "vegans" but rather the snippet of the article Old posted - was it true or not?  That was the crux of the matter.

Edited by shali

So there will be no convention in russia this year? Can they see it from internet maybe?

conventions are very important spiritual programs and hopefully there will always be conventions in russia my dear brother,Jehovah knows how to make a way out.
2 cor 4:
8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; 9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned;we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

we just have to keep praying and trusting.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The songbook subject index has 4 songs in the Persecution section, songs 148, 149, 150, 151. I think I will memorize them first..

Yes, I have those very songs mostly memorized.  Thanks for mentioning them Brother Richard...want to make sure I know *every word now.  Those specific songs have already helped me in some trials - Jehovah is certainly preparing us (and has been for some yrs now, but more intensely now) for what's ahead.  Our meeting (as we all know) was most sobering; faith-strengthening also..to know how our dear Father helped this most wonderful brother and others endure tortuous conditions.  The song he composed has always been one of my very favorites.  How those words take on even *more meaning as we draw ever nearer to the end of this wicked system. He will do no less for all involved in this case as well as us as we continue to serve and stay close to him.  As has been mentioned, what a grand and beautiful witness this is giving - for the *entire world! We just have to "stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah!"

22 minutes ago, ishaya moses said:

conventions are very important spiritual programs and hopefully there will always be conventions in russia my dear brother,Jehovah knows how to make a way out.

A lot can happen between now and this summer, the situation could be totally reversed.

24 minutes ago, ishaya moses said:

2 cor 4:
8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; 9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned;we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

we just have to keep praying and trusting.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Let's say there will probably be no publically held large conventions in Russia. The slave will NEVER abandon the friends or leave them hungry spiritually.  The work will go on and the brotherhood will continue just fine.  I'm not minimizing the hardships our Russian family are about to enter into, they are in for some terribly hard times, but this organiation cannot be disbanded, dissolved or liquidated.  Only Jehovah can do that and that will never happen.  So the food will reach the hearts of those that need it.  

Jehovah will use the Slave that is both faithful and very very discrete to see that not one sheep will go astray.  Not one, we have Jesus assurance on that so we can all take that to the bank.

Edited by sunshine

18 hours ago, Old said:

Russia’s Ministry Of Justice seeks to ban Vegans as extremist

15:45, 21/4/17, ST Petersburg, Russia

In a press release to day on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, the Esteemed Chairman of Investigation Board Leonard Bolshoi stated that “Vegans refuse to let their children eat hotdogs which indicates a desire to undermine the Russian People. He went on to say….”

:whistling:

Russia banning vegans? That is absolutely ridiculous. Is that any more ridiculous  than Russia banning Jehovah’s Witnesses? I was not making light of our brothers predicament, but rather giving the Ministry of Justice the raspberry.

(I think I now understand how the “War of World” radio show caused so much consternation.)

Clues as to it being satire:

Note the date posted a day before the ‘news’ clip.

How about the name of the spokesperson, anybody Google him?

The victims, come on who picks on vegans? Give me a break.

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I was making serious comment about the Russian Ministry of Justice.

In the posts following I was under the impression that the point of my post was well received. Then I noticed that some, whom I thought were joining the party, were of the impression that it was serious news, while others thought I was making a joke about a serious situation, and  actually I was, the Ministry of Justice is a joke. The plight of our Brothers is no joke.

I conclude that in the cold north satire is not appreciated for what it is, for that I apologize. To those that played along, thank you. To those that took it seriously, but in the wrong vein I apologize to you, just as Orson Welles apologized for the mental anguish his radio show caused in 1938.

Above all my thanks go to Shali, without her participation I would not have gotten near as many ‘likes’.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think it's interesting about the letter writing campaign - Russia was able to somehow suppress any information about all the millions of letters that poured into the country.  No word of them even being delivered to the people they were addressed to. 

To me, it shows the total grip Russia has on the media. (Sorry this is a quote, and I lost the source)

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Dear  sis and bro what you crying?
We can show if we support the sovereignty of God as individuals.
Do you think of our life with the examples of the theology of the success
in reality the satan arrived already a long time ago, moskova if they understand
when does he arrive at our home area?
:uhhuh:

10 minutes ago, Old said:

Did my phony vegan news show up on Facebook or in any tweets?

That would make my day. :lol:

It would of made my day if you had posted this "joke" in a different thread.!!!