JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just finished watching the special broadcast. 

Sooo, as we know, they did not take their fabrication into consideration! 

Well, Jehovah saw all of it. 

Shame on them! And I don't feel sorry for them when things start going down! 

But who knows? Maybe one or two of them, maybe more will turn to Jehovah before things start going down, it happened in Moses' day. 

Either way like was said during the broadcast, there'll be more coverage therefore more praise to Jehovah. 

Edited by Luezette

2 hours ago, Luezette said:

Really, I don't think our concentration should be on Russia vs. Vegans. Reason? Satan will try each and everything possible to get our attention away from what's more important concerning Russia and that is our brothers and sisters there, nothing else but that concerning Russia.

My opinion is that if Russia wants to ban vegans that's their business not ours! It has nothing to do with our family and their spiritual well-being. 

Yes, it might be true that if Russia goes as far as banning vegans then how far would they go later on, yet should that be our concern? We already know how far they will go...to extinction but not before an all out attack with other nations against us called the GT. Then utter destruction! 

Can we just concentrate on our family in Russia? 

Just my opinion that's all. :)

??? :confused:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

NPR
Top Russian Court Bans Jehovah's Witnesses, Claiming 'Extremist Activities'

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/20/524906703/top-russian-court-bans-jehovah-s-witnesses-under-anti-extremism-law
APRIL 20, 2017 12:37PM EDT

Russia: Court Bans Jehovah’s Witnesses

Withdraw Lawsuit, Protect Religious Freedom

Human Rights Watch
https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/20/russia-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses

Christianity Today

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2017/april/russia-bans-jehovahs-witnesses.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

One brother from London Bethel commented that, after looking over all the evidence/information submitted from the brothers during the kangaroo trial, it took only one judge approximately one hour to negatively effect the lives of 175,000 in one day.  The Russian authorities have all intents and purposes thumbed their noses (disrespected) at Jehovah.

But through our study, we remember that, a certain Assyrian King thumbed his nose at Jehovah also. And through Jehovah's almighty power, how one angel in one night struck down 185,000 mighty men who threatened the small remnant of His people.  And soon, once again, we shall see by Jehovah's mighty hand the hour of judgement of his enemies who continue to taunt Him.

It's so good to be a part of Jehovah's organization as we  get to observe firsthand:

• The abiding love of His people in Russia (and Eritrea, S. Korea, Venezuela, Singapore, Turkmenistan)
  • His divine justice to be dispensed at his will and purpose
  • The wisdom he gives to us through His Word and meditating on the Scriptures
  • And to give us the "power beyond what is normal" to help us endure and not give up.

My prayers for my spiritual and (fleshly) family will continue always.

I have tears in my eyes! Just saw the report! Very encouraging for the worldwide family! So nice to see that the Brothers immediately offered us an official summary of those days! So nice to hear Br. Sanderson saying that he went there to encourage our Russian Brothers but, as always, they were encouraged by our Russian Brothers. Not to mention how touching was the letter Sasha wrote! A courageous 10 years old boy!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

9 minutes ago, Daniela said:

I have tears in my eyes! Just saw the report! Very encouraging for the worldwide family! So nice to see that the Brothers immediately offered us an official summary of those days! So nice to hear Br. Sanderson saying that he went there to encourage our Russian Brothers but, as always, they were encouraged by our Russian Brothers. Not to mention how touching was the letter Sasha wrote! A courageous 10 years old boy!

I was moved by that as well, but the injustice was infuriating. Really, to deliberately suppress and exclude critical evidence is taking us back to the dark ages when no one [that wasn't a Catholic] was given a fair hearing.

And folks wonder why people in the Western world is terrified of "theocracies".

But this isn't over. Jehovah has the last say.

Just now, Bob said:

Edited by Bob

Yesterday a coworker said, "I saw that your brothers were banned as extremists. He then stated "that's ridiculous!"

Let's watch the next 30 days!

I'm of the mindset that very soon Jehovah's name will be the lead story internationally with all news outlets instead of receiving only minimal coverage...

My post regarding the Russian government's motivation behind banning us was buried under that vegan digression, but it is obvious that Putin wants to go back to a fusion of Tsarist Russia using the church as his enforcer, and Soviet squashing of all dissent. Here it is:

This is from Dec 2016, but what an insight into the reason of the ruling against usI Russian Law Students get their lessons replaced by the Orthodox priest teaching them about 'morals' and patriotism of the motherland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-38315892

"While the institute implied that the two lectures were voluntary, students told the local Tayga.info news website that they were effectively compulsory as they replaced scheduled sessions on municipal and labour law. The students said that while the lectures were largely about history, they also touched on current affairs, including the "troubles" in Ukraine and the dangers facing Russia.

One told the site that Father Dmitry "said revolution was bad and God was good... He said we had to believe in our dear father the Tsar, that is Putin, and that our land was the target of curses and priests were guarding us."

... The institute's director, Lidia Chumakova, accused Tayga.info of failing to understand the importance of patriotic education at a time when there is a "growing threat of the dissemination of extremist ideas among young people". She also stressed that patriotism was one of President Putin's key national ideas."

Russian sources that can be opened in Chrome for translation:

http://tayga.info/131613

http://www.n-l-i.ru/news/detail.php?ID=2050

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

One brother from London Bethel commented that, after looking over all the evidence/information submitted from the brothers during the kangaroo trial, it took only one judge approximately one hour to negatively effect the lives of 175,000 in one day.  The Russian authorities have all intents and purposes thumbed their noses (disrespected) at Jehovah.

But through our study, we remember that, a certain Assyrian King thumbed his nose at Jehovah also. And through

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

But through our study, we remember that, a certain Assyrian King thumbed his nose at Jehovah also. And through Jehovah's almighty power, how one angel in one night struck down 185,000 mighty men who threatened the small remnant of His people.  And soon, once again, we shall see by Jehovah's mighty hand the hour of judgement of his enemies who continue to taunt Him.

Just musing. I see, perhaps a ten thousand increase, and one angel protecting 185,000! The rest, ka-putt! After they are informed of the reason for their demise! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

56 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Yep! similar, just have extra Bluetooth connectivity :loopy:

Blutwurst is very similar to blood sausage 

Edited by Gi-Gi

Spelling

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Been sleeping all day on and off with a debilitating headache.  I think it's from stress more so than not.  Stress from my life then, the ruling yesterday after not sleeping the night before. I'm not stressed out of fear alone, but just from my body inability to deal well with it. I have absolute confidence in Jehovah.  

I can understand in a  way why the disciples feel asleep on the night Christ was to be put to death.  The stress of it all itself was stress in it self added to the impact on the body. At least that is what I  find in my case. Am I along in feeling this way? 

Well, I am up but with a lessened headache.  I'm reading through you all post and see there hasbeen a video made for us. I am very happy to see it. I'm watching it now, and reading more of your  post as they help aid in my understanding.  For that I thank all of you! 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

The special broadcast from the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, in the aftermath of the verdict, built everyone up. Mark Sanderson, of the GB, present throughout the trial, summarized the atmosphere even more so than the actual proceedings.

Early indications that the trial would be little more than a sham to rubberstamp a decision already made were spotlighted - 18 of the defense teams's motions instantly denied, for example, letting all know that videotaped evidence exonerating us would not be seen by the court. Embassy officials of other nations were able to see it, of course, as is everyone else, since it has been displayed for some time at jw.org. Their turn was to come, as the court also denied to hear testimony from them on the JW record.

The brothers were pleased, nonetheless, for the witness given, that six of our people provided clear, cogent testimony reflecting the true nature of our worship and work.

Toward the end, our people were able to remind the court that it was not really them before the Russian authorities. Rather, it was everyone, defense and prosecution alike, arguing before the Supreme Court of the universe.

Russian brothers gave assurance of their intentions to serve Jehovah steadfastly regardless of their new circumstances, and to do it with the Christian trademark of never returning evil for evil.

Moved by this broadcast, ISIS world headquarters rehearsed their own special broadcast to be made in the event they, too, should ever get into hot water with the Russians. They, too, tried to line up interviewees to upbuild their crew. They were thwarted in this, however, because any person that stepped forward was instantly blown full of holes by ISIS members with AK-47s.

This happened because ISIS is an extremist group.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

(I'm not "liking" that you had this headache Tracey, but that I'm feeling for you.  The stress of this system, and our strong emotions we feel for our brothers and sisters can make our bodies react in a painful response.)

I always think, when we are weak, then we are powerful.  Doesn't Jehovah always make up for our deficiencies and help us cope?  Our brothers in Russia are going to be given a mighty burst of Holy Spirit. Though Russia is a very strong government with strict rules, "I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers  nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Rom 8:38, 39

(I'm not "liking" that you had this headache Tracey, but that I'm feeling for you.  The stress of this system, and our strong emotions we feel for our brothers and sisters can make our bodies react in a painful response.)

I took it as that you were feeling for me.
Having the brothers in Russia on the mind yesterday, the opening prayer last night and part Kingdom Songs Inspire Courage was exhilarating/overwhelming! But what was funny was that the Chairman stated I would say prayer but after singing opening song Grant Us Boldness with fervor (though I can't sing) I bowed my head at my seat! Chairman was like Brother Tracey?... I ran to the platform!
When it came to the part after middle song I stayed standing for intro up!.. I was ready!