JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 minutes ago, jwhess said:

does this work in English for you?

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

You have to translate it each time you access the page. Clicking on the above brings the Russian language version back. 

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

You have to translate it each time you access the page. Clicking on the above brings the Russian language version back. 

It is strange that it always shows as English on my PC.  I can access the JW-Russia site directly and Google will translate for me but this URL always shows up in English (with no pause for translation.  funny....:confused:

6 minutes ago, jwhess said:

It is strange that it always shows as English on my PC.  I can access the JW-Russia site directly and Google will translate for me but this URL always shows up in English (with no pause for translation.  funny....:confused:

Are you using google chrome?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

6 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My pc  does the same comes back in English. iPad it goes back to Russian.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, The Deej said:

What is interesting is that this same thing was happening in the first century as well. What was Paul's response when the government and religious leaders tried to get them to stop preaching? Check this out.

The accusation:
Acts 5:29 

John 5:18
If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you.

All said and done, We are in good company.

Thank you for this concise thought!  Shared it with many!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Our modern day Moses tried to warn him...

Is there a Red Sea in Russia? :D

I think this time around opposers will need extra heavy duty umbrellas to repel giant hailstones!

Then Jehovah began to thunder in the heavens;
The Most High made his voice heard
With hailstones and fiery coals (Psalm 18:13....)

He shot his arrows and scattered them;
He hurled his lightning and threw them into confusion.
The streambeds became visible;
The foundations of the land were exposed by your rebuke, O Jehovah,
By the blast of the breath from your nostrils.
He reached down from on high;
He took hold of me and pulled me from deep waters.
He rescued me from my strong enemy,
From those hating me, who were stronger than I was.

They confronted me on the day of my disaster,
But Jehovah was my support.
He brought me out into a place of safety;
He rescued me because he was pleased with me.

603380_10100172643015754_2067535091_n.jpg

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Joycecan said:

Question for anyone whose judicial understanding surpasses my meager comprehension....(to say the least I'm ignorant on legalities).... since the brothers have appealed the courts decision and forwarded it to the Supreme Court .... Will the decision of this court be held in limbo until after the ruling by the S.C.?

Thank You

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No I don't think they will. They were already trying to before the court even convened 

5 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

So, will they be free to travel for the summer conventions?  Will they shut down internet access to JW.0rg site? Will the branch televise the 3 day convention on JW.org?  I would not think so but I can dream...

No conventions, because no meetings are allowed. Jw.org was already banned in Russia.

Just now, Margaret said:

No conventions, because no meetings are allowed. Jw.org was already banned in Russia.

I understand no conventions because no meetings.  That is why I put free to travel to conventions.  When we traveled to china we had to put the purpose for our travel. I have no idea how far you would have to go to get to a convention.  Was curious.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

48 minutes ago, jwhess said:

does this work in English for you?

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

If people click on that URL, Chrome usually asks every time if you want it translated, but IE will not even give me that option. I had to click on the translate link in Google search to get a translation. If you want to share a link with someone on any device the best way I found is to give them the Google Translate URL, not the original URL.

Original Website URL  https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

Google Translate URL https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fjw-russia.org%2Fnews%2F17040510-129.html

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Just now, LeslieDean said:

I understand no conventions because no meetings.  That is why I put free to travel to conventions.  When we traveled to china we had to put the purpose for our travel. I have no idea how far you would have to go to get to a convention.  Was curious.

Being labeled extremist they are able to be jailed at Russia's convience as well as all personal property subject to confiscation 

2 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

It all depends on how much info the MOJ has on each witness as to whether or not their freedom to travel can be hindered.  The MOJ had addresses of believers so who knows how much info they have on each witness. They can flag each person as an extremist, but they have to know who all is a witness. If when they go to liquidate the Kingdom Halls they may ask for this info, but they aren't privy to it, because congregations aren't legal entities.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

One thing is for sure. If our hand is closed in a tight fist over this injustice. How much tighter is our Fathers. They dare they drag his name through the mud and treat his servants as dirt. Well you just wait. They dared to slap Jehovah in the eye. Now stand still and watch the Salvation that is our God!. He will cleanse his name and save his people with his mighty Finger let alone his arm of war. He will fix this soon enough. We must wait and watch him do it for us.

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

1 minute ago, Margaret said:

Everything, and I mean everything 

Be a little cautious here. The only property subject to seizure here are headquarters and Kingdom Halls, not everything.

our brothers in Russia are not panicking why are we/you?

Conventions have been held in countries under ban before, even in China and Russia. There's always an opening in the woods somewhere.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Just now, Margaret said:

24 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Margaret, don't panic, our Russian brothers aren't panicking.

Every spiritual activity will continue. How? We won't be told until it is over. 

Have cofidence in Jehovah, his will will be done.

No I don't think they will. They were already trying to before the court even convened 

Thank you Ms. Margaret...I was just hoping that maybe .... the hoard would be held off until the SC made their judgement. .

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Zhenkov: "What will happen if the court satisfies the request of the Ministry of Justice? A respected court, if this is the will of the state, then the country successfully acquires 170 thousand prisoners of conscience and a corresponding reputation. If the will of the state is to comply with the law, then the court's decision can be only one thing - to refuse the Ministry of Justice in satisfying the administrative claim.

I won't give up, I will not give in to panic. I will wait on my Almighty God Jehovah