JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Chritianity Today quotes a Russian professor profound staement.

“If Jehovah’s Witnesses are persecuted, then that means later ‘on the block’ will come other religious movements—for example, Protestant churches,” law professor Anatoly Pchelintcev told Portal-Credo, an Orthodox news site. “For the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Armageddon has arrived, and the faithful of other religions await the apocalypse."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I wonder how the banned brothers are able to file an appeal? Aren't they now considered to be extremist criminals?

Is all of their research and legal material seized? 

I wondered that too. Maybe they already filed an appeal ....

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

11 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Old, 

In Georgia brothers enjoy religious freedom. In 2013 branch was dedicated to Jehovah and it operates as normal as in other European countries. 

Network TV news in USA reported on the violence in Venezuela, but not word on the ban.  At least, not on NBC.  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Forum 18 Article:

RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses banned, property confiscated

The Administrative Centre lodged a challenge to the Suspension Order on 27 March at Zamoskvoretsky District Court in Moscow (in the jurisdiction of which the Justice Ministry is located). A hearing is scheduled for 24 April (postponed from 18 April).

Does the judgment against our brothers today have any effect on this hearing scheduled for this coming Monday?

Edited by Omo_Yeme

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Network TV news in USA reported on the violence in Venezuela, but not word on the ban.  At least, not on NBC.  

PBS' News Hour had a report on the ban. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jehovah-s-witnesses-labeled-extremist-banned-russia-s-high-court-n749036

Looks like they hid it, but it is on the web.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The kings of the earth take their stand

And high officials gather together* as one+

Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.*+ 

They say: “Let us tear off their shackles

And throw off their ropes!” 

The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh;

Jehovah will scoff at them. - Ps 2:2-4

The line has been drawn in the sand.  Even ones who don't agree with our Biblical stand will look at this injustice and disagree with labeling us as "extremist".  To any who go to the website to find out for themselves, or who pick up this thread in a google search about this case, will see that we are reasonable and united worldwide.  We show our full support to our spiritual family in Russia.  We are peaceful and speak about a better future without war and conflict.

It is only the apostates who show themselves to be anti-freedom, and this will not be palatable to a lot of people looking on on the sidelines.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

weird formatting

Just now, Daniela said:

I still can't believe it's true. I couldn't imagine a few days ago I'll be an eyewitness to such an injustice!

Do you remember a drama we had a few years ago that said: "Imagine that you wake up in the morning and, while preparing your coffee, you turn your radio on to hear the latest news. Suddenly you hear an announcement: "Starting today, Jehovah's witnesses are under bann. .." I can't believe that is real. I mean I believe, but is hard to digest it. Not because I don't believe it's possible, but because I never felt so close the GT. You know what I mean?

I remember that part at the convention. Very powerful. We need to all stay awake because one day soon it will be worldwide

19 minutes ago, Daniela said:

I wondered that too. Maybe they already filed an appeal ....

Daniela,

Brothers have not filed an apeal yet. On JW. ORG the news dated today, says: "We will appeal this decision," and also "Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia have 30 days to submit their appeal for consideration by a three-person panel." 

So its confusing how can brothers submit their apral if they are considered as the criminal extremists especially when we read that "The ruling goes into effect immediately." I don't understand. 

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

Spelling

In the days to come, bans will be spreading around the globe. As it gets closer, the people that haven't taken a stand either for or against Jehovah will need to make a choice. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes Guri. I saw that on our website. I was referring to something I read on jw-russia that said: "Believers have already begun to prepare an appeal, which should be considered within a month."

It was just a thought. ...

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Russia’s Ministry Of Justice seeks to ban Vegans as extremist

15:45, 21/4/17, ST Petersburg, Russia

In a press release to day on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, the Esteemed Chairman of Investigation Board Leonard Bolshoi stated that “Vegans refuse to let their children eat hotdogs which indicates a desire to undermine the Russian People. He went on to say….”

:whistling:

1 minute ago, Old said:

In a press release to day on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, the Esteemed Chairman of Investigation Board Leonard Bolshoi stated that “Vegans refuse to let their children eat hotdogs which indicates a desire to undermine the Russian People. He went on to say….”

Whaatt? Wow. That is interesting! :)

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Link? Please

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

4 minutes ago, Old said:

Brilliant!