JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, Bjern said:

So the Supreme Court of Russia proved itself to be just a kangaroo court. I wonder how much the Judge was paid by the Ministry of "Justice"?

Or, flat out threatened, and, from the top. His family, etc. this is like a bunch of thugs. Literally.  They kill opposers. 

Edited by Miss Bea

Need you ask?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

21 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Its really sad day today. But I know for sure that  sooner or later Jehovah will make his name known to Russian government! They will have to realise that messing with Jehovah is the worst thing to do. 

Imagine how the judge will feel? He ruled against Jehovah!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

Or, flat out threatened, and, from the top. His family, etc. this is like a bunch of thugs. Literally. 

Walks like duck, sounds like a duck....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Imagine how the judge will feel? He ruled against Jehovah!

Our modern day Moses tried to warn him...

Is there a Red Sea in Russia? :D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Gi-Gi said:

It's in Russian 

I sent her a translation, very small print. If you have a PC Ctrl +++ will make it more readable.

2 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

It's in Russian 

I don't know what platform you are using, but if you access the page through Google you will find a translat button at the bottom of the page. Works with Ipad and Windows.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

I sent her a translation, very small print. If you have a PC Ctrl +++ will make it more readable.

I don't know what platform you are using, but if you access the page through Google you will find a translat button at the bottom of the page. Works with Ipad and Windows.

IPad still nothing

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

28 minutes ago, rocket said:

Link? Please

I think it was on youtube, or it might have been a tweet. It came to me after nap, or maybe my wife told me. I will get back to you later.

"And Away We Go!" :upsidedown:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

24 minutes ago, Bjern said:

So the Supreme Court of Russia proved itself to be just a kangaroo court. I wonder how much the Judge was paid by the Ministry of "Justice"?

We will have our Brothers in Australia check this out, we don't have any 'roos here.

1 hour ago, 50gumbys said:

I had wondered if the letter campaign was aimed to strengthen our dear brothers and sisters who were about to go through hard times.

Not only strengthen them but ourselves!   Sister who once served with her husband at Bethel made this comment I'll always treasure!  'I use to feel our ministry was to help others.  Now I see it as Jehovah's protection to help us from letting the worlds thinking change us.'  That was from my old congregation in Venice, Ca.  She and her husband were pictured in the Family happiness book---they were walking hand in hand on a beautiful Autum day--just their backs were featured! 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

https://jw-russia.org/pages/17040614-132.html#0412

Translation blurp at the end..

18:50

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the centralized religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, as well as all 395 local religious organizations of the religion.

Believers have already started to prepare a complaint to the court of appeal (a panel of three judges of the Supreme Court), which should be considered within a month.

6 hours ago, Vincent said:

beautiful -  the original songs -this one is- We won't forget you.  https://tv.jw.org/#en/audio/pub-jwbon_201411_1_AUDIO 

I'm listening to them all and how encouraging and comforting they all are.

What a beautiful song, quite fitting for our beloved Russian brothers and sisters.

What is interesting is that this same thing was happening in the first century as well. What was Paul's response when the government and religious leaders tried to get them to stop preaching? Check this out.

The accusation:
Acts 5:29 
So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching,
 and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”

The answer:
Acts 5:29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men

How did they feel for doing the right thing? 
 Acts 5:40, 41
So they went out from before the Sanʹhe·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name. 42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Remember Hitler tried to stamp out lots of different people including Jehovah's Witnesses. Where is he now? How many of us are still here? 8 million and counting.

Our brothers and sisters in Russia and around the world will not allow this to dampen the resolve that we all have. We all consider it a privilege to be counted worthy to be dishonored. After all remember what Jesus said to his followers?

John 5:18
If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you.

All said and done, We are in good company.

1 hour ago, Gi-Gi said:

It's in Russian 

I am on an iPad at the moment. Scroll clear to the bottom. Lower right should be a blue box containing the word TRANSLATE. 

I just tried it, took two tries, but it translated the whole article.

Edited by Old