JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1401 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

15 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

I understand no conventions because no meetings.  That is why I put free to travel to conventions.  When we traveled to china we had to put the purpose for our travel. I have no idea how far you would have to go to get to a convention.  Was curious.

If they are labeled as extremists, it is possible any travel documents would limit their ability to go outside the country.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

33 minutes ago, Old said:

while others thought I was making a joke about a serious situation, and  actually I  was, the Ministry of Justice is a joke

So which is it?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

36 minutes ago, Old said:

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Thanks for that.

Edited by shali

14 hours ago, Margaret said:

Zhenkov: "What will happen if the court satisfies the request of the Ministry of Justice? A respected court, if this is the will of the state, then the country successfully acquires 170 thousand prisoners of conscience and a corresponding reputation. If the will of the state is to comply with the law, then the court's decision can be only one thing - to refuse the Ministry of Justice in satisfying the administrative claim.

I won't give up, I will not give in to panic. I will wait on my Almighty God Jehovah

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/cc/jwbon_E_201504_01.mp3

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Really, I don't think our concentration should be on Russia vs. Vegans. Reason? Satan will try each and everything possible to get our attention away from what's more important concerning Russia and that is our brothers and sisters there, nothing else but that concerning Russia.

My opinion is that if Russia wants to ban vegans that's their business not ours! It has nothing to do with our family and their spiritual well-being. 

Yes, it might be true that if Russia goes as far as banning vegans then how far would they go later on, yet should that be our concern? We already know how far they will go...to extinction but not before an all out attack with other nations against us called the GT. Then utter destruction! 

Can we just concentrate on our family in Russia? 

Just my opinion that's all. :)

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

He was criticizing the MOJ stupidity. ..

I realize that but for those of us (like Samiria and myself) that didn't understand what was going on his mind, it feels like we were being made fools of.  All he had to do was give a straight answer to my question a long time ago and that would of been that, but he wouldn't do that for some reason.  I'm sorry I wasn't of the right state of mind to follow his state of mind in posting that but people think differently and come to different conclustions based on the same evidence.  It was frustrating to me that he just wouldn't come out and say "there is no link to this story", "there is no way to verify it" and I would of just moved on.

2 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Really, I don't think our concentration should be on Russia vs. Vegans. Reason? Satan will try each and everything possible to get our attention away from what's more important concerning Russia and that is our brothers and sisters there, nothing else but that concerning Russia.

My opinion is that if Russia wants to ban vegans that's their business not ours! It has nothing to do with our family and their spiritual well-being. 

Yes, it might be true that if Russia goes as far as banning vegans then how far would they go later on, yet should that be our concern? We already know how far they will go...to extinction but not before an all out attack with other nations against us called the GT. Then utter destruction! 

No Vegans are being banned in Russia. I thought it was funny, Jerry, but those who took it seriously are very upset about what is happening to our friends in Russia. Sometimes, I, too, have been guilty of using humor to defuse emotions in situations that are NOT funny--without thinking about the consequences

Edited by JudyO

Just now, Luezette said:

That's probably what everyone else in Russia was thinking when they were banning us! "that's their business, not ours".  Well now that we are banned, it's everyone's business over there now because they aren't going to stop after just banning us.  I bet alot of people in line to be taken down by this extremist law, wish they had lined up in support of us now.

Brother Sanderson said there were reports in the media about our letter campaign. That video I posted earlier may be one of them ... I really hope someone may confirm.  

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

1 minute ago, Adelin said:

Brother Sanderson said there were reports in the media about our letter campaign. That video I posted earlier may be one of them ... I really hope someone may confirm.  

There were, but from other countries, none seemed to come from Russia though!

Our concentration, as far as Russia is concerned, should be on our Russian family, and anything concerning their and our own spiritual wakefulness. 

We already know what they're going to do with us in the future. Jehovah has informed us. Anything outside of that isn't our business. 

Edited by Luezette

4 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Our concentration, as far as Russia is concerned, should be on our Russian family, and anything concerning their and our own spiritual wakefulness. 

We already know what they're going to do with us in the future. Jehovah has informed us. Anything outside of that isn't our business. 

Sorry, I'm not going to stick my head in the sand.  I'm interested in a variety of news items that may or may not relate to what will happen to us in the future.  If I choose to continue to follow who else is being affected by this Russian "extremist" law, i don't think there is anything wrong with that.  If they use it systematically to get rid of whoever they want to, the world will sit up and take notice and then who knows what that will turn into.

Nooo, I'm not saying we shouldn't be aware of what's going on.  That's important in order to talk to the people intelligently. 

But to make our concentration on such things may allow us to not concentrate on the "most important things." (Was that quoted right? Lol). And Satan would just love that.

That's all I'm saying. Sorry if I wasn't clear, probably not.

28 minutes ago, shali said:

I realize that but for those of us (like Samiria and myself) that didn't understand what was going on his mind, it feels like we were being made fools of.  All he had to do was give a straight answer to my question a long time ago and that would of been that, but he wouldn't do that for some reason.  I'm sorry I wasn't of the right state of mind to follow his state of mind in posting that but people think differently and come to different conclustions based on the same evidence.  It was frustrating to me that he just wouldn't come out and say "there is no link to this story", "there is no way to verify it" and I would of just moved on.

I think my darling, this sattire was used to highlight the stupidity of the situation, and based on the 'evidence' used to makes US extremists groups like vegans, are SERIOUSLY in line, if the Russians decide they don't like vegans, then they are for the firing line too, it's that stupid, it could really happen. 

More likely though to be someone who is anti war like we are - the protestors for instance.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I don't think talking about something is wrong, neither is "concentrating" on it - if I wanted to concentrate on "Vegans" I'd start a thread about it.  Many people in here have started threads on news items and other subjects that have nothing to do with our spirituality in order to "concentrate" on the subject - all comments are directed toward or concentrated on that subject (if you don't believe me just jump over to the beard thread!!!)  Now if my life were wrapped up in one subject (other than serving Jehovah) - then I have something to worry about. 

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

I think my darling, this sattire was used to highlight the stupidity of the situation, and based on the 'evidence' used to makes US extremists groups like vegans, are SERIOUSLY in line, if the Russians decide they don't like vegans, then they are for the firing line too, it's that stupid, it could really happen. 

More likely though to be someone who is anti war like we are - the protestors for instance.

What is interesting Mandi, if you do a search that involves the word "extremist" and "vegans" you will find numerous sources that refer to vegans as extremist!!! so even though the article was a satire, it was completely believeable after reading how other countries view vegans!

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Wonderful video. Absolutely what praise to Jehovah this whole event has given. As to the trial...absolutely a kangaroo court.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Interesting how our brothers caught onto that fact (Kangaroo court) right away!  The judge on the first day made it clear and no doubt, was told on subsequent days to "at least make it look like a fair fight".  Shame on them!  Jehovah is a lover of justice, this will not set well with him at all! (I'd hate to be that judge!)