JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Skye said:

And the father gratefully acknowledges Jehovah's help. 

Shall we please stop the conversation here for a moment? There is a lot of good in this news item.

:heart::heart::heart:

More of our Russian friends losing their jobs..

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17060812-178.html

The Supreme Court decision against the Jehovah's Witness organization has produced a stream of violations of the rights of individual believers, despite the fact that the court did not consider the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses and did not allow the question of the rights of individuals.

April 26, 2017 in the city of Mineralnye Vody (Stavropol kr.), The chief of the security service offered to work in the company of Jehovah's Witnesses to resign. Otherwise, he promised to make life unbearable. In an informal conversation, one of the leaders confirmed that the claim is related to religion.

April 28, 2017 in Krasnodar two women working in the regional clinical hospital has waived the requirement to wear a robe on the ribbons. They were summoned to the manager, who referred to the order of the head physician, he threatened them with dismissal. The women tried unsuccessfully to explain his decision. Because they refused to sign a letter of resignation on their own, they lowered the rate (the loss of the payment) and thus increased by 1.5 times the amount of work. As they explained, this is done to ensure that they have left.

May 15, 2017 in the city of Novokubansk (Krasnodar kr.) Director of preschool worker summoned and required to resign "voluntarily", explaining his claim that a woman professes the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. Believer recalled that for two years it has established itself conscientious and responsible worker who gets along well with the staff and children, and to which there is a claim on the part of the authorities. Referring to the decision of the Supreme Court, the director said that the woman can no longer work in this institution. A believer has experienced severe emotional distress in connection with the dismissal.

Earlier, it was reported on in the workplace pressure cases in the Perm region, Smolensk region, Tatarstan and Crimea. After the Supreme Court decision also increased pressure on Jehovah's Witnesses children in schools. In one case, even a schoolgirl facing transfer to another form of education .

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 hours ago, Skye said:

has anyone taken notice of the exemplary Christian parents raising six children? The result of the children's Bible-based training, their healthy lifestyle and high moral standards did not escape the eyes and ears of the community they live in, leading to the parents receiving a presidential award. And the father gratefully acknowledges Jehovah's help. 

"Maintain your conduct fine among the nations,+ so that when they accuse you of being wrongdoers, they may be eyewitnesses of your fine works+ and, as a result, glorify God in the day of his inspection." 1 Pet. 2:12

" Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens". Matt. 5:16.

It is amazing we are now studying about this type of court activity in our book study at this time. Is that a "coincidence"?  How did the brothers know a year or so ago when they scheduled this book that at this exact time that this would be going on?  The amazing thing is that no matter what the verdict is now Jehovah and his people just WON. For if the verdict is against us then all right-hearted people will see the lies and hypocrisy for what it is and flock to true worship. And if it rules in our favor why the result will be the same. Is it not amazing how Jehovah can manuvuer events and people to accomplish HIS purpose!!!

I am thinking when the appeal comes in July that our lawyers will have a field day with this. And if the Ministry of Justice and the Russian Orthodox Church continue with these lies about our family values it will not go well with them as the ENTIRE world will now know the TRUTH. And many will likely "stream" to true worship as a result no matter which way the court now decides. EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED and we know Jehovah will take care of this with "STYLE".

Maybe when the court begins we should have this family in the front row and when the verdict is read have them hold up the award given by the President and we don't even have so say a word as our conduct and President Putin {unknowingly just as in the book of Esther} speaks for us! :D

Edited by Bruceq

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

More of our Russian friends losing their jobs..

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17060812-178.html

The Supreme Court decision against the Jehovah's Witness organization has produced a stream of violations of the rights of individual believers, despite the fact that the court did not consider the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses and did not allow the question of the rights of individuals.

April 26, 2017 in the city of Mineralnye Vody (Stavropol kr.), The chief of the security service offered to work in the company of Jehovah's Witnesses to resign. Otherwise, he promised to make life unbearable. In an informal conversation, one of the leaders confirmed that the claim is related to religion.

April 28, 2017 in Krasnodar two women working in the regional clinical hospital has waived the requirement to wear a robe on the ribbons. They were summoned to the manager, who referred to the order of the head physician, he threatened them with dismissal. The women tried unsuccessfully to explain his decision. Because they refused to sign a letter of resignation on their own, they lowered the rate (the loss of the payment) and thus increased by 1.5 times the amount of work. As they explained, this is done to ensure that they have left.

May 15, 2017 in the city of Novokubansk (Krasnodar kr.) Director of preschool worker summoned and required to resign "voluntarily", explaining his claim that a woman professes the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. Believer recalled that for two years it has established itself conscientious and responsible worker who gets along well with the staff and children, and to which there is a claim on the part of the authorities. Referring to the decision of the Supreme Court, the director said that the woman can no longer work in this institution. A believer has experienced severe emotional distress in connection with the dismissal.

Earlier, it was reported on in the workplace pressure cases in the Perm region, Smolensk region, Tatarstan and Crimea. After the Supreme Court decision also increased pressure on Jehovah's Witnesses children in schools. In one case, even a schoolgirl facing transfer to another form of education .

Apparently, they don't have any labor unions to turn to as a recourse for unlawful termination as we do here in the U.S., for many types of employment, with larger companies and institutions. What an oppressive society where citizens' rights are so easily trampled on, in what should be an illegal manner!

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

28 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Apparently, they don't have any labor unions to turn to as a recourse for unlawful termination as we do here in the U.S., for many types of employment, with larger companies and institutions. What an oppressive society where citizens' rights are so easily trampled on, in what should be an illegal manner!

Agreed, however if they are part of an organization that has been legally declared to be extremists then are the employers doing anything illegal? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Agreed, however if they are part of an organization that has been legally declared to be extremists then are the employers doing anything illegal? 

Probably so, since in each case sited, the brothers/sisters were asked to resign voluntarily, and when they refused, were subjected to severe conditions that made their lives miserable. They apparently, weren't fired or terminated, in order to avoid any legal repercussions, like a lawsuit.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

1 hour ago, minister159 said:

True - however, most occupations don't have union representation, regardless of the size of the company.  And there are several "at will" states (Oregon being one) where one can be let go for any or no reason with no recourse. :( 

The US definitely has better labor laws than Russia, but it's generally not too easy to prove "unlawful termination" for the average citizen.  Rights are trampled all the time, unfortunately based upon often horrible reasons... that are also hard to prove.

President Putin Gives Parenting Award to Jehovah’s Witnesses

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses/

Now in English.

Johan

President Putin Gives Parenting Award to Jehovah’s Witnesses

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses/

Now in English.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

True - however, most occupations don't have union representation, regardless of the size of the company.  And there are several "at will" states (Oregon being one) where one can be let go for any or no reason with no recourse.  

The US definitely has better labor laws than Russia, but it's generally not too easy to prove "unlawful termination" for the average citizen.  Rights are trampled all the time, unfortunately based upon often horrible reasons... that are also hard to prove.

What's the nature of Russian labour laws? I don't know much about them...

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Re: the JW.org article - the Russian Family Award:

Yay, there it is!  I included a sentence or two in a letter to one of my sons, today, about the fact that JWs are banned in Russia, but a Witness Family may have received an award from Mr. Putin. I told  him if I found an accurate news account to verify this, I would send it.  Yowsa, even our little prayers get answered. 

There is also a young man, incarcerated, whose (now deceased) grandmother was in our congregation. He is very interested in learning more about how the friends will react while under ban. I will def send him a copy, too.  He just wrote me that he has been saving my letters and I have been consistently  writing to him for over a year, now. He was never  Baptized, but has a goal to make progress with the Truth when he is released. I hate Satan especially for the saturation of drug availability these days. However, it is exceeded by the number of Jehovah's dedicated followers, who do not give up easily. 

Edited by kejedo

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

What's the nature of Russian labour laws? I don't know much about them...

Johan

Overtime, which is generally considered to occur when an employee works more than 40 hours in a week

In general, employees in Russia are entitled to 28 days of annual paid leave.

Employees are generally entitled to a dismissal allowance in the amount of two weeks of the employee’s average wages when the employee’s contract is cancelled for a number of reasons, such as: the employee’s non-conforming to the post held .

Legitimate dismissal of female workers

1. Liquidation of the company (or closure of the branch or other subdivision; termination of business by an employer who is an individual entrepreneur) (Art 81(1(1)) Labor Code).
  2. Dismissal due to health reasons (Paragraph ‘a’ Item 3 Art 81 Labor Code).
  3. Repeated non-performance of job duties (Art 81(1(5)) Labor Code).
  4. Serious violation of job duties (Art 81(1(6)) Labor Code).
  5. Loss of trust (in relation to cashiers and other employees managing cash, bank issues or other valuables) (Art 81(1(7)) Labor Code).
  6. Loss of trust due to special restrictions established by laws (Art 81 (1(7.1)) Labor Code, in effect since January 1, 2013).
  7. Commission of an immoral offence by an employee who performs educational functions (Art 81(1(8)) Labor Code).
  8. A one-time gross violation of duties (restricted to top management; see Top Management) (Art 81(1(9-10)) Labor Code).
  9. Deliberate submission of false documents in connection with entering into the labor contract (Item 11 Art 81 Labor Code).
  10. Act of physical or psychological violence towards a pupil on the part of a teacher (Art 336(2) Labor Code).

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Overtime, which is generally considered to occur when an employee works more than 40 hours in a week

In general, employees in Russia are entitled to 28 days of annual paid leave.

Employees are generally entitled to a dismissal allowance in the amount of two weeks of the employee’s average wages when the employee’s contract is cancelled for a number of reasons, such as: the employee’s non-conforming to the post held .

Legitimate dismissal of female workers
  1. Liquidation of the company (or closure of the branch or other subdivision; termination of business by an employer who is an individual entrepreneur) (Art 81(1(1)) Labor Code).
  2. Dismissal due to health reasons (Paragraph ‘a’ Item 3 Art 81 Labor Code).
  3. Repeated non-performance of job duties (Art 81(1(5)) Labor Code).
  4. Serious violation of job duties (Art 81(1(6)) Labor Code).
  5. Loss of trust (in relation to cashiers and other employees managing cash, bank issues or other valuables) (Art 81(1(7)) Labor Code).
  6. Loss of trust due to special restrictions established by laws (Art 81 (1(7.1)) Labor Code, in effect since January 1, 2013).
  7. Commission of an immoral offence by an employee who performs educational functions (Art 81(1(8)) Labor Code).
  8. A one-time gross violation of duties (restricted to top management; see Top Management) (Art 81(1(9-10)) Labor Code).
  9. Deliberate submission of false documents in connection with entering into the labor contract (Item 11 Art 81 Labor Code).
  10. Act of physical or psychological violence towards a pupil on the part of a teacher (Art 336(2) Labor Code).

How is this worse than US labour laws?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

How is this worse than US labour laws?

Historically, having been a communist state, it was all about the worker (in theory). Moving to a capitalist system, they naturally restructured labor laws to better suit profit making. It isn't so much the laws as such, but the trampling on of human rights that such a near dictatorship is currently doing. Under the guise of national security, you can ignore any laws. 

There is no doubt in my mind that this award presented by Putin was maneurvered by Jehovah ( especially if it was done without Putin knowing they were Witnesses). Jehovah is setting the stage for what will happen on July 17th and perhaps making sure that whoever employs this father of 8 will think twice before firing him because of his religion being considered extremist. This DID NOT happen by chance, every part of me feels this came from above for reasons we may not understand yet. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

So with regards to the award given to the family, what will happen when the mainstream news outlets hear of this?  More honor to Jehovah.   And a great cause for more pondering over the matter by many in the world.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses-300471078.html

It is on the Kremlin's own website for all to see.   Give it time, I saw a feed into a news website with our PR contact info listed concerning the incident and there could be others.  We need to remember who is ultimately in control here.  We do not know Jehovah's details regarding his plan but one way or another he will succeed relative to his will.  Imagine his patience wearing very thin as we inch closer to the end day by day.

Edited by Desert Dan

This Latest news from Russia gives me and my Family great Joy, Everyone who read the news Can't stop praising Jah for the marvellous ways He keeps letting his name known.

Very big God, It's playing like Haman and Esther , Kill the Jews, well the Queen is a Jew too .

How Could they declare Jehovah's Witnesses extremist when this Good, Modest , Healthy and God fearing Family awarded by President Putin himself, is one of them ?​​​

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk