JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Natasha I thought about that too. Here we have, allegedly, the falling out between a governmental body with a religion. Curious if this will have a domino effect. Religion is so involved in politics it could likely happen elsewhere.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

jw-russia.org:

Announcement: July 17, 2017, the Russian Supreme Court may annul the decision against Jehovah's Witnesses

In the Monday, July 17, 2017, held a hearing on the appeal "of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia" for the Russian Supreme Court's decision of 20 April 2017. This decision has affected all 175,000 followers of this religion in Russia, as the single stroke of the pen have eliminated all of their 396 registered organizations in Russia, and the activity is prohibited. The court also decided to confiscate the property of all these religious organizations. As a result, in addition to complaints from the Administrative Center on this decision were filed for a total of hundreds of appeals from other liquidated 395 local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses, and hundreds of individuals whose rights have been directly affected by the judgment.

The hearing will begin at 11:00. 

7 days and counting...

**fervent prayers continuing** :praying:

Just yesterday we watched a documentary about a Russian gang or group that calls itself "Sorok Sorokov" that is closely tied with the Russian Orthodox church. They are likely to promote and carry out violence, all sanctioned by the Russian government. I'm afraid I can't find the documentary, but here is a link to the trailer. This whole system is just a big joke, if people didn't suffer so much from it, I would actually be inclined to laugh about it.

It is only a question of time until the governments of the world turn on all the established religions for all the wickedness they are inspiring among mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Tqati2Nc7Zo

It's in German, but I think the pictures speak for themselves.

5 hours ago, Samira said:

Russian Court: We have good news and bad news. Good news: ban on J.W. lifted

J.W. :  :D

Russian Court: bad news: we destroy all religion anyway

J.W. : (:P):backflip::ecstatic::thumbsup::dance:

Russian Court:  :confused:

Hi Samira. Is this a joke?

5 hours ago, Samira said:

Russian Court: We have good news and bad news. Good news: ban on J.W. lifted

J.W. :  :D

Russian Court: bad news: we destroy all religion anyway

J.W. : (:P):backflip::ecstatic::thumbsup::dance:

Russian Court:  :confused:

...it's a joke.......I didn't think anyone would take this serious........

Edited by Samira

This info all fit in nicely with the CBS this week.

We need to keep our dear brothers and sisters in mind and prayer.   :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, Samira said:

...it's a joke.......I didn't think anyone would take this serious........

I thought it was a joke but I feel like the first part could become true soon but thought it was a bit early with the scheduled appeal date of July 17. (Of course, I also think the latter part will come true later.)

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

It is only a question of time until the governments of the world turn on all the established religions for all the wickedness they are inspiring among mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Tqati2Nc7Zo

The caption itself is an interesting read.

In Russia, two worlds clash: the Russian Orthodox Church wants to influence society and politics. In this case, extremist groupings are tolerated by hand, even if they do not shrink from violence. This is how Sorok Sorokow, the squad group, sees itself as a fulfillment aid for the Orthodox Church. However, a large part of the population will no longer bend to this pressure. The n-tv documentary "Sorok Sorokow

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 7:23 AM, cricket246 said:

Hmmm...The world scene is heating up and getting interesting. Could the fall of the orthodox church be in line? And if so, could this cause a domino effect?

I hope so.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

33 minutes ago, Hartley said:

I hope so.

I found that documentary again, but it's only available in German.

https://www.tvnow.de/ntv/n-tv-dokumentation/sorok-sorokow-russlands-militante-kirche/player

The really interesting part is the final sentence of the third part

Derzeit prallen in Russland zwei Welten aufeinander. Die Russisch-Orthodoxe-Kirche will mehr Einfluss gewinnen. Gruppierungen wie Sorok Sorokow sind dabei geduldete Handlanger der geistlichen Führer. Auf der anderen Seite steht ein Großteil der Bevölkerung, die sich den Einfluss der Kirche auf ihr Privatleben nicht länger gefallen lassen will. Über allem schwebt Vladimir Putin, er baut die Orthodoxe Kirche in sein Machtgefüge ein. Wie lange er den zunehmenden Einfluss der Kirche duldet, hängt davon ab, wie nützlich sie ihm ist.

Translated into English:

Two entirely different worlds are currently colliding in Russia. The Russian Orthodox Church wants to gain more influence. Groups such as Sorok Sorokow are the clergy’s sanctioned henchmen. On the other hand, there is a large part of the population that no longer wants the Church to influence their private life. Above it all hovers Vladimir Putin, integrating the Orthodox Church into his construct of power. How long he will continue to tolerate the increasing influence of the Church will depend on how useful it is to his interests.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:27 AM, LindaL. said:

This morning I received the following WhatsApp message from my former circuit overseer:

"This past weekend, the Finland Bethel organized a Zone Convention in Helsinki for our dear Russian brothers. The Finnish brothers opened their homes to the Russian brothers whom they didn't know personally, providing 4,500 delegates with accomodation, food and transport to the Convention for all three days.

Despite the fact that most Finns don't speak a word of Russian, love helped to overcome the linguistic barriers (John 13:35).

Brother Mark Sanderson, of the Governing Body, was amongst those present, having come specifically to strengthen our persecuted brothers."

He also sent me a video of the baptismal candidates at this convention: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6cr4a3e3k1bynj/VID-20170626-WA0002.mp4?dl=0

Here's a snippet of the Russian convention in Finland...so happy for them!

Brother Sanderson was there as well?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ruoIEpEYHM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcmQCd1aaAA

Edited by Omo_Yeme

From jw.org:

NEWS ALERTS

BREAKING NEWS | Russian Supreme Court to Hear Appeal on Monday

On Monday, July 17, 2017, a three-judge panel will consider the appeal of the Russian Supreme Court’s April 20 decision against Jehovah’s Witnesses. Further updates about the hearing will be provided using this new breaking news feature. Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Russia. Regardless of the outcome, we are confident that Jehovah has all matters in hand and the nations will know that he is Jehovah.–Ezekiel 38:23.

6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

From jw.org:

NEWS ALERTS

BREAKING NEWS | Russian Supreme Court to Hear Appeal on Monday

On Monday, July 17, 2017, a three-judge panel will consider the appeal of the Russian Supreme Court’s April 20 decision against Jehovah’s Witnesses. Further updates about the hearing will be provided using this new breaking news feature. Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Russia. Regardless of the outcome, we are confident that Jehovah has all matters in hand and the nations will know that he is Jehovah.–Ezekiel 38:23.

Where is this? I can't find it.