JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, shali said:

I never truly comprehended how much Jehovah and Jesus have accomplished here on earth by means of the Kingdom until I went through the God's Kingdom Rules book for the first time!  I was ashamed at what I didn't realized and amazed at what I did realized but hadn't put together (connected the dots)  - Jehovah's earthy organization is AMAZING in every way possible.  We have so many things that others WANT and will never experience, it's truly mind boggling.

I had similar reaction to the Kingdom Rules book... you're not alone, just amazing!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I'll try my best to get information from him as soon as he posts on his fb. Meantime we also can check global new medias on tv and radios. 

You're not even allowed to go to the toilet! Stay put LOL :D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

You're not even allowed to go to the toilet! Stay put LOL :D

Don't listen to Greg...he's an extremist...you don't have to "stay put" :Dyou can take your tablet to the toilet Guri:lol:

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

It is 1AM here in the middle of the U.S., can't sleep, watching events in Russia through JWtalk! :)

I was thinking that likely the 1st reports will likely come through Twitter since usually those are "live" instant reports. I haven't used Twitter but if anyone has an account or knows someone who does, that might be a very good source.

Of course our #1 source right now is Brother Guri. (tu)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

My husband told me tonight they are rounding up gay men  and killing them.  I didn't know...:o

http://abcnews.go.com/International/chechen-authorities-rounding-killing-gay-men-prophylactic-purge/story?id=46541508

Edited by Gi-Gi

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

3 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

My husband told me tonight they are rounding up gay men  and killing them.  I didn't know...:o

http://abcnews.go.com/International/chechen-authorities-rounding-killing-gay-men-prophylactic-purge/story?id=46541508

That's disgusting ... no matter their lifestyle it doesn't mean they are treated less than human. Grrrrr. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I am thinking that if it is a quick ruling, then likely Russian Officials already had made up their mind before entering the hearing.

But possibly if this hearing takes longer, than officials might be actually deliberating, weighing the evidence, listening to testimony, etc. So although we are anxious to hear some news, maybe no quick verdict could be good news? 

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

While we are anxiously waiting................

I am trying to prepare my mind and heart for whatever decision, because as we all know, Jehovah does not always intervene. So how does Jehovah decide when to intervene and when not to intervene? Here are a couple of excellent points made in this article!

*** w09 5/15 p. 22 par. 9 The Angels—“Spirits for Public Service” ***
Because of the issue of integrity, Jehovah permits Satan to bring all sorts of trials upon us. (Luke 21:16-19) However, God knows the point beyond which a test would prove nothing more as far as our integrity to him is concerned. (Read 1 Corinthians 10:13.) Angels are ever alert to intervene according to God’s will. 

I feel for our spiritual family, I pray that they have an abundance of Jehovah's peace that excels all though.  I stress just over everyday issues, to get too another meeting, we are so apathetic in my part of the world, I hear brothers and sisters walk hours for meetings, I get in a car and drive 5km away, and we still think that's stressful.  May Jehovah truly stand up for his loyal ones and families. agape :)

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

I have a friend, he is Russian brother, he is a journalist and blogger and he is in the middle of the events; Trusted brother.  He pm-ed me this morning that soon he knows anything, he will write on his (FB) wall and Twitter. So I'll be checking his page regularly today to find out what happened. Soon I know anything I will write in here for the memberrs of  the JWTalk. 

What is his Twitter handle if you are able to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking, if Russian officials decide to ban Jehovah's Witnesses, possibly this could be a catalyst or spark that causes other nations to seriously consider banning certain religions in their own country that they view as a problem. Or if some countries are suffering economically, like Russia is apparently, then even if religions aren't causing that much of a problem, certain nations might begin to see the benefits of "liquidating" the assets of major religions who have much wealth, buildings, assets, like the Catholic Church.

Because if Russia decides to liquidate Jehovah's Witnesses, look at how many buildings, land, assets, they will obtain!  The wealth of religions is a free source of great income for any government, and they can do this all "legally". Notice how the Revelation book describes this:

*** re chap. 35 pp. 256-257 par. 17 Executing Babylon the Great ***
Certainly, the immense material wealth of Babylon the Great will not save her. It may even hasten her destruction, for the vision shows that when the wild beast and the ten horns vent their hatred on her they will strip off her royal robes and all her jewelry. They will plunder her wealth. They “make her . . . naked,” shamefully exposing her real character. What devastation! Her end is also far from dignified. They destroy her, “eat up her fleshy parts,” reducing her to a lifeless skeleton. Finally, they “completely burn her with fire.” She is burned up like a carrier of the plague, without even a decent burial! It is not the nations alone, as represented by the ten horns, that destroy the great harlot, but “the wild beast,” meaning the UN itself, joins them in this rampage. It will give its sanction to the destruction of false religion. Many of the 190-and-more nations within the UN have already displayed, by their voting pattern, a hostility toward religion, especially that of Christendom.