JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Saint Petersburg time is 7 hours ahead of the California and 4 hours ahead of New York.

We will know the descision here in Oregon by 10:00 AM tomorrow, when it is 5:00 PM in Saint Petersburg, but probably much earlier.

Might get up to good news!  

Believe Russian Supreme Court convenes in Moscow, not St. Petersburg, therefore I think west coast USA will know at the stroke of midnight. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thought 10:00 AM in Moscow.

22 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Believe Russian Supreme Court convenes in Moscow, not St. Petersburg, therefore I think west coast USA will know at the stroke of midnight. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thought 10:00 AM in Moscow.

I think you are correct, I was thinking of Putin being from St. Peterburg. I misread the table. Russia is ten hours ahead of Oregon. Forgot to include that they are 3 hours ahead of UTC and we are 7 hours ealier for a total of 10 hours. Correct?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think you are correct, I was thinking of Putin being from St. Peterburg. I misread the table. Russia is ten hours ahead of Oregon. Forgot to include that they are 3 hours ahead of UTC and we are 7 hours ealier for a total of 10 hours. Correct?

c49c9dbdb27570fa8a63e68de4784ab6.jpg

Remember to pray for our brothers and sisters in Russia today, and that Jehovah will sanctify his name. Remember the warrior He is when it is necessary to protect his people and his reputation. We can also ask that he gives them the peace promised in Philippians 4:6, 7. We are urged not to be 'anxious over anything' - not even a court ruling. Remember Exodus 15:3. He'll show us that facet of his name and personality when it's necessary. We just have to stand and watch. (Exodus 14:14)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

30 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

She may not have jw.org in her area.

Check JWTalks and https://www.jw-russia.org/, it might have the latest news.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

I just don't think the information will be there in an hour after the decision.  Does anybody know where to get the news quickly? It would be better to know it today and not to think of it all night long.

Pray to Jehovah for a calm heart Victoria ... I'm sure you will know before the night is out ... stay on here too, brothers and sisters will be searching a legit source of the decision.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I will be staying up late (per usual with insomnia and hay fever/sinusitis) - I've figured out 2:am CDT is 10:am in Moscow Russia, so I will probably be in bed a couple of hours prior to the decision. If I'm awake and check the news during the night, I will try to remember to post any info I find. Prayers for Jehovah's will to be done!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

18 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I will be staying up late (per usual with insomnia and hay fever/sinusitis) - I've figured out 2:am CDT is 10:am in Moscow Russia, so I will probably be in bed a couple of hours prior to the decision. If I'm awake and check the news during the night, I will try to remember to post any info I find. Prayers for Jehovah's will to be done!

I don't think there will be a decision at 10am.  Isn't that when the court case starts?  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

43 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I just don't think the information will be there in an hour after the decision.  Does anybody know where to get the news quickly? It would be better to know it today and not to think of it all night long.

Victoria sweetheart,  the decision might not happen that quickly and the court case, which starts in the morning, may well go on for some time, so you may not get an answer as quickly as you think. Just keep praying to Jehovah for His spirit to keep you calm and He will look after you.  

However, in answer to your question, I use Google Alerts.   If you have a Google account, you can Google 'Google Alerts' and then in the 'create an alert about' box, write 'Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia'. Click on the edit button on the right and select 'as it happens' and the other options that you want and the email address where you want it sent.

I hope this helps you, my love.  We are praying for you all. xx

12 minutes ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

I know it starts at 10am but how long will it take for them to make a decision?

That is anyone's guess. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I don't know how many will physically attend the court hearing today.

I know for sure that Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the myriads of angels, the class of the 144,000 in heaven will watch closely the event and the decision reached

plus

the GB and the rest of the anointed ones and the millions of JWs who are very much interested in the decision rendered will be praying on behalf of our dear brothers and sisters.

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Victoria sweetheart,  the decision might not happen that quickly and the court case, which starts in the morning, may well go on for some time, so you may not get an answer as quickly as you think. Just keep praying to Jehovah for His spirit to keep you calm and He will look after you.  

However, in answer to your question, I use Google Alerts.   If you have a Google account, you can Google 'Google Alerts' and then in the 'create an alert about' box, write 'Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia'. Click on the edit button on the right and select 'as it happens' and the other options that you want and the email address where you want it sent.

I hope this helps you, my love.  We are praying for you all. xx

That is anyone's guess. 

Thank you so much!!!!