JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many letters to Russia from our members?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2490 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, kejedo said:

According to brother elder, it looks  like the trial is currently going favorably for 'us.'

If being banned is favorable, I don't ever want to know what unfavorable is.:wacko:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Old said:

Brother is over reaching I think.

Brother Elder has his head in the sand, or ABC, CBS, Reuters, USA Today have all conspired to mislead their readers.

Repeat

https://www.jw-russia.org/

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are preparing an appeal

Date April 20, 2017 has a chance to go down in history as a black day for the fundamental freedoms in Russia.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Am thinking about years ago. Pregnant, telling my doctor about amniosyntisis. (Can't correct spelling. It's where the take fluid from the uterus..) anyway, the guy that was delivering my baby knew nothing of it! Every one cannot keep up with everything! Not even our dear elders. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

23 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

... Every one cannot keep up with everything! Not even our dear elders. 

In principle I agree, but to put a sister down because elders have superior wisdom is not demonstrating reasonableness.

"Just got scolded by an elder. I asked him is he heard any updates about Russia. He said things are going well and not to say anything different b/c I would be gossiping false rumor, and nothing else has been reported on the official website. According to brother elder, it looks  like the trial is currently going favorably for 'us.'"

I hope he is mature enough to eat humble pie and apologize,  it does not meet the definition of gossip. Gossip is talking about people, not world events.

Raises my hackles when I hear of an elder speaking in this manner.  :crackwhip:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, kejedo said:

Just got scolded by an elder. I asked him is he heard any updates about Russia. He said things are going well and not to say anything different b/c I would be gossiping false rumor, and nothing else has been reported on the official website. According to brother elder, it looks  like the trial is currently going favorably for 'us.'

Hopefully someone shows him that Jw-russia.org is an official website.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, kejedo said:

Just got scolded by an elder. I asked him is he heard any updates about Russia. He said things are going well and not to say anything different b/c I would be gossiping false rumor, and nothing else has been reported on the official website. According to brother elder, it looks  like the trial is currently going favorably for 'us.'

The Daily Beast Apparently heard from your elder and the following story has been removed

1. DRACONIAN

3 hours ago

Russia Bans Jehovah’s Witnesses

49756956.cached.jpg

VASILY FEDOSENKO/REUTERS

Russia’s Supreme Court has banned Jehovah’s Witnesses from practicing their religion, and is moving to seize their property in addition to closing the group’s headquarters and offices. Svetlana Borisova, an attorney in Russia’s justice ministry, was quoted by Interfax as saying that Jehovah’s Witnesses “pose a threat to the rights of the citizens, public order and public security.” According to the Associated Press, more than 170,000 Russians are Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have now essentially been dubbed an extremist group.

Where were those News agencies before this was, "settled"? Mr. Putin needed to know it wasn't just us concerned. Isn't it wonderful that as bad  as this is, we are not devastated? Our Russian brothers and sisters know we love them dearly. Jehovah loves  them even more dearly. Besides, those prayers mean so much more then the letters. But, we did as asked! 

And, time will, indeed, tell. It's just a process at this point. Be it, Peace and Security, or an appeal. None of us doubt Jehovah's loving are and concern. None of us. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

The final count is  2 181  letters

Hi Ruben, what is this grand total of  2 181 representing?

Grand total of just our members and families?

From Germany? :)

Edited by Old