JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Expert Reactions and Positive News Item about Letter Campaign

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2575 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Thank you Mandi, it was a good read but a couple of those comments were pure toxic...I should know better than to read them..

I must have missed those -- my apologies.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

Nice to have apologised, but I don't see any  reason to.

I missed the pure toxic comments also. Does one have to read between the lines to find them? 8-)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

14 minutes ago, Old said:

Nice to have apologised, but I don't see any  reason to.

I missed the pure toxic comments also. Does one have to read between the lines to find them? 8-)

Probably the comments from readers after a lot of these articles, I didn't realise there were any ... but there are. So as a caution those who want to check out the article - just stick to the article - bit like youtube posts .. the comments are just not worth reading most of the time.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

59 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Probably the comments from readers after a lot of these articles, I didn't realise there were any ... but there are. So as a caution those who want to check out the article - just stick to the article - bit like youtube posts .. the comments are just not worth reading most of the time.

I learned long ago to not read the comments from readers. They are always toxic, just like many of the followup videos posted here. Watch the video, at the end click off and never read the comments from viewers or follow on with the Youtube recommendations. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Thanks Sis Mandi but it's totally not your fault,  I went to the far side of the page to see if there was more article,  I read a couple of the comments because the first one I saw sounded like a Sister.  I was curious about what she was responding to and left after a moment. 

I'm glad you posted the article,  it's encouraging to see positive press.

1 hour ago, Old said:

I learned long ago to not read the comments from readers. They are always toxic, just like many of the followup videos posted here. Watch the video, at the end click off and never read the comments from viewers or follow on with the Youtube recommendations. 

Yup, that is the best practice.

I use a 8 inch tablet for the majority of my forum time, sometimes the page I'm looking at is cut up in a way that it makes it hard to see all the article at once and still be able to make out the printing. 

On Sis Mandis*(see below)article I scrolled over to the side to see if anymore article was stuck over there,  read a couple of comments and left.

I wasn't bringing in the comments sections as a reprimand for Mandi, don't want anyone to think that. I'm glad she posted the link,  I love seeing honest positive press about us...

* How do you write your name in the plural positive? 

I'm guessing that it's the same as Jesus' name is written, when plural.

What expressions by unbelievers! 

Heiner Bielefeldt: 

“If Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremist, I think we all are”

Former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief

Dr. Massimo Introvigne: 

“The only relationship between Jehovah’s Witnesses and violence is that they have been victims of violence”

Sociologist and Former Representative of the OSCE on Combating Racism, Xenophobia, Discrimination

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

You can take this as Positive News or Negative News, depending on how you look at it.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170327b.html

Orthodox bishop warns against sentencing Jehovah's Witnesses

CLOSE, DON'T PROSECUTE: KALININGRAD DIOCESE COMMENTS ON POSSIBLE BAN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Klops.ru, 27 March 2017

The Kaliningrad diocese supported the proposal of the Ministry of Justice to close the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, but it spoke against criminal prosecution of adherents of this organization. This was reported to Klops.ru by the director of the Evangelism Department of the diocese, Priest Alexander Permiakov.

"Persecution will lead to energizing the organization and it will begin to grow. This is a characteristic of our mentality. The Russian person always will defend the weak, the oppressed, and one who is bullied; it is not important what kind of faith he has and what political views," Alexander Permiakov thinks. "I am sure that many Orthodox will act in the defense of Jehovah's Witnesses, and some will even join this organization simply because they feel the need to protect the persecuted person. Therefore criminal prosecutions should not be begun in any case."

article gets very negative after above quote.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Yup, that is the best practice.

I use a 8 inch tablet for the majority of my forum time, sometimes the page I'm looking at is cut up in a way that it makes it hard to see all the article at once and still be able to make out the printing. 

On Sis Mandis*(see below)article I scrolled over to the side to see if anymore article was stuck over there,  read a couple of comments and left.

I wasn't bringing in the comments sections as a reprimand for Mandi, don't want anyone to think that. I'm glad she posted the link,  I love seeing honest positive press about us...

* How do you write your name in the plural positive? 

I'm guessing that it's the same as Jesus' name is written, when plural.

My dear brother ... while I'd never take your posts as a reprimand, more a friendly reminder and in this case I see it wasn't directed at me personally, I welcome all cautions from brothers and sisters, as soon as we post anything, it is our OWN responsibility to make sure our reporting is responsible, and quite frankly sometimes things are missed ,,, either through enthusiasm and not reading properly - or sometimes the format hides things that don't jump out at us. So never worry if you need to remind me ... I welcome it ... I want to present Jehovah and his organization in the correct light and if that means a little adjustment by those who love me - so be it.

16 minutes ago, rocket said:

You can take this as Positive News or Negative News, depending on how you look at it.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170327b.html

CLOSE, DON'T PROSECUTE: KALININGRAD DIOCESE COMMENTS ON POSSIBLE BAN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Klops.ru, 27 March 2017

The Kaliningrad diocese supported the proposal of the Ministry of Justice to close the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, but it spoke against criminal prosecution of adherents of this organization. This was reported to Klops.ru by the director of the Evangelism Department of the diocese, Priest Alexander Permiakov.

"Persecution will lead to energizing the organization and it will begin to grow. This is a characteristic of our mentality. The Russian person always will defend the weak, the oppressed, and one who is bullied; it is not important what kind of faith he has and what political views," Alexander Permiakov thinks. "I am sure that many Orthodox will act in the defense of Jehovah's Witnesses, and some will even join this organization simply because they feel the need to protect the persecuted person. Therefore criminal prosecutions should not be begun in any case."

article gets very negative after above quote.

Thank you for highlighting the positive part of this article. 

1 hour ago, rocket said:

CLOSE, DON'T PROSECUTE

"I am sure that many Orthodox will act in the defense of Jehovah's Witnesses, and some will even join this organization simply because they feel the need to protect the persecuted person. Therefore criminal prosecutions should not be begun in any case."

So, shut their doors but let them run free. While they are walking around happy they are not banned,feed them a few 'interested' ones, interest prompted by the closing of the headquarters bldg. When the  'interested' one gains their trust and is introduced to others, notes will be made...names taken...

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170403b.html

Anatoly Pchelintsev, a doctor of jurisprudence and member of the expert council of the State Duma, explains: "The Ministry of Justice has made a colossal juridical and religious studies mistake. All of history testifies to the fact that an attempt to ban and liquidate will lead to nothing. The Jehovah's Witnesses will simply exist in the underground." He said that even Orthodox clergy ask him in bewilderment what is happening. They now understand: tomorrow they may come for them

This is the epitome of a passive aggressive attitude. He's probably correct in thinking prosecution of us would backfire and result in more loss of members for the church. It might be considered a backhanded compliment with self-preservation as the motive.

Obviously, a much better position for him to take, along with the entire Russian Orthodox Church, is the one stated by Gamaliel at Acts 5: 38 "So under the present circumstances, I say to you, do not meddle with these men, but let them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may even be found fighters against God himself."

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

5 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I know. I have read so many comments such as this. I sort of think things have boomeranged somewhat. A grand witness! Isn't Jehovah wonderful? 

Oh no doubt its boomeranging in my eyes. I think outside of us irritating people on weekends by knocking on their doors, most people know Witnesses are absolutely no thread to society, which is why we're largely ignored by folks, and what makes us an "easy target". That's why Russia's laws on extremism are hilariously ambiguous.

This should interest everyone. Its bigger than us -- this a human right and religious freedom issue.

4 hours ago, minister159 said:

This is the epitome of a passive aggressive attitude. He's probably correct in thinking prosecution of us would backfire and result in more loss of members for the church. It might be considered a backhanded compliment with self-preservation as the motive.

Obviously, a much better position for him to take, along with the entire Russian Orthodox Church, is the one stated by Gamaliel at Acts 5: 38 "So under the present circumstances, I say to you, do not meddle with these men, but let them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may even be found fighters against God himself."

as nicely stated in the end of our current video keeping us up to date   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/vasiliy-kalin-statement-on-ban-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

What expressions by unbelievers! 

Heiner Bielefeldt: 
“If Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremist, I think we all are”
Former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief

Dr. Massimo Introvigne: 
“The only relationship between Jehovah’s Witnesses and violence is that they have been victims of violence”
Sociologist and Former Representative of the OSCE on Combating Racism, Xenophobia, Discrimination

im really impressed by these observations from these sincere minded non-witnesses and im very optimistic there alot more of such people even in russia.
i really pray that Jehovah makes more and more of them to speak up on behalf of our brothers in russia.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk