JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Picture taking at Warwick World's HQ

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2492 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was gonna start a Warwick picture thread the day before it opened but forgot. Alexa you beat me to it :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 1 month later...

Well, we toured it today. I have to say this facility is really top-notch. I hoped to see a member of the GB, and I saw brother Losch, but didn't bother him as he was busy, but it was good to see him. 

The Bible exhibit was great. I have more pics on my camera that I will share when I get home, but I have to say that you will not be disappointed. It was exhaustive and comprehensive. Jehovahs name has been around for an extremely long time, is shown. 

The exhibit about standing firm was highly emotional. To see the uniforms our brothers and sisters where forced to wear in concentration camps, and to see just how inhumanly small their cells were was a real tear-jerker. 

Be be prepared to stand for long periods of time and walk. It was crowded. But it was worth it. When we get home, we will share our experiences. 

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

Be be prepared to stand for long periods of time and walk. It was crowded. But it was worth it.

Sound like things have not changed all that much from when I worked up there ..... I had to stand and walk and walk and walk and walk. It was crowded - but, like you said, IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

BTW - did you see what I did? Did you get the chance to see where I worked?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Sound like things have not changed all that much from when I worked up there ..... I had to stand and walk and walk and walk and walk. It was crowded - but, like you said, IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

BTW - did you see what I did? Did you get the chance to see where I worked?

I tried to talk an attendant into letting us into the office area, but wasn't successful. I was told that all I needed was to know a bethelite, but I don't. Too bad green handshakes don't work!

lol

I didn't work in the offices anyway - I worked in the residences. 

:uhhuh: Wonder who lives in the units I worked in :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

16 hours ago, MM9106 said:

Question about Warwick. Do you need to make a reservation for the self guided tours or is that for the guided tours?

From jw.org:

Should you make a reservation prior to taking a tour? Yes. To prevent overcrowding and ensure that all receive the full benefit from their tour, it is important that all visitors touring Patterson, Wallkill, or Warwick make a tour reservation in advance of their visit, regardless of the size of the group.

Self-Guided Exhibits

1. The Bible and the Divine Name. This exhibit features rare Bibles and highlights how God’s name has been preserved in the Scriptures despite efforts to remove it. The exhibit also includes a rotational gallery, which features additional rare Bibles and Bible-related artifacts.

2. A People for Jehovah’s Name. This exhibit provides a visual history of the spiritual heritage of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Artifacts, graphics, and first-person accounts show how Jehovah has progressively guided, taught, and organized his people to do his will.

3. World Headquarters—Faith in Action. This interactive exhibit explains the work of the Governing Body committees and how they help Jehovah’s Witnesses to follow the Scriptural directives to meet together, to make disciples, to take in spiritual food, and to show love toward one another.

Guided Tour

This tour highlights sections of the Offices/Services Building and the Warwick grounds.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Here are a couple so far, of my wife and I. And I am resizing others to meet the requirements. It was a very rainy day Friday in Warwick, so the cancelled the grounds tour. But we had so much fun still. IMG_2599.jpg.f33a33ae22ff2de792fe51f6eb0332f6.jpgIMG_2598.jpg.663f72c24ce76377e9f08428e86cba21.jpg

Rain can't wash away that amount of joy!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Yes I would love to see more pics - many of from the other side of the world (not just me but many in Africa, Asia, all over) can never even dream of having enough money to travel to World Headquarters.  That's okay, I will visit after Harmagedon... in the meantimes we can enjoy pictures and videos and imagine ourselves there

Edited by sunshine

10 hours ago, sunshine said:

Yes I would love to see more pics - many of from the other side of the world (not just me but many in Africa, Asia, all over) can never even dream of having enough money to travel to World Headquarters.  That's okay, I will visit after Harmagedon... in the meantimes we can enjoy pictures and videos and imagine ourselves there

Not a prob. I have a lot from the Bible exhibit. That was the gem of the tour!

18 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Oh my...who's that lovely couple?  No doubt the rain certainly didn't damper your spirits as we can see.  Thank you very much Bro. Bob for sharing your tour photos with us. :)

You're welcome. I was somewhat unhappy that we could not take a grounds tour because of the rain, but being inside and seeing everyone and even meeting a brother from Zimbabwe made up for it. We hugged before leaving, and I have his email address. I will be sure to contact him soon to see how he is doing.

He flew 21 hours to visit. I was touched by that sacrifice.

I am so happy this thread was started!

Jehovah has blessed me and I am going to Warwick the middle of June.

I hope more pics will be posted and I will try to take many pics even though I am not much of a picture taker.

We will be taking a bus trip there. I am hoping my Spanish gets much better by then. Lol