JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

U.S. May Launch Strike If North Korea Reaches For Nuclear Trigger

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2527 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

North Korea can't afford a war because after inflicting considerable damage on south Korea and possibly Japan - N.K would be completely wiped out and they know it.

I wouldn't be surprised that China steps in much stronger to resolve the problem if there is clear indication that Trump would go to war with NK.

At least two-thirds of North Korea's trade is with China, giving Beijing tremendous leverage over the state. Recent reports indicate that Chinese authorities are beginning to test that power.

Beijing appears to be sending fresh signals about its view on North Korea, in order to convince U.S. President Donald Trump to take less aggressive action against the rogue nuclear state, several political analysts say.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/24/china-is-sending-us-a-new-message-about-north-korea.html

Just my rumbling! :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Dude, calm down and use your indoors voice. All caps typically denotes shouting. 

Is there a more tactful way this could have been worded?  Would you approach a householder like this?  Our members deserve the same respect. 

It is not hard not to shout when your guts have been ripped out.

I wonder how long the pain lasts?  :uhhuh:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

What are the odds a country can continue to be a major world power after an invasion of sufficient force?  More often than not those world powers are toppled. 

After a while. But the US will not be the dominating world power forever. So I think it would be unwise to believe they'd be spared from any of the things that would mark the last days. It will more than likely be a walk on the edge where people eventually will see no way out.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

An article about how neighbouring countries are coping with their proximity to Nth Korea:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39702443

Both countries have anti-missile defence systems - some supplied by the US - that could thwart incoming rockets.

Japan's system employs Aegis destroyer ships and land-based Patriot PAC-3 units, according to its defence ministry.

In South Korea, the US is in the midst of deploying its controversial Thaad anti-missile defence system.

_88837990_north_korea_missile_ranges2_map624new.png.5dc13a9072f2bfcd6d0acb0d853a3c51.png

Japanese authorities also issued guidelines last Friday to the public on how to survive a missile attack.

They say it would only take minutes for a missile to reach Japan and urged citizens to seek shelter in buildings or underground.

!!!! :scared:

On 4/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, Thesauron said:

After a while. But the US will not be the dominating world power forever. 

Revelation shows the US will be destroyed by Jehovah, though. 

Revelation 19:20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who worship its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulfur.

*** re chap. 39 pp. 285-286 pars. 23-26 The Warrior-King Triumphs at Armageddon ***
23 After the pouring out of the sixth bowl of Jehovah’s wrath, John reported that “the kings of the earth and of the whole world” were gathered by demonic propaganda to “the battle of that great day of God Almighty.” This is fought at Armageddon—not a literal location, but the global situation that calls for the execution of Jehovah’s judgment. (Revelation 16:12, 14, 16, King James Version) Now John sees the battle lines. There, ranged against God, are all “the kings of the earth and their armies.” They have stubbornly refused to submit themselves to Jehovah’s King. He gave them fair warning in the inspired message: “Kiss the son, that [Jehovah] may not become incensed and you may not perish from the way.” Not having submitted to Christ’s rule, they must die.—Psalm 2:12.

24 The seven-headed, ten-horned wild beast out of the sea, representing Satan’s political organization, is tumbled into oblivion, and along with it goes the false prophet, the seventh world power. (Revelation 13:1, 11-13; 16:13) While still “alive,” or still functioning in their united opposition to God’s people on earth, they are cast into “the lake of fire.” Is this a literal lake of fire? No, not any more than the wild beast and the false prophet are literal animals. Rather, it is a symbol of complete, final destruction, a place of no return. Here is where, later, death and Hades, as well as the Devil himself, will be hurled. (Revelation 20:10, 14) It is certainly not an inferno of eternal torture for the wicked, since the very idea of such a place is detestable to Jehovah.—Jeremiah 19:5; 32:35; 1 John 4:8, 16.

25 All others who were not directly part of government but who were nevertheless an irreformable part of this corrupt world of mankind are likewise “killed off with the long sword of the one seated on the horse.” Jesus will pronounce them deserving of death. Since in their case the lake of fire is not mentioned, are we to expect that they will have a resurrection? Nowhere are we told that those executed by Jehovah’s Judge at that time are to be resurrected. As Jesus himself stated, all those who are not “sheep” go off “into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels,” that is, “into everlasting cutting-off.” (Matthew 25:33, 41, 46) This climaxes “the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.”—2 Peter 3:7; Nahum 1:2, 7-9; Malachi 4:1.

26 In this way, all of Satan’s earthly organization comes to an end. The “former heaven” of political rulership has passed away. The “earth,” the seemingly permanent system that Satan has built up over the centuries, is now utterly destroyed. The “sea,” the mass of wicked humanity opposed to Jehovah, is no more. (Revelation 21:1; 2 Peter 3:10) What, though, does Jehovah have in store for Satan himself? John goes on to tell us.

Revelation shows the 7th world power (which the United States is a part of) is destroyed by Jehovah at Armageddon.  

I'm not saying it will be rosy and smooth sailing in the US until then.  The Great Tribulation will be just that - the greatest tribulation ever to befall mankind.  

I even used to think the same way you are now.  I used to think it possible for the US to fall.  Then others pointed out what the Bible says and I adjusted my point of view.

Could the United States change into another governmental form? Sure.  Look how Germany changed governmental forms between 1914 and 1944.  Look how Russia today is a bit different than the old Soviet Empire.  There could be a massive change in the way the United States operates between now and it's destruction.  A myriad of possibilities exist. 

That myriad, though, is limited by what the Bible says.  Jehovah is the one to destroy the 7th World Power.  It will not fall by conflict with another nation.  If it did, then that other nation would then become the new world power and we know there are no more after the 7th.

And it's not just the US.  The 7th World Power is the Anglo American World Power.  The UK is half of that dual world power.  They are joined at the hip.  If one goes, the other goes.  

Edited by Shawnster

Revelation shows the 7th world power (which the United States is a part of) is destroyed by Jehovah at Armageddon.  

I'm not saying it will be rosy and smooth sailing in the US until then.  The Great Tribulation will be just that - the greatest tribulation ever to befall mankind.  

I even used to think the same way you are now.  I used to think it possible for the US to fall.  Then others pointed out what the Bible says and I adjusted my point of view.

Could the United States change into another governmental form? Sure.  Look how Germany changed governmental forms between 1914 and 1944.  Look how Russia today is a bit different than the old Soviet Empire.  There could be a massive change in the way the United States operates between now and it's destruction.  A myriad of possibilities exist. 

That myriad, though, is limited by what the Bible says.  Jehovah is the one to destroy the 7th World Power.  It will not fall by conflict with another nation.  If it did, then that other nation would then become the new world power and we know there are no more after the 7th.

And it's not just the US.  The 7th World Power is the Anglo American World Power.  The UK is half of that dual world power.  They are joined at the hip.  If one goes, the other goes.  

That's my point. If you think that the US would somehow be spared, you're fooling yourself. Another good example of a world power that switched government is Rome. They went from a kind of democracy to dictatorship, and in the end the society was very weak. No doubt the final days will be 'critical times hard to deal' with no matter where you are even more than now. (2Ti 3:1-7)

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”