JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2472 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

15 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

We've been seeing images of the 2017 Regional on Instagram for a while now. Anyone have numbers? Attendance and baptism?

I don't see why anyone would. The Convention season is only a few weeks old and will carry over into 2018.

8 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I don't mean the full tally, I mean for the conventions that have happened.

I would imagine that only the branch offices would have those numbers, however, I don't quite see the importance of knowing how many attended conventions and/or were baptized at this point -- its really early.

Speaking for myself only, I would be worried about numbers only if I were concerned with whether or not the images show full or "empty" convention sites, or if I were concerned about growth or the lack thereof.

Edited by Bob

44 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I don't mean the full tally, I mean for the conventions that have happened.

I think the total would be too erratic if we depend on our posters to enter their figures.

I found the posters that added to the total of letters sent to Russia by forum members and families was very small compared to the total number of forum members. Many do not check in very often and even fewer post. Some RCs may not have any members present, others may have zeo, or maybe ones that don't pot.

Some RCswill have quite a number present with a few we reconized fromour forum.

I see this member at all our conventions.

forum member.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, Bob said:

I would be worried about numbers only if I were concerned with whether or not the images show full or "empty" convention sites

Very unlikely to get empty convention sites here in Spain as Bethel have decided to hire smaller venues now and split them into several assemblies in the same district. For example, we are assigned to one of the 4 assemblies in Granada this year in August on a ticket-only entry policy. This means that they are more likely to be full to capacity rather than empty (especially in Granada - land of tapas!)

It's bigger on the inside!

4 hours ago, Stoffer said:

Very unlikely to get empty convention sites here in Spain as Bethel have decided to hire smaller venues now and split them into several assemblies in the same district. For example, we are assigned to one of the 4 assemblies in Granada this year in August on a ticket-only entry policy. This means that they are more likely to be full to capacity rather than empty (especially in Granada - land of tapas!)

I will be honest. Some have made it a point to post pictures of "empty" convention venues to prove a point, while ignoring full ones. Mines were split as well obviously because our assembly hall would not be able to accommodate the numbers.

10 hours ago, Stormswift said:

August for us here.

Out of interest when is the LAST convention in this round?

Not sure, but it was announced that it will carry over into 2018.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I will be honest. Some have made it a point to post pictures of "empty" convention venues to prove a point, while ignoring full ones. Mines were split as well obviously because our assembly hall would not be able to accommodate the numbers.

Not sure, but it was announced that it will carry over into 2018.

yes like when it happens to a new congregation that has just been split - it takes a whileto pick itself up and start to snowball again.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 hours ago, Stoffer said:

How do you do 'entry by ticket only' when invitations have been distributed throughout your community? Can the public get in without a ticket? and is this ticket only strongly enforced? or is it just a matter of the publishers cooperating? 

I wish we had tapas here! :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

How do you do 'entry by ticket only' when invitations have been distributed throughout your community? Can the public get in without a ticket? and is this ticket only strongly enforced? or is it just a matter of the publishers cooperating? 

I wish we had tapas here! :D

That was my initial reaction when it first came in to play last year. The attendants on duty have several extra (I'd imagine around 200) for such cases (obviously not expecting many to take us up on the invites).

How it works is this:

There is a survey done in each congregation asking who will be going to their assigned assembly. Then that number is sent off to Madrid Bethel and the congregation gets sent back the required numbers of tickets.

No, the public can't get in without a ticket and therefore the attendants have a few extra on hand.

As to enforcing it, we were asked for ours at the start of each day but when I left later on in an afternoon and came back again, the attendants didn't ask to see my ticket. By the way, there's a different ticket for each day of the assembly. When I get ours I will scan them and post them here so you can see them.

This is all to do with Spanish law getting stricter on events in public places as there have been numerous occasions where people have died in overcrowded venues when an accident has happened (not at our events I hasten to add!) The venues are only allowed by law to hold the maximum capacity otherwise they face serious fines.

The problem is if you can't make it to your own assembly as you won't be guaranteed a ticket. That has happened several times in Sevilla where brothers have been denied entrance due to the venue being full.

Hope that answers your questions Jerry.

It's bigger on the inside!

7 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

That was my initial reaction when it first came in to play last year. The attendants on duty have several extra (I'd imagine around 200) for such cases (obviously not expecting many to take us up on the invites).

How it works is this:

There is a survey done in each congregation asking who will be going to their assigned assembly. Then that number is sent off to Madrid Bethel and the congregation gets sent back the required numbers of tickets.

No, the public can't get in without a ticket and therefore the attendants have a few extra on hand.

As to enforcing it, we were asked for ours at the start of each day but when I left later on in an afternoon and came back again, the attendants didn't ask to see my ticket. By the way, there's a different ticket for each day of the assembly. When I get ours I will scan them and post them here so you can see them.

This is all to do with Spanish law getting stricter on events in public places as there have been numerous occasions where people have died in overcrowded venues when an accident has happened (not at our events I hasten to add!) The venues are only allowed by law to hold the maximum capacity otherwise they face serious fines.

The problem is if you can't make it to your own assembly as you won't be guaranteed a ticket. That has happened several times in Sevilla where brothers have been denied entrance due to the venue being full.

Hope that answers your questions Jerry.

Interesting way to prevent crowding and maintain safety.

Now back to tapas!

On 6/20/2017 at 4:55 PM, Thomas Walker said:

We've been seeing images of the 2017 Regional on Instagram for a while now. Anyone have numbers? Attendance and baptism?

Good question Brother. They announce both attendance and number baptized at the meeting so I don't know why we shouldn't share.