JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cars in the NS?

10 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Also I think roads are so ugly in this system so if we are going to have a form of transportation we would need to think of rebuilding roads and make them significantly nicer in appearance in order to blend in into Paradisaical environment. 

The solution could be vehicles that hover at a small distance from the ground. That would prevent roadkill too.

10 minutes ago, Bjern said:

There's more problems to cars than just fuel. It's estimated that in America about a million animals are killed on reads each day, for example.

In Australia if you hit a kangaroo you risk your life ..

In June truck driver died by hitting a kangaroo

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, carlos said:

The solution could be vehicles that hover at a small distance from the ground. That would prevent roadkill too.

I was thinking of those Hovercars too, and I don't know what fuels them, but possibly would not need gas or oil...gas stations are another eyesore.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

45 minutes ago, Dove said:

I was thinking of those Hovercars too, and I don't know what fuels them, but possibly would not need gas or oil...gas stations are another eyesore.

Electromagnetic hover vehicles might work, though it is hard to imagine where the power source would come from. Currently the major weakness of hover vehicles is they can't go uphill without 1000 HP engines and then only on moderate inclines. Larger ones consume jet fuel at hundreds of gallons per hour.:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 minutes ago, Old said:

Electromagnetic hover vehicles might work, though it is hard to imagine where the power source would come from. Currently the major weakness of hover vehicles is they can't go uphill without 1000 HP engines and then only on moderate inclines. Larger ones consume jet fuel at hundreds of gallons per hour.:(

Well, they exist, so that proves it's possible to do it. Now we only need to find an alternative energy source and a more efficient way of using it. :)

I'm guessing by your words that solar energy won't be enough to move my invention, so maybe a fusion engine would work. Once it's perfected it will be a clean, cheap and powerful technology. :lol:

It is interesting thinking of all the ideas of what will be, but I think we leave Jehovah out of the equation. He might have entirely different ways and means that we can't even imagine instead of leaving us to figure out what and how to do anything.

I was thinking of how he provided for the Israelites in the Wilderness; food, water, shelter, guidance through the cloud and fire. and Moses, and nothing wore out..think cars if there, never needing to be recycled, et. 

He tells us in Isaiah 58:8,9.."For  my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways," declares Jehovah.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts".

He may not leave us to figure all these things out ourselves, having enough to do possibly with just cleaning up the earth. And we're not sure even about how we would do all that; it's possible that He may use some supernatural way to dispose of the remains of everything destroyed, like the fire that came down and burned up the alter in Elijah's day in 1Kings:18:38 and provide so many blessings along with restored health, youth, et.

No matter what or how it happens, we know Jehovah will provide the very best of everything in every way, to the 'desires of our hearts'. 

"Trust in Jehovah with all our hearts"..Proverbs 3:5,6

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

And in Genesis 1:28 He said, " . . .Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it. . ."

He did not say it would be subdued for Adam/us - He told Adam/us to do it.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 8/27/2017 at 10:40 AM, Qapla said:

Not to mention all the extra cars that may be sitting in new and used car lots as well as those no longer needed by drivers that are not there to use those cars

A Tesla or a water/solar-powered Maserati for me, please!  :wub:

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Well, they exist, so that proves it's possible to do it. Now we only need to find an alternative energy source and a more efficient way of using it. :)

I'm guessing by your words that solar energy won't be enough to move my invention, so maybe a fusion engine would work. Once it's perfected it will be a clean, cheap and powerful technology. :lol:

I am with you on fusion. Fusion has long been the Holy Grail of the scientific community. A few years back a couple of scientists thought they had discovered cold fusion. They were mistaken, but their claims fueled a lot of speculation the potential use of a unique source of energy. Hot or Cold Fusion energy has the ability to supply all our power requirements

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

A Tesla or a water/solar-powered Maserati for me, please!  :wub:

Oh, that is too bad. I was thinking about setting aside a Bugatti Chiron for you. Looks like I need to rethink.

1 minute ago, Old said:

Cold Fusion energy has the ability to supply all our power requirements

Hmmmm...

Sounds like a great name for a Starbucks frappicino. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Old said:

Oh, that is too bad. I was thinking about setting aside a Bugatti Chiron for you. Looks like I need to rethink.

That's pretty snazzy... but I really prefer sedan-type cars.  I like four-doors.   For me, cars are not about "laziness".  It's about getting from point A to B, maybe carrying luggage, supplies, etc. without needing to walk the whole way.  Anyone with a family look forward to taking a trip like Jacob and his family across the country?  Not me...

4 hours ago, Dove said:

He may not leave us to figure all these things out ourselves, having enough to do possibly with just cleaning up the earth. And we're not sure even about how we would do all that; it's possible that He may use some supernatural way to dispose of the remains of everything destroyed, like the fire that came down and burned up the alter in Elijah's day in 1Kings:18:38 and provide so many blessings along with restored health, youth, et.

Sandra, allow me to disagree on this one. :) Of course Jehovah has the power to do anything he wishes, but I don't expect him to be doing miracles all the time so that we can have a hot shower without a heater or drive a car without gas or walk in the rain without getting wet. He established certain natural laws and has left us to discover and take advantage of them. That's the fun of the new world, isn't it? :)

Regarding getting rid of old world remains, such as weapons, the Scriptures explicitly say we will have to work hard for years to clean all of them. I'm thinking of Ezekiel 39:9, 10: "The inhabitants of the cities of Israel will go out and make fires with the weapons—the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and lances. And they will use them to light fires for seven years. They will not need to take wood from the field or gather firewood from the forests because they will use the weapons to light fires." I discovered that scripture recently while preparing for a talk and I love it. :)

2 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I'm covering this in the next book, but the short answer is: There are only eight million of us. If we gave a car to every person in the new world, it'd still be a 99.9% cut in environmental damage.

Agreed. I think we forget that the planet is capable of dealing with a lot, it's just been overloaded for awhile. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, Guri said:

I will probably have a beautiful, safe, fast and reliable car which will work on compressed oxygen or on the sun light. 

I believe Jehovah will bless our efforts to invent completely new car with completely new technology. :) 

Yup, with oil less bearings, non plastic parts, no leather seats, rubber less tires.

:D

While I agree that, even though some of those major, complex, really massive interchanges on Interstate Highways - even though they are marvelous feats of mankind's engineering - are not the best looking, I do not agree that ALL roadways are "ugly".

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I can just imagine myself being part of the weapons disposal team. What a privilege to work on this big one! :D

The first step read the instructions.

Step One: “Disconnect green wire first.”

To myself, “H-m-m-m-, Can’t wait for my color blindness to be cured …must be this big one down here, snip…..”

WOW, what was that!! 

Wish my ears would quit ringing.

Step one: “Disconnect green wire first.”

To myself, “H-m-m-m-, Can’t wait for my color blindness to be cured …must be this big one down here, snip…..”

WOW, what was that!!  :confused:

To myself, “H-m-m-m-, Can’t wait for my color blindness to be cured …must be this big one down here, snip…..”

WOW, what was that!! :confused:

This ringing in my ears is getting worse, I think I will ask for a different assignment, at least until my color vision is restored. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Old said:

I can just imagine myself being part of the weapons disposal team. What a privilege to work on this big one! :D

Step One: “Disconnect green wire first.”

To myself, “H-m-m-m-, Can’t wait for my color blindness to be cured …must be this big one down here, snip…..”

WOW, what was that!! 

WOW, what was that!!  :confused:

This ringing in my ears is getting worse, I think I will ask for a different assignment, at least until my color vision is restored. :lol:

That reminds me of a Mash episode  :lol: