JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cars in the NS?

I don't even remember this. How could I have missed it? The solution to combustion motors, maybe ours in the new system. Sad he died (murdered?) before the technology could really take off, but maybe it did somewhere else?

http://www.dailybrainfreeze.com/conspiracies/stanley-meyer-free-energy-superstar-murdered/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Why would we need cars?

The Bible says Jehovah drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden, He had the Israelite drive the people out of the Promised Land, since the Bible is full of accounts of Jehovah having someone driving someone, I assume He'll set up a transportation system for us....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Why would we need cars?

The Bible says Jehovah drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden, He had the Israelite drive the people out of the Promised Land, since the Bible is full of accounts of Jehovah having someone driving someone, I assume He'll set up a transportation system for us....:whistling:

What is somebody drives you crazy? Would you take the ride? LOL :raspberry:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

You guys are too funny.

Seriously, does anyone have anything to add to this? Any car buffs or engineer-types. I like this sort of thing. I'm a bit of a car person, I have an ear for it (much to the chagrin of the folks I go in service with).

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

18 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

You guys are too funny.

Seriously, does anyone have anything to add to this? Any car buffs or engineer-types. I like this sort of thing. I'm a bit of a car person, I have an ear for it (much to the chagrin of the folks I go in service with).

Sorry.

Actually I thought this had already been discussed but I can't find the thread. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I dont think cars would be in the big picture, but initially they could be very useful specifically trucks for hauling and moving debris ... if someones desire is to have a car ... then who knows? Of course there is the issue of stored gas ... how would that be used up? You can't pop it back where it came from .. so initially I have to agree with the perspective in one of the novels i read  - i think it was Bill Underwood's Resurrection Day , his reasoning made perfect sense in that regard.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

All I know that any possible technology in the New World will be  environmentally clean and efficient 

Perhaps there will be concepts that will combine different elements of future science and current innovation 

Today big oil companies and organisations halt progress from departure from oil, in a New World will never have such problems. 

I wouldn't mind seeing nuclear powered car with perfect shielding of radiation - perfectly save for humans to use. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Cars have helped make people lazy. Me included. example - its a 5 or 10  min walk to get milk, jump in the car and go so I can hurry back and do not a whole lot in front of the computer or tv.   Maybe we have been mentally conditioned to have things fast fast fast. The car has been an invention of just the last 150 years. Only we have been spoiled by the use of the car. Anyone who existed before the car, which accounts for most of humanity did without. Just food for thought. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

59 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Anyone who existed before the car, which accounts for most of humanity did without. Just food for thought. 

And the majority of people living before 1368 did without toilet paper, with the "modern" version only coming into existence around 1857 (patent issued in 1883) with the advertising claim of being "splinter free" continuing into the 1930's (because some paper still had splinters at that time) .....

Anyone who existed before the car toilet paper,  which accounts for most of humanity, did without. Just food for thought.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Water powered, electric, steam and nuclear cars all sound environmentally friendly but what is the environment impact to make and eventually dispose these cars?

I hope we have cars in the NS but you have to consider the whole cradle to grave environment cost of making, using and recycling them.

7 hours ago, Hope said:

I think cars would be incredibly useful. Between steam power and electric, I don't see why not. Plus, I love cars!

And here is the issue really ... if someone has a passion for cars why can't they have that passion fuilfilled if its done in accord with Jehovah's laws for the NS. Or will he take that passion away from issues he deems incompatible with life in the NS? We will have to wait and see.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

17 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I don't even remember this. How could I have missed it? The solution to combustion motors, maybe ours in the new system. Sad he died (murdered?) before the technology could really take off, but maybe it did somewhere else?

http://www.dailybrainfreeze.com/conspiracies/stanley-meyer-free-energy-superstar-murdered/

Meyer's claims about his "Water Fuel Cell" and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996........

His "water fuel cell" was later examined by three expert witnesses in court who found that there "was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer's_water_fuel_cell

irregardless of his fraud the Idea of a water powered motor is still a good one.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Either cars or something else, I think we will need some means of transport in the new system. Otherwise, visiting any friend farther than a few kilometers will require several days of travel. Besides, we will have to move goods from one place to another, unless everyone produces their own toilet paper or screws or telephones or whatever.

There are a lot of ways vehicles can be built without posing any threat for the environment. They can be made of wood or paper or any recyclable material. And lots of clean sources of energy. That particular water fuel cell by Stanley Meyers is considered a fraud because it was presented as a perpetual motion machine, that is, he sustained that once started it produced more energy than it actually consumed. That is against the physical laws we know. His technology was only a project on paper that was never implemented. Yet his idea of using water as fuel is good: If you apply an electric current to water, it is decomposed in its two components: oxygen and hydrogen. This process is known as electrolysis. Then if you mix those gases and apply a spark, they become water again... with a violent explosion. The idea is to use that explosion to move the engine. The only waste that car would expel by the exhaust pipe is water vapor. :)

I'm sure in the new world we will be able to develop engines based on water, solar energy or any other clean source of energy.

On the topic of cars in the new system, I would say yes, at least at the beginning. A lot of transportation problems could be resolved given time. A logical first step would be to put many cars and parts into storage, to be taken out and refurbished as needed. No need to make new cars until we have new technology. Also there is a surplus of cars at the present time, why three cars in one driveway? we could retire 50% of our personal autos and still have more than enough to take care of our congregation's needs.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Not to mention all the extra cars that may be sitting in new and used car lots as well as those no longer needed by drivers that are not there to use those cars

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

This week digging for spiritual gems has a nice comment :

Wt 89 But what of all the war equipment that the nations will leave behind? In view of the symbolic indication of the length of time it will take to dispose of the combustible parts of them, the quantity will be enormous. (Ezekiel 39:8-10) Armageddon survivors may be able to adapt the materials of any remaining war relics of the nations to useful purposes.Isaiah 2:2-4.

If their is a possibility that we use whats left  of all war equipment in mine opinion cars will be also something we will use in NS

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

Not to mention all the extra cars that may be sitting in new and used car lots as well as those no longer needed by drivers that are not there to use those cars

The problem with cars is fuel. Existing gas reservoirs will be unusable after two or three years. Unless we keep pumping oil out of the ground, all cars will be unusable very few years after Armageddon.

3 hours ago, MCTDonna said:

This week digging for spiritual gems has a nice comment :

Wt 89 But what of all the war equipment that the nations will leave behind? In view of the symbolic indication of the length of time it will take to dispose of the combustible parts of them, the quantity will be enormous. (Ezekiel 39:8-10) Armageddon survivors may be able to adapt the materials of any remaining war relics of the nations to useful purposes.Isaiah 2:2-4.

If their is a possibility that we use whats left  of all war equipment in mine opinion cars will be also something we will use in NS

Correct  we need to be open minded to any possibilities .. I mean ANY.

For example what Jehovah will "allow" us to use right after Armageddon could contrast with life  we are going to have 3 million years after the event. Eternity it's a long time.

3 minutes ago, carlos said:

The problem with cars is fuel. Existing gas reservoirs will be unusable after two or three years. Unless we keep pumping oil out of the ground, all cars will be unusable very few years after Armageddon.

Also I think roads are so ugly in this system so if we are going to have a form of transportation we would need to think of rebuilding roads and make them significantly nicer in appearance in order to blend in into Paradisaical environment. 

The upkeep of roadways is also an issue.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. I think at certain times I'll just stand there and see what Jehovah had planned and be in awe - it'll be so much better than our feeble minds could conjure- at this point any way.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

True, some of us know how to make gasoline if there is crude available.