JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

O.K. I thought it might be fun for those of us with great imaginations (and I know there are a lot of you!) to think about what it would be like to write a "newspaper" or "internet story" in the New World.  Let's say its the day after Armageddon and you have the opportunity to write an article on something different or interesting you noticed right after Armageddon or sometime after Armageddon - what would you name the article and what would you say?  You can put one sentence after your headline or a paragraph or you can write a novel if you want!  Give us your imagination and help the rest of us to see what you see the day after the Great Day of Jehovah!!!! . . . . .

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Headline (or topic sentence):

Spoiler

JUST AS HE SAID!!

The war of all wars has happened! JEHOVAH IS GOD! He vindicated himself!!

On (day, date) and (time) Jehovah, by his Son Jesus Christ, destroyed his enemies and drove his arch enemy, Satan with his demonic cohorts, into prison for 1,000 years! 

Spoiler

Let us sing to Jehovah!!!!

Now we have work to do. We will turn the earth into a paradise just like Jehovah purposed in the beginning. Now only those serving and praising Jehovah will live on the earth. Sickness will be gone. And after a while sickness will be unheard of! 

Our dead loved ones, even those we've never met, our ancestors will live again. We'll meet ancient men and women of old. 

Children will never have to visit a zoo because all animals will bring us no harm. 

PRAISE JEHOVAH!!!

Ok I didn't know you would have to press a key to get the information. Sorry.

Edited by Luezette

"Homes are being built plus land without landlords." 

"Lions are walking around and civilians are not fearful."

"Blind ones are seeing without doctors."

"Everywhere you turn you see people leaving their homes without locking their doors."

"Women are giving birth without accruciating pain."

"No pollution. You can now actually see the stars at night."

Edited by Luezette

1 hour ago, Dages said:

modern headline would look like :

"10 biblical heroes are resurrected, you will be amazed by number 6."

Please don't do that in Paradise, hahaha.

Well j

1 hour ago, Dages said:

modern headline would look like :

"10 biblical heroes are resurrected, you will be amazed by number 6."

Please don't do that in Paradise, hahaha.

Well who would be No.6?

Worldwide shock at sudden appearance of water canopy!

Loving Reminder - Equalising of chocolate supplies begins tomorrow.

Old-USA finally adopts decimal system!

Prohibition of BBQs for one day per week to begin to allow viewing of stars.

Sword shortage/Plowshare glut

Brother’s amazing story -

”I gave attention to his place but he wasn’t there!”

Annual Meeting Speculation - New Scrolls?

New update to JW Library brings holographic conferencing.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

8 hours ago, Dages said:

I'm wondering if we will still use newspapers, though. Jehovah will provide informations so we will know about global events.

So maybe in a local scale?

Or to explain some stuff that are not related to our spiritual life, like a science newspaper?

Maybe we will/won't use newspapers, who knows? Either way I think this is fun in a sense, for it allows us to use our imagination based on the real hope in the Bible. 

For instance, I would love to ask Abel how they knew that Jehovah accepted one sacrifice over another. The reality though could be that I wouldn't have to for they might tell it voluntarily or it might be shown, who knows? 

The bottom line is this is a fine thing that Shali thought of. 

Let's have fun!

Edited by Luezette

1 hour ago, Dages said:

It's nice to think about Paradise.

But for Abel interview I guess it will be more official like a video on tv.jw.org

Huh? Why not Abel giving us information in person? Yes, there'll be more than a lot of people to tell it to, but he'll have more than a lifetime to tell it. 

And speaking of such, this makes me wonder (at this very moment) if others  too saw Jehovah gives evidence of whose sacrifice he approved of. Though the Bible doesn't say if others witnessed that or not. It just mentions Abel and Cain. But there are quite a few things the Bible is silent on that happened during those times (don't get me started). 

Boy oh boy! I can hardly wait (though I know I have to). There's so much to learn! :)

Edited by Luezette

Ok. Here's another one, though it's really because there's a sister I know who claims she's going to marry Abel. I try to tell her that Abel was married, but she claims that he was not simply because Jehovah doesn't mention that. I cannot,  for the life of me, imagine Jehovah letting a good man like that be free. Not with all of his gorgeous sisters, or nieces, etc, running around hoping for a good man what with such a poor example Lamech set and the consequences of that. 

Sooo, another headline: 

"Abel announced that he was married." 

:lol1:

Edited by Luezette

1 hour ago, Dages said:

It's nice to think about Paradise.

But for Abel interview I guess it will be more official like a video on tv.jw.org

That's what I think about all the "Bible Celebrity" interviews.  It will be a lot more organized, easy and able to record for posterity to have a series of interviews (with Q & A sent in, perhaps) à la those featured on JW Broadcasting or magazine articles.  Why should the resurrected ones have to spend all their time telling the same stories over and over again?  Will they go on tour??  Don't they deserve a normal life?

One of our COs pointed out - and rightly so - that since it's a safe assumption that people will be resurrected in the same part of the world they live/died, it's not likely we will run into any Bible personnel unless we're all going to Israel.  I have similar thoughts regarding everyone who will have a lion and tiger anywhere in the world they may happen to live - regardless that those animals don't live there, nor anywhere near each other... :D 

Hmmm, you have a point there Hope. I hadn't thought of some of what you said especially about going to Israel. 

Yet, maybe some of us will. I mean, we'll literally have a lifetime to travel. 

As far as the Bible people telling the same story over and over, I think that's really up to them how they want to handle that. Yes, however it's handled it will definitely be organized since Jehovah is organized as in a "God of order."

Whatever and however it's done, we'll all have to wait and see. 

Edited by Luezette

Earth’s Nuclear Waste Stockpiles Miraculously Neutralized!

While flying over Red Zone 2208, an area formerly known as the Nevada Nuclear Test Site, a G/M equipped survey blimp (i.e., operating Geiger Mueller Radiation Detectors) failed to find any indications of ionizing radiation.   Personal Dosimeter badges also registered ZERO Roentgens.   Since radioactive isotopes normally have a half life of thousands of years, the crew immediately concluded that the sudden absence of harmful radiation levels was an indication of Divine Intervention.  

Red Zone 2210 (The Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository, also located in what was formerly known as in Nye County, Nevada,) was thoroughly examined.   No harmful radiation levels were detected there, or at several dozen other nuclear waste sites around the globe.   Nor were any radiation levels detected at former weapon’s grade plutonium processing facilities, or former nuclear launch sites.

The conclusion?  

Jehovah had miraculously neutralized, not only the nuclear waste stockpiles, but all harmful radiation— earth-wide!

(Continued on page 8b)

Background Info:

"The nuclear industry generates a total of about 2,000 - 2,300 metric tons of used, and highly radioactive, fuel per year.

Over the past four decades, the entire industry has produced 76,430 metric tons of radioactive waste."

http://www.ccnr.org/plute_inventory_99.html

Then, there is all the highly enriched uranium in nuclear weapons stockpiles.

There are weapon—and commercial-grade—stockpiles in 15 countries .

The first-ever gram amounts of plutonium were provided to Manhattan Project scientists in 1944, and the initial six-plus kilograms produced in the B reactor at Hanford were used in the Manhattan Project's Trinity test on July 16, 1945.

The next six-plus kilograms went into the bomb dropped on Nagasaki on August 9, 1945.

Since World War II, more than 1,200 metric tons of plutonium have been produced in nuclear reactors. Of those 1,200 metric tons, approximately 260 are weapon-grade plutonium, defined as containing less than 7 percent (typically 5-6 percent) plutonium 240, an isotope with a high rate of spontaneous fission.

Commercial-grade inventories presumably are composed of a combination of fuel-grade plutonium (7 to 18 percent 240) and reactor-grade (more than 19 percent 240). Despite its high plutonium 240 content, nuclear weapons can be made with reactor-grade plutonium.

http://www.ccnr.org/plute_inventory_99.html

These quotes come from 1999.  A couple more countries can be added, now.

59c07d4a6c89d_NuclearWastestockpilesarenojokingmatter.jpg.a227bf3456073bc342cc1c349e35f5c5.jpg

Cartoon credit: www.sanonofresafety.org/nuclear-waste/

Dangerous to humans

According to the Nuclear Energy Institute, 29,000 tons of spent uranium fuel rods are stockpiled around the world.

This highly radioactive waste, dangerous for as long as 200,000 years, has to be isolated and guarded in every country that has dabbled in nuclear energy.

This extraordinary legacy of dangerous radioactive waste is present in every country that has adopted nuclear power as a form of electricity production, as well as those with nuclear weapons. No country has yet solved the problem of how to deal with waste that remains dangerous to humans for thousands and thousands of years. (As mentioned above, up to 200,000 years, in some instances.)

Dealing with the waste stored at Sellafield—the largest of a dozen nuclear sites in Britain—already costs the UK taxpayer £2 billion a year, and it is expected to be at least as much as this every year for half a century.  Hundreds of people are employed to prevent the radioactivity leaking or overheating to cause a nuclear disaster, and the cost of dealing with the waste at this site alone has already risen to £70 billion.

The belief was always that science would find some way of neutralizing the dangerous radioactivity, and then it could be buried as simply as any other rubbish. This hope has proved to be ill-founded.

Yah thi-ink?!

I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

--Jeremiah 10:23

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

53 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Breaking news

Satan captured and jailed for 1000 years with no chance of early parole. 

Hey Vinnie? I especially like, lol, the part about "no chance of early parole." 

I mean, yeah he's going to get out only to wreck havoc on mankind again by misleading them. But then once that's done...BOOM! DEATH! 

So yeah no parole. Lol. He got it coming to him as well as his accomplices!