JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When A Video is Unscheduled...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2365 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was a brilliant video to show us how our brothers are willingly and enthusiastically pooling together to help those affected.  Yes, it takes time and a lot of money.  And it is good to know specifically what is needed to help them.  And we can't forget the most important thing is to pray for them, as this keeps our brothers' suffering close to our heart - We won't forget you.

Aside experience: when my mum's congregation territory had a localised storm come through, it damaged some of the brothers' and sisters' homes, including my mum's.  The building committee quickly came and fixed her roof and all the others in the congregation, while the rest of the street was under tarps for more than a year waiting for insurance to assess.  Yes, Jehovah is our refuge in times of distress - Is 33:16:

He will reside in the heights; His secure refuge will be in rocky strongholds, His bread will be provided, And his water supply will never fail.

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The building committee quickly came and fixed her roof and all the others in the congregation, while the rest of the street was under tarps for more than a year waiting for insurance to assess.

The building committee saves on insurance costs. No wonder God's kingdom is the best solution.

18 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The building committee quickly came and fixed her roof and all the others in the congregation, while the rest of the street was under tarps for more than a year waiting for insurance to assess.

I've always assumed that the home owner would still file an insurance claim and possibly contribute some of the money so the brothers have the funds available to help others. So the home owner would still need to get an insurance assessment. 

Is that not correct?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've always assumed that the home owner would still file an insurance claim and possibly contribute some of the money so the brothers have the funds available to help others. So the home owner would still need to get an insurance assessment. 

Is that not correct?

When we rebuilt roofs in Florida (after Katrina, Wilma and Rita) in 2005, that was the suggestiop.  File an insurance claim and consider donating the funds to help the relief work.

I know the insurance claim was filed. Just that her roof was fixed before anyone else's in the street, thanks to the brothers. Also, this was back a few years now, and her home was used for witnessing groups and the book study. Jehovah looked after her needs, especially as she is a widow and was auxiliary pioneering back then. So Jehovah will always come through for our brothers now too.

13 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Why? When we lived there, I recall the people being poor but hospitable. Has that changed?

You probably work here brother chocobro :) do you bring your wife with you? 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)