JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, leoperales said:

There has been an update to this.  As of now, only on iPad, the videos for the week's CLAM meeting can now be access through JW Library by tapping on Meetings > Multimedia (the icon at the top right-hand corner with the musical note)

That works on the Windows version too.

I just discovered that while in the "show media' on the Windows version, you can 'right click' the files and delete them.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/3/2016 at 2:18 AM, Skye said:

I'm not sure if this happened a long long time ago, but I'm now seeing Watchtowers from 2004-2016. 

I noticed the WT are now available to 2002.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I noticed the WT are now available to 2002.

Richard, I have the Watchtowers on my Ipad Air 2 that now go back to 2002 also.  But when I click to download them, only the WTs dated the 15th of each month load.  They are listed at the top under "Public".  At the bottom of the screen under "Study" are the WTs dated on the 1st of each month.  When I click on them, it downloads, blinks and then says "download failed".  this is true of both 2003 and 2002.  Strange.

My Windows version only goes back to 2004.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Richard, I have the Watchtowers on my Ipad Air 2 that now go back to 2002 also.  But when I click to download them, only the WTs dated the 15th of each month load.  They are listed at the top under "Public".  At the bottom of the screen under "Study" are the WTs dated on the 1st of each month.  When I click on them, it downloads, blinks and then says "download failed".  this is true of both 2003 and 2002.  Strange.

This happens in my Android tablet too.  I could only download the 15th's of the 2002 and 2003 years (as of yesterday at least).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm feeling a bit disgruntled this morning! I had acquired the habit of pouring my first cup of coffee, then opening jw library, then clicking on "daily text". After stumbling around in so many pages I lost count, I found the daily text. coffee was on the brink of cool by then.  amazing web site, but I am not sure how much use I will get from it. One bonus? I have the whole library at my disposal, to peruse at my leisure. Just carry on a mission of discovery as I go.  LOL

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

My Windows version shows all of the 2002 but when I try to d/l the 1st, i get the 15th instead....maybe it's trying to tell me something...:)

8 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

I'm feeling a bit disgruntled this morning! I had acquired the habit of pouring my first cup of coffee, then opening jw library, then clicking on "daily text". After stumbling around in so many pages I lost count, I found the daily text. coffee was on the brink of cool by then.  amazing web site, but I am not sure how much use I will get from it. One bonus? I have the whole library at my disposal, to peruse at my leisure. Just carry on a mission of discovery as I go.  LOL

Sister Peggy,  If you have an Apple device, open JW-Library.  The daily text is listed in an icon on the bottom of the screen.  If you have a Windows device, open JW-Library and the daily text icon is on top of the screen.  If you have an Android device, open JW-Library, click on the 3 horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen (or swipe from the left to open the navigation pane).  Then choose the daily text from the menu.

11 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

I'm confused...the Daily Text icon is in the same place it's always been.  :confused:

18 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

JWLibrary? Website?

Where were you?

15 minutes ago, leoperales said:

I'm confused...the Daily Text icon is in the same place it's always been.  :confused:

I didn't know there was a Daily Text icon.  Is that an ipad thing?

3 minutes ago, shali said:

On Android, Drag the left side of your screen to find the Daily Text icon.

Don't know about Windows.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I do an icon next to the words    "daily text" in my side menu but never paid attention to it before.  I just see the words and click on those.  I thought when you said "icon" you meant just the icon and nothing else (no words)

26 minutes ago, shali said:

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/android/features/#link2

Good thing we are watching the video tonight....:)

Had a funny thing happen at the Meeting last night. Brother Dan was doing the concluding remarks, about to read a letter,  and music burst forth from where he had been seated, his wifes Apple phone had started playing a song. He made a little joke about 'some' people trying to hurry him along and she finally got her phone shut down. They live in a divided household,  she is an apple person,  he has android stuff.

Denise and I were sitting across from Sis Joy and I could see she  the struggle she was having in quieting her phone. I talked with them later and she showed me what happened. 

During the part, she had tapped a song to download and when it finished loading it automatically started playing.  She had her phone muted, ringer and media turned down, it played anyway and she couldn't stop it. She did it again, when we were talking, it played by itself automatically when finished downloading.  Her volume button had no affect.  They only thing that worked was de selecting the page, throwing the whole page off screen....weird

1 minute ago, tekmantwo said:

They only thing that worked was de selecting the page, throwing the whole page off screen....weird

The heel of a dress shoe works well....

37 minutes ago, shali said:

I do an icon next to the words    "daily text" in my side menu but never paid attention to it before.  I just see the words and click on those.  I thought when you said "icon" you meant just the icon and nothing else (no words)

You are correct, it's an icon with the title "Daily Text" to the right of the icon. 

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

If you have an Android device, open JW-Library, click on the 3 horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen (or swipe from the left to open the navigation pane)

We learned in the video that this is called a "Navigation Drawer" and that the "three dots" are the "more" button

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, leoperales said:

Updates to 1.7.2:

Full screen in meetings

Improvements to how the app works with AirPlay

Thanks....I guess I didn't notice.  I am not an "Apple" person and I don't use AirPlay, so it didn't mean anything new to me.

10 hours ago, Qapla said:

We learned in the video that this is called a "Navigation Drawer" and that the "three dots" are the "more" button

You mean that brothers and sisters have "Drawers"!? Whoa. (:P)

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

23 minutes ago, AH173 said:

You mean that brothers and sisters have "Drawers"!? Whoa. (:P)

I felt kinda left out b/c I didn't have "navigation drawers' Tues night.........bahaaaaa  bahaaaa.....just not w/the right crowd I guess.    But we'll get along anyway!  ha, ha