JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 minute ago, shali said:

I am highlighting first, no matter what all my notes are light purple.  I think I will restart my device because it seems a little "glitchy" since the update (the God's Kingdom Rule book doesn't take me to the book mark I press and the page it does take me to flashs!  Might do a restart and see if that doesn't solve some of these little problems.

In last resort backup and reinstall the app after uninstalling

17 minutes ago, shali said:

I am highlighting first, no matter what all my notes are light purple.  I think I will restart my device because it seems a little "glitchy" since the update (the God's Kingdom Rule book doesn't take me to the book mark I press and the page it does take me to flashs!  Might do a restart and see if that doesn't solve some of these little problems.

When you highlight, do the 4 colors pop up so that you can select a color, or only the two pins to slide the selected sentence?

14 minutes ago, leoperales said:

When you highlight, do the 4 colors pop up so that you can select a color, or only the two pins to slide the selected sentence?

@shaliAnd I add that by hilighting I mean putting a color there not just selecting :)

Select

20170510_191413.png.0b11b945a399beecf5e8687644d08779.png

Highlight 

20170510_191335.png.f52eb0b0fc16b87129715a6ab367263f.png

Pressing on the highlighted area

20170510_191312.png.dd94589db14f25a56417ed2933b7541c.png

Now it's when you should press on the note icon and it will work

(this is just for the meeting schedule, for other places it works to click on the note icon just after selecting) 

Edited by jayrtom

I wonder if we will be able to transfer our notes and highlights from the NWT to the Study Bible when it added to JW Library.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

My JW Library Android phone does not work like it used to work! I used to be to take notes on main opening meeting page!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

False alarm! As explained by you awesome friends make a word hilighted, not just selected, then you can make note on main page for meetings. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5913703051065/Screenshot_20170510-124830.png?

When I do that with the schedule under the Life and Ministry heading I get the icon for "note" but when I press it nothing happens most of the time, it's kinda hit and miss as to whether it will work, whereas if I do it the way I explained earlier, it works everytime.  Wonder if that is a "glitch" because it's that way on both my tablet and phone (Android).

I have to actually highlight the word not just highlight the word! you techies will know what I mean!

I don't know if this was already posted (think not) but just noticed this feature:

On the personal study area, if you click on a note and it gets expanded, you can click on the little arrow (like on the music and videos) and the note will stay on the bottom wherever you go on the app - I can imagine good applications for this :)

20170510_235610.thumb.png.09b9baaa8dc664c0b95079ac444b8315.png

20170510_235648.thumb.png.bee68b18e86a12e4e58fcbcd6639c44a.png

11 hours ago, shali said:

When I do that with the schedule under the Life and Ministry heading I get the icon for "note" but when I press it nothing happens most of the time, it's kinda hit and miss as to whether it will work, whereas if I do it the way I explained earlier, it works everytime.  Wonder if that is a "glitch" because it's that way on both my tablet and phone (Android).

Yes, I have the same issue in my Android tablet and in every Android tablet I tried today at the hall. The note icon appears but it does nothing. Yet it works fine if you click on the workbook, then the current week.

It's an Android issue, Joao doesn't have it because he's using Windows. iPads don't have the problem either.

13 minutes ago, carlos said:

Yes, I have the same issue in my Android tablet and in every Android tablet I tried today at the hall. The note icon appears but it does nothing. Yet it works fine if you click on the workbook, then the current week.

It's an Android issue, Joao doesn't have it because he's using Windows. iPads don't have the problem either.

I'm using Windows and Android and it works. Have you tried to highlight with a color before clicking on the note icon? 

20170511_001835.thumb.png.29f286cf796ae1bbffe753f658b1c8c4.png

Edited by jayrtom

I have to actually highlight the word not just select to highlight the word! you techies will know what I mean! Selecting a color activates the note icon.

Can't you search the notes on the personal study area? Also you can export your notes so I didn't understand what you mean...

I'm using an iPad and iPhone and see no option for export or search. All I see is an icon for backup.

33 minutes ago, niall said:

I'm using an iPad and iPhone and see no option for export or search. All I see is an icon for backup.

You create a backup and on your other devices you restore it with the same created backup.

35 minutes ago, niall said:

Don't you see a field on the top with a magnifying glass?

591401979e97a_wp_ss_20170511_0001(2).thumb.jpg.610b901d9ac68d2949f641dcfed3acc6.jpg

export = backup

On 5/10/2017 at 0:30 AM, shali said:

Now the bluetooth keyboard I bought for my tablet is really gonna get a work out!

Just bought myself a new tablet .. and I've been looking at Bluetooth keyboards, too.  B)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

16 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I don't know if this was already posted (think not) but just noticed this feature:

On the personal study area, if you click on a note and it gets expanded, you can click on the little arrow (like on the music and videos) and the note will stay on the bottom wherever you go on the app - I can imagine good applications for this :)

20170510_235610.thumb.png.09b9baaa8dc664c0b95079ac444b8315.png

20170510_235648.thumb.png.bee68b18e86a12e4e58fcbcd6639c44a.png

This feature will be good during the regional convention when we are taking notes in the program. I'm going to create a new 'purple' note for each talk, and apparently I can minimize the note for that talk and navigate the Bible while I'm going back and forth to the note to add notes from the speaker. However, the only cumbersome thing I see is that you have to Edit the note every time you maximize the note.

6 minutes ago, leoperales said:

This feature will be good during the regional convention when we are taking notes in the program. I'm going to create a new 'purple' note for each talk, and apparently I can minimize the note for that talk and navigate the Bible while I'm going back and forth to the note to add notes from the speaker. However, the only cumbersome thing I see is that you have to Edit the note every time you maximize the note.

That's a good idea to use it on the convention!

But when the note is maximized you don't have to select "edit". Just click anywhere on the note and start typing!

11 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

That's a good idea to use it on the convention!

But when the note is maximized you don't have to select "edit". Just click anywhere on the note and start typing!

Wow! You're right. I assumed that you had to Edit like other notes.

While I was trying it out just now, you can make additional notes in the Bible without having to 'x' out of the minimized note. 

Thank you for pointing this out Joao!!!

My phone carrier just pushed out an update for Android Nougat and now I can just tap a word and note-taking is activated! So I don't have to highlight word anymore.... Let's see how long this works!

Update! Correction: highlighting still required on open meetings page...

3 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

My phone carrier just pushed out an update for Android Nougat and now I can just tap a word and note-taking is activated! So I don't have to highlight word anymore.... Let's see how long this works! emoji23.pngemoji6.pngemoji23.png

I don't think that's a new update. I can do that in Marshmallow.

My phone carrier just pushed out an update for Android Nougat and now I can just tap a word and note-taking is activated! So I don't have to highlight word anymore.... Let's see how long this works!

Update! Correction: highlighting still required on open meetings page...

I'm not really familiar with android, but in iOS you can open the meetings tab and select a word or words for note taking without highlighting.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Just now, Thesauron said:

I'm not really familiar with android, but in iOS you can open the meetings tab and select a word or words for note taking without highlighting.

Johan

In android too. I don't know what the other brothers are referring to when saying that you can't take notes in the Meeting tab.

Just now, leoperales said:

In android too. I don't know what the other brothers are referring to when saying that you can't take notes in the Meeting tab.

I can take notes in the Meeting tab on my android too..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D