JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"YES to gay marriage wins in Australia"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2302 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 17/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, MizPeg said:

A question that might help?  If you approach someone to witness to, and they state they area same sex couple, married legally, would you withhold the ' truth' , from them? Extremely difficult situation, but with Holy spirit all things are possible, isn't? And who are we to judge someone who hasn't been enlightened?

The English refer to this situation as, "a bit of a sticky wicket" ?

Sorry, Peggy, I didn't notice this post. I personally don't have any problem sharing the Bible message with someone who is a homosexual, married or not. Of course, a rather unpleasant situation may appear when that person studies and arrives to the chapter about practices that Jehovah hates, but the same happens with someone who smokes, celebrates Christmas or live an immoral lifestyle.

I studied with a homosexual young man and he made good progress, to the point of becoming an unbaptized publisher. Sadly, he got tired of struggling with those feelings and ended up going back to the world. But he knows the truth and I still hope he comes back to Jehovah before it is too late.

Edited by carlos

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/12/07/15/19/parliament-passes-same-sex-marriage-bill?ocid=Social-9News

Its official. Australia has just legalised same sex marriage today. I knew it would happen but i feel so sad. Its such a precious sacred thing in Jehovahs eyes and to see it demoralised like this is just devastating 

Edited by shans81

4 hours ago, Dove said:

It must look just like Sodom & Gomorrah down here... How many more ways can they ruin the Earth and demoralize themselves..:crying:

Sometimes I think, if the people of Sodom & Gomorrah were alive today they would be cringing in embarrassment.

:blush::surrender:

I'd imagine 4th, we best protect our children by telling them Jehovah's view on the matter according to their young age. It is truly disturbing though; it feels as if everyone on the planet is gay or is dabbling in being gay. I'm still very confused about this business of transgender myself. And as much as transgender men want to be feminine, they still hold their manly strength. They are still very very strong though they wear a wiglet and a dress and so it clashes with what's natural.
I will never forget the story of the precious little girl, a first grader, whose classmate was a boy before they let out for summer and returned a girl in the fall. The precious little girl got in trouble for calling the boy, a boy which is what he really is. And she was sent to the office crying that she in turn didn't want to turn into a boy! How confusing and painful that must be it sure is for me.

Sure I know boys may want to play with dolls and girls may want to play with dump trucks but my word how can a male want to be feminine it's just crazy this whole world is crazy! Many commit suicide because of the confusion. I also think about those later years when people change physically and how our bodies change every seven or so years what will they do then. What will they want to be then. 
By the way Dove that is so beautiful that you can say "my children are grandparents"! Ummmm Choco Bro okay, so this may sound sexist, but males' #2s and their farts have a stronger stench than females, just so you know.   

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

1 hour ago, NSSewer said:

I'd imagine 4th, we best protect our children by telling them Jehovah's view on the matter according to their young age. It is truly disturbing though; it feels as if everyone on the planet is gay or is dabbling in being gay. I'm still very confused about this business of transgender myself. And as much as transgender men want to be feminine, they still hold their manly strength. They are still very very strong though they wear a wiglet and a dress and so it clashes with what's natural.

From what I've read it sometimes has to do with brain chemistry or brain neurons.  Men's and women's brains work differently in a very literal sense.  In the case of (some) transgendered individuals, their brains are literally working opposite the way their physical sex/gender is. 

On 23/11/2017 at 1:01 AM, carlos said:

Sorry, Peggy, I didn't notice this post. I personally don't have any problem sharing the Bible message with someone who is a homosexual, married or not. Of course, a rather unpleasant situation may appear when that person studies and arrives to the chapter about practices that Jehovah hates, but the same happens with someone who smokes, celebrates Christmas or live an immoral lifestyle.

I would also make the point that the bible says something similar about unmarried straight people. I'm single. The rules I have to live by are no different than a gay man. The rest of the churches have given up on that, but there's no double standard in scripture.

It may be harder for a gay person to come into the truth, but it's also harder for a three-pack-a-day smoker, or someone who makes a living selling munitions, or a regular straight man who lives with a girlfriend, and doesn't see anything immoral about that. If any of these people see the truth for what it is, they have to make a choice. But it's always the same choice.

24 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I would also make the point that the bible says something similar about unmarried straight people. I'm single. The rules I have to live by are no different than a gay man. The rest of the churches have given up on that, but there's no double standard in scripture.

It may be harder for a gay person to come into the truth, but it's also harder for a three-pack-a-day smoker, or someone who makes a living selling munitions, or a regular straight man who lives with a girlfriend, and doesn't see anything immoral about that. If any of these people see the truth for what it is, they have to make a choice. But it's always the same choice.

Well said, thank you!

Even our 7 year old without telling her too much looked puzzled when I told her that now two men or two women are allowed to marry. Before I even discussed with her Jehovah's viewpoint she looked at me with a stern face and said " well that just isn't right" 

13 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Yep immorality is immorality whether it's heterosexual or homosexual 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)