JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

On 10/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, DancesWithWife said:

I got to see the Association live in Reno. I was down there for my older brothers wedding. They were performing at one of the hotels. I think it was around $8 for a little over hour show. This would have been in 1982. 

That was my favorite group for a while back in the 1960's.  I loved that song and the song, 'Cherish' a lot.  A few years later I mentioned The Association to a coworker who was a year older than I was and he responded with, 'The Who?"  He did not even remember them at all until I started naming their songs.

I also liked Pater and Gordon and the Four Seasons.

Edited by Witness1970

added last line.

There were so many great live albums the 70s produced. Neil Diamond had one of the best ever. My older brother got to see Neil Diamond as his first concert at 16 during this tour.  He performed in Seattle about a month before performing at the Greek Theater in Los Angles, California where he sold out 10 shows. 

This is my favorite song from the album when I first heard it, and it continues to be my favorite song from this live album. If you have never listened to the complete live album from 1972, take the time to do so. Other great tracks are Morningside, Done to Soon and Stones.

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

How about That Thing You Do? I was in the theater watching this movie when this older couple (ironically now about my age 65) or were watching the movie. After the scene where they are recording the song, the old guy gets up in a huff, basically dragging his wife. He couldn't take "the loud rock music anymore".  I thought what kind of a movie did you think you were watching?  

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

On 10/31/2023 at 8:06 PM, DancesWithWife said:

Paul Carrack - Living years

Lovely song and such heartfelt lyrics

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him
In the living years

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:56 AM, DancesWithWife said:

From 1982, Christopher Cross singing about Laura, the friend of his girlfriend. She was 18, in college killed by a stray bullet.from a nearby gang fight. 

Angelic voice ❤️

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Who needs Amps? Who needs microphones? From 1967 The Mindbenders perform "It's getting Harder all the time" from the movie To Sir, With Love. 

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

the movie To Sir, With Love. 

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

One of my first songs that I remember skating to at the roller-skating rink was The Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini in the early 60s. Song came out in 1961. 

Another song I recall skating to at the roller rink as a kid. From 1967. I am thankful that I had such an eclectic skating coach that exposed me to so much music. 

From 1966, the great Johnny Rivers. I am thankful I grew up listening to so much variety of music in the 60's & 70s.