JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

School Shooting Coral Springs, Florida

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2065 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This school shooting in Parkland occurred very close to me. We have been going back and forth for about a year on whether or not to homeschool our two kids. We are now certain homeschooling is what we will do for the upcoming school year. Our kids are not safe and we certainly don't trust the system to keep them safe. As this system nears its end, things will only get worse. I used to feel that the socialization at school and the ability to take a stand at school was good for the kids. Things have gotten so bad and out of control though, that aside from the education that kids receive at school there is no other benefit. The things that they are exposed to is horrible and shocking at times.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, Kristian said:

Since 2018 it's been only 46 days, and there were 18 school shootings. 

Starting like this, this year will be very interesting.. 

DWC8JALW0AIm_2b.jpg

How about this bit of news....from a social media site:

the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world: ENGLAND: 0 GREECE: 1 NETHERLANDS: 1 SPAIN: 1 INDIA: 1 ARGENTINA: 1 RUSSIA: 1 CHINA: 3 MEXICO: 4 AUSTRALIA: 5 CANADA: 5 GERMANY: 5 SOUTH AFRICA: 5 USA: 212

3:57 PM - 15 Feb 2018

I used to live just a few miles up Connecticut Interstate 85  from Sandy Hook.  Now I find this, in a school where I have worked here in SC:

http://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/student-arrested-in-threat-against-chapin-high-school

Edited by rbrown1205

1 hour ago, sadari said:

This school shooting in Parkland occurred very close to me. We have been going back and forth for about a year on whether or not to homeschool our two kids. We are now certain homeschooling is what we will do for the upcoming school year. Our kids are not safe and we certainly don't trust the system to keep them safe. As this system nears its end, things will only get worse. I used to feel that the socialization at school and the ability to take a stand at school was good for the kids. Things have gotten so bad and out of control though, that aside from the education that kids receive at school there is no other benefit. The things that they are exposed to is horrible and shocking at times.

I would never criticize a parent for deciding to homeschool their children.

You really don't know if your child will return home.

I don't feel like school shootings are isolated incidents any longer.It is a daily concern.

http://www.newsystemschool.org/index.html

I have heard of New System School, a program for Jehovah's witnesses who home school their children, ever since my son was very young, and we considered doing it, until I had to work to help pay the bills.   They have a website now - has anyone heard of them?

Edited by rbrown1205

3 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

http://www.newsystemschool.org/index.html

I have heard of New System School, a program for Jehovah's witnesses who home school their children, ever since my son was very young, and we considered doing it, until I had to work to help pay the bills.   They have a website now - has anyone heard of them?

Hi there. New System Schools is what is called an "umbrella school" for JW families wanting to homeschool. We have been using them as ours this homeschool year. You can go to their website to print, sign and send a request to obtain a info packet from them, along with a $15 money order. The packet is necessary and super helpful. The family fee for the year is $165 and your are also required to obtain a HSLDA membership ($110/year). You can always call and ask them questions. The website doesn't look like much but it is legit. Been around for quite awhile now. Hope this helps.

I just had to shake my head when I saw the press conference on the news and all the crying, angrily shouting, protesting youths and to top it all off nobel-peace-prize-laureate Barack Obama claiming he would support all these young people in their endeavour..

.. and then in the next news piece right after, it was about the thousands of innocents trapped in suffering in East-Ghouta, victims of a conflict that has now been raging for 7 years, fueled by weapon supply shipments from countries like the United States, in part supported and sanctioned by? The very same nobel-peace-prize-laureate Barack Obama.

Am I the only one that sees all the blatant cynicism in Satan's system? This world is so cray-cray.

Edited by ChocoBro

40 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Am I the only one that sees all the blatant cynicism in Satan's system? This world is so cray-cray

Naw Brother,  it ain't just you, a lot of us see it but opt to not view it closely.  Our Speaker last Sunday said exactly that...

I check the news updates a couple three times a day,  takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to get all I can stomach. ...

If I watch too much of the current slop I start getting angry and frustrated because I can't do anything to fix it, even if that's not my current assignment.  I will just do what I can and wait on Jehovah and Jesus to fix it ...

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:07 AM, LettJW said:

Hi there. New System Schools is what is called an "umbrella school" for JW families wanting to homeschool. We have been using them as ours this homeschool year. You can go to their website to print, sign and send a request to obtain a info packet from them, along with a $15 money order. The packet is necessary and super helpful. The family fee for the year is $165 and your are also required to obtain a HSLDA membership ($110/year). You can always call and ask them questions. The website doesn't look like much but it is legit. Been around for quite awhile now. Hope this helps.

Does the school provide certification at the end of the year?

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Does the school provide certification at the end of the year?

Hi Sis,I'm glad you are here, welcome!

Please don't be discouraged if you don't get replied to right away, sometimes it takes a while for a question or comment to get noticed.

Also,  you do have the option of a 'personal message' to someone if you wish...

Again,  welcome!..

• 2 weeks later...