JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

School Shooting Coral Springs, Florida

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2066 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I received the alert too and I was just checking the news..

Bad, real bad...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/breaking-reports-active-shooter-high-school-broward-county/XId6iybntZy7WFBfjPYJTK/

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1. basic background from wikipedia:

Feb 14, at approximately 2:20 pm Eastern Time, a shooting occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida [map]. At least 20 people were reportedly injured.

reference list includes: Miami Herald, Fox, CNN, Reuters, NBC News

2. Live crowd-discussion on Reddit:

3. and live streaming ABC Newscast via Periscope (no login required on desktop/browser, but app is required on mobile):

https://www.periscope.tv/ABC/1BdxYRBLDBgKX

I'm only posting these for quick reference; please remember that we have no need as witnesses to sensationalize these events. Hopefully none of our brothers or sisters were injured and unless or until we do, let's remember to not be moved or thrown 'hither and thither' from the things that go on in Satan's system.

:encourage:

Edited by Brandon

They are having a hard time trotting out the right to own a gun defense. This was some sort of an automatic. Sick, violent world. These are KIDS that are being killed. I think some staff, too. They have the person in custody. That is not normal. They are usually crazy enough to kill themselves. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We have to accept this is the norm for the world we live in. Things are not going to get better in this system. Easy to get sucked into the politics of the world on such an emotional event. We have to look at it as an opportunity for witnessing.

Awake #6 2017 back out on my desk today.

6 hours ago, Your Brother said:

We have to accept this is the norm for the world we live in. Things are not going to get better in this system. Easy to get sucked into the politics of the world on such an emotional event. We have to look at it as an opportunity for witnessing.

Awake #6 2017 back out on my desk today.

I agree, :thumbsup:

Just caught news of this incident while looking through this forum. We live 1hr30mins away from Parkland. Such a tragedy! This world can't last much longer, can it? What else are we in for in 2018? Could this be the year!? Praying for the end of this system.

Side note: It does make me confident in my choice to homeschool.

22 hours ago, Hope said:

this is the EIGHTEENTH school shooting since 2018 began.  Eighteen shootings in seven weeks.

18 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Eighteen school shootings in the first 45 days of 2018 thats one every two and a half days!

2 hours ago, LettJW said:

What else are we in for in 2018? Could this be the year!?

Who in our territory could know about this news story and not believe we are living in the last days of the last days? There is something very wrong with this world!

2 hours ago, LettJW said:

Side note: It does make me confident in my choice to homeschool.

Good choice, sister Letti.

2 hours ago, Whitley M said:

I wish I could homeschool so badly! My daughter is in K5

Homeschooling is becoming, not an option, but a necessity! In case you didn't notice it, there is a forum on JWTalk on Homeschooling & Alternative Education. Prayerfully consider the possibility, for your daughter's sake.

I was reminded this morning from a talk by Br. Morris of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses up at headquarters.  Time is running out.  Just those 4 words put all what is happening with the violence, wars, natural disasters, no do can't do won't do attitudes and no action from any politician on the face of this earth.  The Kingdom, is man's only real solution to every sort of vile things that go on in this planet.   Yes, the time for action will be sooner then we think and to that AMEN! 

It is a very sad ‘day’ indeed when we send our children off to school & some never return home due to this repulsive violence that’s happening more & more! If this is not a sign that we are deep in the time of the end- well I don’t know what is! 

How very sad for those poor families. 

Just a side point: Ive noticed we’ve had lots & lots of articles on the resurrection lately.........timely indeed. 

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Who in our territory could know about this news story and not believe we are living in the last days of the last days? There is something very wrong with this world!

I live in Australia, and we get news reports of every mass shooting in the USA. The morning show guys start every news report with 'well, here we are again, watching this'. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia in twenty years; and I feel a great swell of pity for my brothers in the USA, who have to deal with something like happening every single day.

18 hours ago, bobby said:

A few hours ago a FOX News commentator tweeted "Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun agenda?"

a girl then responded publicly:

"A gun has killed 17 of my fellow classmates. A gun has traumatized my friends. My entire school, traumatized from this tragedy. This could have been prevented. Please [shut up] Tomi"

(she actually used a more expletive than 'shut up' which I edited out)

Apparently this girl went to the school and lost friends in this tragedy! and the tweet has gone viral.  A day of reckoning would appear to be coming to the last developed country with liberal gun ownership laws.

Isn't it great that Christians are neutral on all controversies that divide the world, for example the debate about weapons?

Politicians will all try to profit from the tragedy to promote their own agendas, and we will keep on comforting sincere people with the kingdom hope. :)

And, on the very next day - in other words, just today, in the North end of Florida -

"Three schools were on lockdown Thursday after a student was shot while walking near Parkwood Heights Elementary School..... Jacksonville, Fl"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~