JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Billy Graham has died

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2222 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

He wasn’t kind to us, as much as he understood of who we were, but is that reason enough not to gain a resurrection?

Depends on his heart condition (and mental). Did he with his actions and intents, sin against the spirit? He was very much in league with Babylon also. But none of us can really know. God judges people's deeds and hearts to see of they are worthy of resurrection. 

15 hours ago, Lance said:

Class and individuals are two different things...

Judgement and vengeance belongs entirely with Jehovah and his Son...whether class or individual. 

The danger is we may get some personal satisfaction from condemning someone to a certain judgement... but that is not our privilege or obligation to take...

Jehovah is very plain .. leave it “all” to him, our brain, heart and spirituality can not take it without negative consequences...

If it was left to me Manasseh would get more than a little of what he handed out.... glad I have been given no responsibility in anyway for that decision... :)

Wouldn't that also include ones like Hitler, Stalin and others?

But they were not clergy, the ones that were supposed to be representing God but were hippocrites, as Jesus referred to them when he condemned them..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Depends on his heart condition (and mental). Did he with his actions and intents, sin against the spirit? He was very much in league with Babylon also. But none of us can really know. God judges people's deeds and hearts to see of they are worthy of resurrection. 

Not to mention a lot of medieval rulers. They were first grade killers. I’m sure Jehovah will look for any reason in their hearts to resurrect them as well.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Makes me think of Hitler. He was a foul person to be sure and most assume he inhered everlasting death, and most likely. But part of me also wonders if he would be forgiven if we was perhaps mentally deranged. That if he was truly insane, mentally sick, if God would account his actions as "his own". 

Now that would be a shock of a resurrection I'm sure. But most psychotherapists seem to think he was fully capable and responsible for his actions. 

It's known that he was a heavy drug user, addicted to sugar and into the occult..these aren't really symptoms of insanity but choices. But after a while these things could have the effect of insanity..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I hope he is resurrected, I'd love to talk to Billy Graham a hundred years from now and see what he says...

He'd probably say, "Where am I? This doesn't look like heaven, and it's surely not hell. What happened, and where's my wife"?

As involved as he was in religious activities as a prolific preacher, during the same era that Jehovah's organization was in the forefront of preaching the Good News from house to house and on the streets including the media, as well as being persecuted here in the U.S. and Germany during WWII, not to mention many Supreme court cases that were publicized, I find it hard to believe that he might have been ignorant of our message of truth and didn't have the opportunity to accept it.

It would have called for a complete about face, humbling himself and admitting that he was wrong. I think he just loved the spotlight and celebrity his position gave him too much, to do that. To many conservative fundamentalist Christians, he was their leader, the equivalent of what the pope is to Catholics. That's heady stuff.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

3 hours ago, Dove said:

It's known that he was a heavy drug user, addicted to sugar and into the occult..these aren't really symptoms of insanity but choices. But after a while these things could have the effect of insanity..

And insane people can choose to take drugs, be addicted to sugar, and into the occult. 

Chicken and egg. 

10 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Babylon fell in 1919. 

I think you mean great tribulation 

hahaha.  I meant when the wild beast attacks the harlot or the beginning of the GT.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

The wild beast attacking the harlot starts the great tribulation 

I'll get it right soon... maybe right after happens.  hahaha :D 

On 2/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, minister159 said:

I think he just loved the spotlight and celebrity his position gave him too much, to do that.

I’m sure he thought the money was good too

Edited by Awakened

Spelling

24 minutes ago, Awakened said:

So does Romans 6:23 mean he will be resurrected?

Just as we cannot say someone won't be resurrected, we really don't have the authority to say matter of fact who will.  Both are judgements only Jehovah can determine for sure. 

As the scripture indicates, Billy Graham has paid for his sins.  He is in Jehovah's hands. Everlasting life is a gift he chooses to give to whomever he pleases. 

Edited by Shawnster

7 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

As the scripture indicates, Billy Graham has paid for his sins.  He is in Jehovah's hands. Everlasting life is a gift he chooses to give to whomever he pleases.

So this person has already paid for his sins. He doesn't "owe" anything.

If Jehovah thinks that there's something good in this person and that he could use a second chance, he will be resurrected. If Jehovah thinks there's nothing worth saving in him, he won't. None of us can decide that because none of us can search his heart.

5 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

As the scripture indicates, Billy Graham has paid for his sins.  He is in Jehovah's hands.

I understand no one is entitled to a resurrection and that it’s a gift from God. But, I’ve always had a difficult time trying to make sense of this scripture and whether it has any correlation with the resurrection hope.

19 minutes ago, Awakened said:

I understand no one is entitled to a resurrection and that it’s a gift from God. But, I’ve always had a difficult time trying to make sense of this scripture and whether it has any correlation with the resurrection hope.

Sin refers to the wrongful action. Heart refers to the motive. The wrongful action is forgiven at one's death, but resurrection depends on the motive behind those actions.

1 hour ago, Stavro said:

Sin refers to the wrongful action. Heart refers to the motive. The wrongful action is forgiven at one's death, but resurrection depends on the motive behind those actions.

hummmm.  Something to meditate on. :)  

2 minutes ago, DLM said:

`On the evening news, he remarked that he looked forward to death "because  I am going to see God face to face!"

I hope Jehovah grants his wish...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, DLM said:

`On the evening news, he remarked that he looked forward to death "because  I am going to see God face to face!"

No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him. - John 1:18

"But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.” - Exodus 33:20

Oh...

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That's a bit cold and callous, don't you think?   Man's already dead, he ain't gonna hurt anyone anymore.  

Jude 9 But when Miʹcha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.” 

59 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

That's a bit cold and callous, don't you think?   Man's already dead, he ain't gonna hurt anyone anymore.  

Jude 9 But when Miʹcha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.” 

Oh lighten up, this is starting to feel like 'pick on Richard' day.

The man said he wanted to see God face to face and I already said I hope he is resurrected.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

43 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Oh lighten up, this is starting to feel like 'pick on Richard' day.

The man said he wanted to see God face to face and I already said I hope he is resurrected.

Since no one can see God's face and live, I took your comment to be the opposite of your intention. 

I apologize. 

Between this topic and the other topic about who won't be resurrected /man of lawlessness, there are a lot of judgmental sounding comments made by members.  It's getting confusing and a little uncomfortable. 

Again, I apologize for misunderstanding 

Edited by Shawnster