Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

TV.JW - problem on Samsung TV


Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

 

would anybody help me please? We have "smart" TV (old) and we have bought blu-ray device which has web browser. We were wathing our beautiful broadcasting for a long time. Then a problems appeared but still we managed to watch our TV. Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself. The same problem has on sister from our congregation with new smart Samsung TV. Does anybody know how to fix it please? LG is not doing this problem.

 

Thank you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tomas said:

Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself.

 

This is the exact problem my sister has with her Samsung TV.  Was able to watch  everything on our websites, then the slow circle of death as nothing loads.  But there is a workaround, not a solution though.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tomas said:

Hello everybody,

 

would anybody help me please? We have "smart" TV (old) and we have bought blu-ray device which has web browser. We were wathing our beautiful broadcasting for a long time. Then a problems appeared but still we managed to watch our TV. Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself. The same problem has on sister from our congregation with new smart Samsung TV. Does anybody know how to fix it please? LG is not doing this problem.

 

Thank you very much.

 

Try this link:

 

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/35236-problem-with-websites-security-certificate/

 

I talked with a kind sister at jw.org and she said they have had numerous reports of similar problems.  They are looking into it. The workaround mentioned in the link above still works for me however now I can now set the settings in the upper settings tab to 720p.  I still have to click on 720p in the lower settings tab for each and every video to play.

 

JWB Settings 2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Thanks Rocket for that link. Yes, same for my sister.  She has to set it every time.  But at least we have some way of watching it for now.  Hopefully they will find out what the issue is.

The issue is of no going to a JB HI and buying Panasonic LOL :lol1:

Once u figure this out you’ll be fine LOL LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well....our Samsung (smart but old one) is working and me and my wife can enjoy our beautiful broadcasting. Our sister from congregation has a brand new Samsung ue40mu6172. We have tried the same method (in any possible way switching different resolutions), but still only white circle :( Does anybody have any experience with this problem please? Thank you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

 

This is the exact problem my sister has with her Samsung TV.  Was able to watch  everything on our websites, then the slow circle of death as nothing loads.  But there is a workaround, not a solution though.

 

 

 

Has anyone contacted the Branch about this?  They would appreciate the tech feedback, I'm sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tomas said:

Well....our Samsung (smart but old one) is working and me and my wife can enjoy our beautiful broadcasting. Our sister from congregation has a brand new Samsung ue40mu6172. We have tried the same method (in any possible way switching different resolutions), but still only white circle :( Does anybody have any experience with this problem please? Thank you very much.

 

Did you unplug the TV for 30 seconds?

try different settings in the top settings (720p/480p) and save but each time AFTER the play button is click on, click on 720p in the settings at the right side of the play bar. See picture above in post #9.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5. 4. 2018 at 11:30 PM, rocket said:

 

Did you unplug the TV for 30 seconds?

try different settings in the top settings (720p/480p) and save but each time AFTER the play button is click on, click on 720p in the settings at the right side of the play bar. See picture above in post #9.

 

No I did not. I will tell it to our sister. We tried all combinations. I will let you know, thank you very much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.12.4 (changelog)