JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Heart 💜 pounding

Okay first of all wonderful Assembly...

Okay, it’s 60 miles for me to travel to the Assembly city, with 4 different highways. DEER 🦌 country to say the least.

i didn’t see any on the way there while traveling from 6:30 till arriving about an hour and 10 minutes later. But a brother told me they saw a lot in the fields. 

Coming home....Yikes.

Anyway, I’m focusing on the road and I must have blinked because all of a sudden I had 2-3 deer 🦌🦌 🦌 about 10 feet from the front of my truck. 

I stood on the brakes as they were just running to cross the highway.         My heart 💜💜💜💜💜 was doing a thumpity, thumpity, thump, thump for a few miles after that. 

All i I could think is NOT before the convention I don’t want my truck out of commission!!!!   🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Anxious to find out if Ross saw any on her trip today.

Sorry for the long winded post. 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

6 minutes ago, Dove said:

We once hit and killed 2 deer..it was unavoidable..very upsetting..:(

also very dangerous..

O my goodness. And the airbags probably blew. Hopefully you guys weren’t hurt. ☹️

Thats one one reason why I’m glad Ross ❤️ is coming with me to Green Bay for the convention. I can watch the road and with her EXCELLENT far distant vision 👀 she’ll spot deer LONG before i’ll ever see them. 

That kinda sounds like our daily commute.

We see deer quite often and are always ready to hit the brakes on the two mile stretch from the intersection to our driveway.

Some times of the year are worse than others - but, you just never know.

I have hit some in my many years on the road - not a nice experience.

I am glad you both made it home safely :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 minutes ago, Loopy said:

O my goodness. And the airbags probably blew. Hopefully you guys weren’t hurt. ☹️

Thats one one reason why I’m glad Ross ❤️ is coming with me to Green Bay for the convention. I can watch the road and with her EXCELLENT far distant vision 👀 she’ll spot deer LONG before i’ll ever see them. 

Strangely, the airbags did not open and we were not injured, only shaken. But there was damage to both the headlights..we were fortunate..

To add to the story, my son called the next day and sensing I was upset, asked what was wrong. I told him that the night before we had hit and killed...at this point his thoughts raced ahead of my words as our minds often do and thought I was going to say that we had killed 2 people! He got so upset that it was me trying to calm him..I felt so sorry for him..:(

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

We sometimes see deer or wild boars when we go home late at night. Very often they appear out of the blue and there is nothing you can do about it, except going slow in that stretch of the road and be ready to press the brake at any moment. The poor silly beasts some times just stare at the headlights paralyzed by fear.

Fortunately we have never hit any of them although we've been close. I feel sorry when I can't help running over a bird or a rabbit, I think I would feel awful if I killed a deer. :nope:

I know I’ve ran over like a chipmunk once or twice. I felt awful for a long time. 

I’d cry if I hit a deer and had to call the police to dispatch it. I’d have to ask the officer if I could leave before he did.

I’d lose it. 😭😭😭😭

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I once cried after running over a frog...:(

They are a living/breathing creation of Jehovah. 😊😊😊😊

It was strange that I reacted more emotionally over the frog at the time. Maybe it was the circumstances..I was pulling into my driveway when I saw it hop into the center of the drive. I stopped and waited for it to continue hopping across to the other side but instead it just sat there. I waited, but when it didn't move I pulled ahead a few feet thinking that the movement of the car would startle it enough to go, but it didn't. There we both sat waiting for the other to make the next move. I thought that I would get it in between the car wheels and just drive over it without hurting it. Just as I started to move forward, it hopped, right under my wheel. Funny how something like this can get to you....:(

And then, there was this bumblebee...

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..