JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What news are you sick of hearing?

I get so tired of watching movies, TV series, et. where the CEO, Police Chief, department Head of hospitals, head Detective, Political positions, just Boss in general, are all women. The men in every category are subordinate to Her..so  disrespectful and irritating..

And children in other kinds of shows are so rude and disrespectful of parents..

When I think back about my own children now, they were being grounded all the time but how wonderful they were in comparison to what we see today..they never even as much as talked back to us, or said the word 'no'...

Bible prophecy and signs of the times..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

28 minutes ago, Dove said:

I get so tired of watching movies, TV series, et. where the CEO, Police Chief, department Head of hospitals, head Detective, Political positions, just Boss in general, are all women. The men in every category are subordinate to Her..so  disrespectful and irritating..

I've worked for a lot of women, it doesn't bother me to have a woman for a boss. They were smart, articulate, organized and well qualified for the job...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I've worked for a lot of women, it doesn't bother me to have a woman for a boss. They were smart, articulate, organized and well qualified for the job...

Same here.  I never mind seeing a woman in a top position.  Apart from the headship arrangement in the congregation and in the family, there is no reason that a woman cannot be in charge of any given situation or job.  Jehovah gave us brains and ability just like he gave to men.  :)  

37 minutes ago, Dove said:

And children in other kinds of shows are so rude and disrespectful of parents..

When I think back about my own children now, they were being grounded all the time but how wonderful they were in comparison to what we see today..they never even as much as talked back to us, or said the word 'no'...

Bible prophecy and signs of the times..

I agree with Tortuga and Hope, but at the same time, I do think there's a difference between realistically portraying gender parity and just showing blatant tokenism.
I mean, realistically, yeah there are women in high positions, so, no, I don't mind seeing a female boss if it fits the plot or if they don't make a big fuss over "LOOK AT THIS WOMAN BREAKING THE GLASS CEILING HERE HUH!"

29 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

In my business I often deal with managers of different areas and women are slightly better organisers in my experience. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Tortuga, Greg and Hope; I'm sorry that you seemed to totally miss the point I was making.

I don't believe women are weaker mentally. They are just as qualified than many men and even more so than some. There are mothers that are better parents than the fathers. In many walks of life women are just as qualified, intelligent and morally superior  than many men. They deserve whatever honor and credit is given them.

What I am saying is, IMO it seems to be a Point in television to put women on a higher level in Most shows . These are not real people, characters; they are actors; male actors and female actors. Among them are men and women of varying talents, skills, intelligence and ability. So the fact that the women actors, are in most cases in my own experience, to be selected to have the lead, the most prominent position on the show, authority over many men actors that may obviously be just as suitable for the role, is saying something to me.

This is just My observation and I'm sorry that it was not understood to mean what I intended..😞

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 minutes ago, Dove said:

Tortuga, Greg and Hope; I'm sorry that you seemed to totally miss the point I was making.

I don't believe women are weaker mentally.

No I did not ..:wave:

I know what you mean by TV and other examples you give. (I do expect Satan to attack headship arrangement in whatever capacity he can , undermine , sow doubts etc)

I was just simply sharing my business experience.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

57 minutes ago, Katty said:

I agree with Tortuga and Hope, but at the same time, I do think there's a difference between realistically portraying gender parity and just showing blatant tokenism.
I mean, realistically, yeah there are women in high positions, so, no, I don't mind seeing a female boss if it fits the plot or if they don't make a big fuss over "LOOK AT THIS WOMAN BREAKING THE GLASS CEILING HERE HUH!"

I agree; I'm not talking about one case or two but many, most cases. It's deliberate in my opinion to make a point. I think it's demeaning to men's authority over women as Jehovah meant, for one thing. It's upholding the beliefs of women's lib..et Everything's upside down in Satan's system..

if you agree with me that in many sitcoms children are portrayed as rude, disobedient and insolent and know more than their parents do, then that's my point..this is the way the producers of these shows want it..

Hmmm... I suppose.  But these programs are not documentaries, they're just stories, right?  How things *could* be under different circumstances?  If we wanted to see mainly men in charge of women at work or in politics, we could just watch the news, watch old movies/sitcoms or go to our jobs... :( 

I've never considered the fact that a woman may be in charge is demeaning to a man.  I also don't see women in charge in the same light as disobedient, insolent children (which I detest), but we all have our own perspectives.  :) 

Long ago and far away, I was installing metal wall systems in the first residential building, there was a sister in charge of plumbing on my floor. I marveled at the way she handled brothers in both direction and correction. "Good job brother but it has been decided all stub-outs need to be the same height. While you take this part I will get you the drawing." This was his first day, and he had jumped ahead a little, he was a CO, using his vacation time. :heart:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

I've never considered the fact that a woman may be in charge is demeaning to a man.  I also don't see women in charge in the same light as disobedient, insolent children (which I detest), but we all have our own perspectives.  :) 

I didn’t say that. You obviously didn’t understand...😶

2 hours ago, Dove said:

I agree; I'm not talking about one case or two but many, most cases. It's deliberate in my opinion to make a point. I think it's demeaning to men's authority over women as Jehovah meant, for one thing. It's upholding the beliefs of women's lib..et Everything's upside down in Satan's system..

if you agree with me that in many sitcoms children are portrayed as rude, disobedient and insolent and know more than their parents do, then that's my point..this is the way the producers of these shows want it..

The bolded is what inspired my comment.  I think I understand - I just don't believe that agreeing about insolent children is the same as agreeing about women in a supervisory position to men is demeaning to men in some way.  From the way you wrote it, it seemed to me that you were saying that your point would be understood if we equate the two.

If that's not the point you were making, then I do apologize for misunderstanding you. 💐  However, it's also not necessary for us to have the same viewpoint of women being depicted as in charge in movies and TV.  It's okay if you don't appreciate those depictions; I can respect that.  :) 

I think I understand what you are saying sister Sandra @Dove.  It seems that in EVERY show women are being depicted as the boss. It is not that it is wrong for women to be in charge, that they are less capable, less intelligent or that they don't have the right.  It's the fact that 99% of the time women are given superiority over men in these shows unless the show is set in the 50's or the 60's.

Women have just as much right to be in charge in a political, business or any other workplace situation, both in real life and on the screen.  However, it does seem that show writers/producers do have instructions to write women into a senior position in most shows these days.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

4 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I think I understand what you are saying sister Sandra @Dove.  It seems that in EVERY show women are being depicted as the boss. It is not that it is wrong for women to be in charge, that they are less capable, less intelligent or that they don't have the right.  It's the fact that 99% of the time women are given superiority over men in these shows unless the show is set in the 50's or the 60's.

Women have just as much right to be in charge in a political, business or any other workplace situation, both in real life and on the screen.  However, it does seem that show writers/producers do have instructions to write women into a senior position in most shows these days.

Next Doctor Who ...is a women :scared:.....:whistling:.....:shutup:

Edited by Gregexplore

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I used to love it when I would be runnin a crew and the Union Hall would send us a lady mechanic/weldor. I knew the uphill fight she was facing,  and how she would get zero support from the other guys.

I tried the best I could to help them succeed..

I had one guy complain that he was always doing cutting edges (a tough job, I did it all the time, I rotated him and the other guys to work with me) he thought that she should be doing some of the hard stuff.

I told him that I made that call, she was a far better welder than he was and that he could shut up or drag up, his call. He quit, right then. I spent the next 12 hrs doing cutting edges....

I always told my daughters that they could do anything boys could do, and usually better, and, make babies.

As for news that I'm tired of hearing,  Miss Bea said it. 

Anything that comes from this wicked system makes me sick to heart. We just heard tonight about that 6 yr old boy that was found in a river, they think his dad killed him. That's when I turned the TV off and came in here to read and catchup with my Brothers and Sisters. 

Have I ever told y'all how much I love this place? ...lol.

9 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Next Doctor Who ...is a women :scared:.....:whistling:.....:shutup:

I don't see where that is a particular problem  :shrug:   It's a fantasy show and women can be doctors, right?

No correlation to God being a woman, tho 😐

14 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I think that is nifty :) 

16 hours ago, Hope said:

The bolded is what inspired my comment.  I think I understand - I just don't believe that agreeing about insolent children is the same as agreeing about women in a supervisory position to men is demeaning to men in some way.  From the way you wrote it, it seemed to me that you were saying that your point would be understood if we equate the two.

I agree that the comparison could have been confusing..not comparing deliquent children to women in charge, as the same. It's just another one of the things I get tired of seeing. It's deliberate that the producers promote these ideas for their own agenda, either for comedy or attracting an audience that feels and acts the same way. But I think it just desensitizes people's/children's minds and encourages the same conduct in real life.

Both situations are demeaning in some way but it's what the public apparently wants or the shows wouldn't be so popular..hard to tell which came first.

But in Satan's world what's good is bad and what's bad is good..and bad is going to continue irregardless of what I'm tired of seeing..sorry for the confusion..😊

May I add my two cents for what its worth...

This subject is currently a raging debate in a corner of the internet.  It has spawned groups of men who for all practical purposes hate women and sit and wait for issues like 'a woman Doctor Who' to fuel their rage.  They are just a chip off of those who hate diversity or political correctness.  The world is wrestling with issues of injustice that have been sustained or tolerated for centuries and believe me they do not know the way out.  Think about it: if you were an only child, you had the back seat of the car all to yourself, but now when little brother comes along and you have to share, sharing can feel like oppression, because now you have to stay on your side. The world does not know how to resolve these issues because they do not have love for God nor for humanity (their neighbor).  We on the other hand must be careful about these debates which reach our ears and may even settle in our hearts.  They are meant to divide people.  It will get so bad that neighbor will kill neighbor.  We mustn't let Satan get even a toehold into our minds.  We know what the answer is because we learned it from Jehovah.  Love him with all our mind, heart, soul, strength and our neighbor as ourselves.

Love, not diversity, political correctness, black lives matter, me too, and any phase you want to add, is the answer..  When we love Jehovah and love and respect people as Jesus did those phrases are never needed. They won't exist in the new world.  However, we must, must, empathize with those who see a need to identify with such phrases in this old wicked world.

The prophecy of Isa 42:3 foretold Jesus’ compassion; he would never extinguish the last spark of hope in humble and downtrodden people. (Study Notes from Matt 12).  Ask a African-american or minority in any country.  Do you really believe you will ever actually enjoy the freedom of equality? Do you believe that you are equal in God's eyes?  Then tell them enthusiastically about the Kingdom.

And about women, downtrodden since Gen 3:16.  How Jehovah has taught us to view our dear mothers, sisters, daughters and wives.  It is so important to him that a man's prayers could be rejected.  No where in the Bible do we read that a woman is inferior. How sad that many feel that way. Any man who stifles the abilities of his wife (maybe due to his own ego) is hurting his own family.  Look at the resume of the cable wife, she could be a CEO.  So could my wife, I know she is more intelligent than I am and she has benefited our family for over 30 years, I could not make it without her.  When I was at Bethel, they used sisters to operate mowers and even heavy equipment because they were easier on the equipment, less repair, more savings.

Now I know no one was talking about women being inferior, but can you imagine how the new world will feel when everyone, i mean everyone is allowed to reach their unhindered full potential (I get goose bumps thinking about this).

Let the world argue themselves to distraction.  The end is near, we must be cautious as serpents, yet innocent as doves.

Edited by jake3328

3 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Anything and everything about President Trump. 

Oh I'm not even trying to be disrespectful, but really? 

According to Hoyle, you can trump trump, but I find it hard to believe. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

50 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Anything and everything about President Trump, directly or indirectly. 

Oh I'm not even trying to be disrespectful (Rom. 13:1), but really? 

This morning at the meeting for service  the conductor pointed out that the news barely talks about disasters, it's too focused on politics instead. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D