JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I have an iPad question I hope you can help me with.  I wiped out my tablet yesterday and restored it from iCloud.  All is good except JW Library only partially uploaded. I realize I have to re download all my publications etc but there are only a few available, 10% of library.  I uninstalled app and reinstalled, same thing.  Only four books, a few brochures, no meeting workbooks or convention release options.  It says “No new publications available at this time”.  Any idea how I can fix it?

You need to clean out your cashe in the app in settings, then delete the program, and then install it again. I think that will help. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I do not know if this is related, but I was having a problem not seeing downloads that were available on my wife's devices (identical to mine).  So I deleted one of the items (a book or something).  Then I re-installed it.  that worked OK.  When I rebooted to see if it was still there, then the other missing items showed up as available for download.  It seemed that the deleting and re-installing sort of "woke up" the process.  Just saying...it worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, Grammaz said:

I have an iPad question I hope you can help me with.  I wiped out my tablet yesterday and restored it from iCloud.  All is good except JW Library only partially uploaded. I realize I have to re download all my publications etc but there are only a few available, 10% of library.  I uninstalled app and reinstalled, same thing.  Only four books, a few brochures, no meeting workbooks or convention release options.  It says “No new publications available at this time”.  Any idea how I can fix it?

I have the same problem. I have bought ipad air 2 for my old friend. Everything is working but JW library. I can see only daily text, Bible, books and videos for ministry. I am not able to sync it - the move down on home display doesnt work, no date of actualization is there. I hope it will work :( 

I had to wipe my wife's tablet this week and flash new firmware to it, the OS had gotten corrupt for some unknown reason. When I did a fresh install of JWL, I ran into this same issue. Just a few books were showing as available for downloading. I rebooted the tablet and nothing changed. So I waited a few hours and tried again and this time all the publications started to show up. Slowly, but it wasn't long until everything was available and downloading fine. I'm thinking the Branch's servers just get overloaded at certain times of the day. But, that's just my opinion.

I also had to wipe my tablet. It seems that, no matter how hard I try, I am always getting finger smudges on the screen. It does not take all that long for those smudges to become visible and a distracting unless I look at the tablet "straight on". At times, even though I cannot see the smudges directly, they make the screen a little "fuzzy" until I wipe my tablet.

I have to wipe my phone a little more often than I do my tablet :shrugs:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~