JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

all things star trek

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, bobby said:

I told my wife about this event and she walked away mumbling something about '1 Corinthians13:11.' 

Sounds like I won't be in attending.   :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been a Trekkie since TOS premiered ... that said. I think I will pass on this replica

db-proto-03.jpg

If you want to add Factory Entertainment’s Star Trek: The Next Generation “dustbuster” phaser replica to your personal armory, you can preorder today at a factory-discounted price of $499 note however this introductory price ends February 15, when it will increase to $549.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

22 hours ago, Qapla said:

I've been a Trekkie since TOS premiered ... that said. I think I will pass on this replica

db-proto-03.jpg

If you want to add Factory Entertainment’s Star Trek: The Next Generation “dustbuster” phaser replica to your personal armory, you can preorder today at a factory-discounted price of $499 note however this introductory price ends February 15, when it will increase to $549.

Set your phasers to "Suck"

23 hours ago, Qapla said:

I need to open movie memorabilia factory, looks like I could work less, and make millions   LOL 🤣

Donald Duck Money GIF

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 1/26/2020 at 5:16 AM, Dages said:

So, I'm not a trekkie at all (never watched anything beside the recent movie) and I started the Star Trek Picard tvshow (watching it right now).

What do you trekkie think about this show?

image.thumb.png.aa2abf54d8f2e88668707efcbcd83541.png

I liked it, but it was not "true" Star Trek.  There was too much action and not enough exploration and/or deep thought-provoking situations.  There were a few things that felt out of place, but upon watching YouTube on Easter eggs & connections, they really did their research on past Trek & the comics.  So it was very well put together...you just have to be a super-Trek fan to catch all the subtle nods to past Trek & extended lore.

Personally, I like "Strange New Worlds" way better.  Now that is the closest you can get to the original vibe of Star Trek in our modern age of entertainment.  :thumbsup:

On 2/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, Qapla said:

db-proto-03.jpg

Picard: La Forge! Why does this phaser makes this weird noise and suck air when I hit the fire button?

La Forge: Captain, it is the new Dusterbuster that we use to clean up any residue in engineering, but disguised as a phaser.

Picard: Well, that really sucks if you need it to be a phaser and you accidentally picked this up contraption up instead.

Scotty: Don't knock the Dusterbuster captain. Remember, I got sucked onto a Dyson sphere and I was there for 75 years going around and around in circles in the buffer!

Edited by Pabo

On 1/26/2020 at 12:16 PM, Dages said:

So, I'm not a trekkie at all (never watched anything beside the recent movie) and I started the Star Trek Picard tvshow (watching it right now).

What do you trekkie think about this show?

image.thumb.png.aa2abf54d8f2e88668707efcbcd83541.png

Much Better that ST Discovery. Probably not so good as Strange New Worlds. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

9 hours ago, Pabo said:

I got sucked onto a Dyson sphere and I was there for 75 years going around and around in circles in the buffer!

image.thumb.png.752d67f41cdd4631e4c01fec3a653a2d.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 2/10/2023 at 3:19 AM, Qapla said:

image.thumb.png.752d67f41cdd4631e4c01fec3a653a2d.png

That ship was named after Jenolan Caves by its writer after a trip to Australia, and the other crew member who was also in the transporter buffer was named "Rager" after the script writer was being called a "rager" (Aussie slang for one who parties hard) at a party that they attended to.

I have been to Jenolan Caves plenty of times over the years before I was married and stayed at the historic Jenolan Caves House with my wife on a belated honeymoon after 3 years after we did get married (she never had been to the Blue Mountains).

Me and two other brothers put dibs on claiming Jenolan Caves as our homes.

Edited by Pabo

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favorites was "Assignment: Earth".  I saw potential there.  I later found out that it was supposed to be a pilot for a new series.  But Star Trek was being canceled so the series never got started.  Obviously, there was no intelligent life in charge of scheduling.

My favorite movie was Star Trek 4.  I thought it was hilarious.

Edited by Witness1970

Added line about movie.

• 1 month later...