JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

all things star trek

16 hours ago, bobby said:

I never gave Picard a go due to " a lot of violence" that is apparently happening. 

Is Picard Tv series really violent? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 4/13/2023 at 3:06 AM, New World Explorer said:

I never gave Picard a go due to " a lot of violence" that is apparently happening. 

It starts out a bit that way, but I wouldn't say it's any more than the latest movies with the Kelvin timeline. 

As far as disturbing stuff, there's only 1 scene with an eye getting extracted from it's socket. 🙄 Beyond that it's PG-13 material.

And then yes in the final season there's a bit more again. But it's not the focus, it's just something that happens and then we move on. 

Way better in story & quality than the latest movies. 

Edited by computerwiz

3 hours ago, bobby said:

cool 

20230413_105840.jpg

I think is too late to prevent it but thanks for the warning. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, New World Explorer said:

I’m not sure about what really violent means but there are phaser fires and Klingon style hand to hand combat which I skip (+10/20/30/etc seconds). It’s definitely non as violent as a lot of other sf movies I tried watching and couldn’t

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Star Trek canon ends for me with ST:IV. I hate what they did to Sarek in TNG, and could never get into that series or most of the others. “Discovery” is one long lecture. I can’t believe that the Great Bird of the Galaxy would be happy with the way everything has gone. TOS was about people and relationships - friendships- most of all. It became increasingly dark, and the morals and culture of Vulcans aren’t any better than that of humans now. <sigh>

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

On 4/13/2023 at 4:06 AM, New World Explorer said:

I watched a little of the first episode.  I didn't find it very interesting, so I never watched it anymore.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bobby said:

Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan was released on this day in 1982

I heard that the captains chair in Khans ship had rich Corinthian leather...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 months later...