JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

all things star trek

18 minutes ago, Musky said:

I have always liked Harlan Ellison's writing

Goodbye Harlan. says the Tick-tock man....:(

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You guys make me wanna watch TNG. It was on when I was a kid, but I didn't get that much into it. I did like the TNG movies tho. Loved, Generations, and I kinda liked Nemesis. I liked the relationships the characters built among each other.

As far as my favorite Star Trek TOG episode? Which one was the one about the energy entity that the crew thought was this powerful being, but it turned out he was a mere child, and in the end, he was scolded by his parents?

I also liked the ep where Spock experienced Pon Farr. I really liked how it really tested the friendship between Kirk and Spock, and in the end Spock felt so grieved that he thought he killed his best friend, he actually makes a sudden outburst of emotion when he sees him.

Also, what's not to love about this?

Just some fine acting, costume and special effects there! :thumbsup:

Edited by Katty

I just started watching Star Trek Voyager ( the first time since it was on television) . The pilot episode introduces the OCampa ( spelling doubtful) and their “ Caretaker “ an advanced species which is doing its level best to care for the OCampa. I am reminded now why Jehovah’s people tend to be fans of this franchise. It is generally optimistic and yet also occasionally turns our thoughts back toward our relationship with Jehovah.  I realize that The Q tend to be far underpowered compared to Jehovah and yet have persistent interactions with humanity with an apparent view toward advancing humanity. While the caretaker in the STV pilot episode seems even less advanced than the Q and while deeply concerned  for the OCampa the Caretaker tends to prevent their development by providing too much for them.  

These beings and their fictional interactions I find useful in my rumination about Jehovah’s interactions with humanity ( as loving and tenderly concerned as The Caretaker But with a manifest desire to have humanity advance toward our originally intended Next level of culture and function similar to the Q. 

• 1 month later...

https://alpha-quadrant.com/products/star-trek-bathrobe

Boldly going where no man has gone before is even easier in a Star Trek robe..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

https://alpha-quadrant.com/products/star-trek-bathrobe

Boldly going where no man has gone before is even easier in a Star Trek robe..

They're all the rage on Vulcan. ^_^

Robe.jpg.1388e4dad2352fe185361a65414e4abf.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's funny how the other day I was thinking "hmmm maybe some Star Trek" and the episode I went on so happened to be "Spock's Brain", so a couple days later a friend of mine invited me over to come swim and we were chatting about Star Trek...as one does... and she was talking about how, she too, saw "Spock's Brain" the other day and how the exaggerated acting style of Shatner proved true in this episode; she said other people would ask: they really acted like that in Star Trek, XD XD XD? Still a great ep tho

Edited by Katty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-video-explores-why-the-star-trek-movies-enterprise-1830804665/amp?fbclid=IwAR2uJ9Jvj2RNBEvplMb5LFGTpw3JlLZDi_D_WuHwvWqJhDrTEbFV2z5G_bo

I usually don’t give a lot of thought to ship designs in science fiction movies. My general assumption is that they exist to look cool, with function considered as a secondary problem if at all.