JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US stuns WHO by opposing breast feeding

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2109 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What could be more natural than feeding your baby as Jehovah intended? I know it isn’t possible at times, but we all know that if possible, that is the best way to feed your baby. 

According to to this article https://www.sbs.com.au/news/us-stuns-world-health-officials-by-opposing-breastfeeding

the US feels corporate interest come first. 

It threatened weaker nations who were sponsoring the UN resolution on the benefits of breastfeeding. Eventually the resolution passed with Russian backing. 

“The confrontation was the latest example of the Trump administration siding with corporate interests on numerous public health and environmental issues....

It's making everyone very nervous, because if you can't agree on health multilateralism, what kind of multilateralism can you agree on?"

I’m past it. Bottom line. Selling milk formula for babies. If they could charge you for nursing your baby, they would. I am past it. I try to pay as much attention as I should, then, exit, stage left. 

It is crazy making. This is the most elementary need as a human baby, and they want money, instead. I try not to give it much thought. Satan has finally gotten his nose where he wants it. Everywhere. Beyond human decency. We just need to keep our wits and remember a mass murderer is in charge, and, we are not playing the game!!! By those standards, anyway. That why he hates us. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

In an effort to remain contemplativly neutral. I would love to read both the original and amended draft of the indicated resolution. Does anyone know were to find them? I am quite aware that while breastfeeding is by far superior some mothers just cannot do so. If something in the resolution actually causes governments to prevent formula from being available to those mothers who cannot breastfeed for whatever reason then this is just another political football. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

That is pretty sick. What else are they going to attack? 

I think they have pretty well covered the basics. On how low can they go? Abortions. Not much uglier. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

19 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I try to pay as much attention as I should, then, exit, stage left. 

It is crazy making.

You and me both! I am so over it that I don't have the words to express how much over it I am. Beyond disgusted? Whatever it is, I can't tolerate much of the news these days. I scan the headlines sometimes, often just skipping that and scanning the news section here. If something is really important, someone will post it. 

But what do they mean by "discouraging breastfeeding"? I seriously don't think a cop is gonna go to a woman breastfeeding, if she's wearing a modest garment and try to fine or arrest her.
Are we talking about government backed misinformation or...?
I don't think the government has the right to ban breast feeding. I could be wrong there, but it seems too outrageous for any politician to attempt.

Edited by Katty