JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Plane Stolen from Seattle Airport

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2083 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Heavy.comNews

Passengers Report Stolen SeaTac Plane, Grounded Flights

Got a scanner alert that something was going on at the Seattle Airport.

Hope people don't get hurt.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I got the alert too and was reading the news report.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Whatever is going on, it is still unresolved because some west bound  flights are still grounded and Arab and Bangor flights are not being allowed to take off at all, no matter what direction they may be headed in.  

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Watching events continue to unfold on CBSN Live.  

The island the plane crashed into is now on fire and fire apparatus had to be hauled to the site by ferries.

The thief was an Alaska's Horizon Airways employee.

Apparent suicide.:(

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

He did a barrel roll, kinda sloppily but he did it...

It was kind of heartbreaking to listen to, there are videos and recordings of audio of him and Air Control talking.

He was someone else that really needed the Kingdom promise in his life.

It's too bad that he didn't feel there was any other way out of his situation but to fly it into the ground..

I don’t understand how he was able to take a large plane without being challenged. 🙁

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

10 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I don’t understand how he was able to take a large plane without being challenged. 🙁

I assume a spike strip didn't work....:crying:

It's a sad situation. It appears he married in 2010 but the news reports haven't said anything about his wife..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I don’t understand how he was able to take a large plane without being challenged.

He worked for the airline that he stole the aircraft from.

Once he got it running there wasn't any good way to stop him...

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

appears he married in 2010 but the news reports haven't said anything about his wife..

The family made some kind of statement today.

I watched the MotoGP race on YouTube and, afterwards, saw that they had released something.  I didn't watch it. ..

44 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

He worked as a plane mechanic for that company. He probably came inside the plane to check or fix something.

4 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Having work at an International Airport for 5 years during the construction of a new concourse I noticed that everyone of the ground crew looked the same. This guy worked "baggage" but was also "tow certified", so it would not raise an eyebrow to see him towing a plane to put it in service. The jobs are very fast paced and hard to keep up with anyone. At times it looks like a bee hive. It really doesn't surprise me that some one could do this. I remember in the days after 9/11 walking down a row of Alaska plane with their baggage doors open and thinking how easy it would be for a disgruntled ground crew member to toss grenades in one plane after another before being stopped. No one ever ask me what I was doing and I was free to look at or touch any plane on the tarmac.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

4 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Part of his job was moving airplanes. There are many reasons why a plane might be moving in the mainence area that doesn't require ground control. Time from starting to move to when the tower knew they had a problem was very short and that lightly loaded plane like that could get airborn in 60 seconds from aplication of full throttles.

How would you stop an airplane that might have a legitiment reason to be taxing but lost radio contact?

Don't stick your hand in a propeller, it won't work. Dammage it in any non-life saving action and you would get a bill from Alaska Airlines. The F-16s could have shot it down, but it did not demonstrate a distinct danger to populated areas. Had theAirforce  Reserve shot it down they  would be buying Alaska a new airplane since there was no 'clear and present danger' to the public. It all ended well.

Maybe he was just jealous of the Barefoot Bandit, another local phenomena.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.