JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's with all the tattoo's...?!

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Image result for the illustrated man

I remember when you had to go to a circus to see that much body ink...

But the  Illustrated Man had moving picture tatoos and the last tatoo was ominous. This is first Ray Bradbury book I read. It hooked me on his other books. Some of the best hour tv shows were written by Ray Bradbury.

Back to the Topic. Like Tekmantoo, I have seen tatoos that were works of art, but to wear one piece of art your whole life seems extreme. 

I do appreciate well done Henna Tatoos. Though most of them appear to be for the Husband's eyes only. Most of the patterns spring from Muslim artwork.  See https://www.earthhenna.com/about/earth-henna-faqs/

Image result for henna tattoos images

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That's a slippery slope sometimes isn't it...

Yes, it can be.

It depends on the subject and how it's executed...

Using my air rifles as an example, I am really impressed with people that can shoot targets at 100yards and the cluster of pellet holes can actually be called a 'group'...Me?..I would be happy to hit within a foot of what I was shooting at. 

I certainly would not be impressed,  or even show interest, in anything corrupt or immoral, no matter how well it's done. ..

I heard about a guy that had a sudoku puzzle tattooed on his chest so women would look at him when he went to the beach...

:eek: :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm a Diabetic and very soon they are bringing out a small tattoo that will change colour to tell you when your blood sugars are low... it will save trying to get blood out of your finger. 

Today I experienced another hypo... so I'm seriously interested in getting this tattoo.. it will also help paramedics to diagnose you quickly. 

It's something to think about and consider. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

1 minute ago, anniebea said:

I'm a Diabetic and very soon they are bringing out a small tattoo that will change colour to tell you when your blood sugars are low... it will save trying to get blood out of your finger. 

Today I experienced another hypo... so I'm seriously interested in getting this tattoo.. it will also help paramedics to diagnose you quickly. 

Interesting.

35 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Yes, that's a completely different situation. Besides, I guess that tattoo can be put in some discreet place where it doesn't attract attention. :)

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Yes, that's a completely different situation. Besides, I guess that tattoo can be put in some discreet place where it doesn't attract attention. :)

Yes it would have to be discreet and yet readily seen for paramedics... maybe the inside of a wrist? 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

10 hours ago, Old said:

You did mean to say 'tats', correct. :lol1:

yes, and at lest I didn't say tramp-stamp, which many of my students have had, and I did see a pic of a grandmother in Maine with a lower back tattoo. creepy

2 hours ago, anniebea said:

Edited by kejedo

10 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Yes it would have to be discreet and yet readily seen for paramedics... maybe the inside of a wrist? 

Image result for qr code tattoo

Kill two birds with one stone and have a QR code linked to your medical records...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, carlos said:

I once bought an ink stamping thing:

30680474-9269-44F4-BF1A-855D5BDBD6EE.jpeg.7a89adeb81a0cabca003d1a4d1b7709b.jpeg

The idea being to stamp “Jehovah’s Witness, NO BLOOD” on my upper arms. (Can’t remember why I thought I wouldn’t have my blood doc with me.)

Our young daughter thought it a great idea and stamped multiple copies all over her arms and went to a party!

It got a couple of “That’s a good idea!” comments anyway.

(I wondered if I might ironically die of blood poisoning from the ink. 😮 )

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

My brother had to get a couple tattoos - but, you will never see them.

They are markers for the medical treatment he had that the machine needed to track correctly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

22 minutes ago, Qapla said:

They are markers for the medical treatment he had that the machine needed to track correctly.

Yeah,  I had to get those too--

3 tiny little spots, like if you poked yourself with an ink pen....

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

There are a number or medical markers referred to as tattoos. Not all are made using ink, and have a very different  purpose than those mentioned in the Bible at Leviticus 19. These are  referred to as disfigurement in the IT book. 

On 8/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, Cheeks said:

And also, what are these things going to look like in 5 years?  15 years? :?

(td)

I allowed my husband to persuade me to get a very small red rose bud tattoo over my left breast after we were married 10 years.  This was totally unlike anything I would do.  Hence the discreet placement of it. After almost 36 years of marriage and 26 years of this ‘secret ever so small rose bud🌹 I am now the owner of a long stem rose!’  See what knowing Jehovah earlier on could have avoided? 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

17 hours ago, anniebea said:

There are quite a number of medical procedures that utilize tatoos for monitering growth an other diagnostic information. This has to be good news for you. Have you given any thought as to how long that tatoo will survive in the new system? Send me a PM when it is gone.:D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

This is one of those things that when you apply everlasting life to it makes a significant change. If it WAs a Memorial tattoo ( dead loved one ) to begin with it will be meaningless when that person is reunited with their formerly deceased. And imagine that the artwork ( no matter how beautiful) is to be born FOR-EV-ER ( spoken as in the Sandlot). 

• 2 weeks later...

I just read about a man named Alex Lewis, UK, who caught a cold a few years ago and it resulted in Strep A, which infiltrated his body. He lost all four limbs and parts of his face. He was fitted with prosthetic lips, but his son was afraid to kiss him. I read that there was a plan to tattoo over his lip prosthesis for a more realistic appearance.  Hope it works.

3 hours ago, kejedo said:

I just read about a man named Alex Lewis, UK, who caught a cold a few years ago and it resulted in Strep A, which infiltrated his body. He lost all four limbs and parts of his face. He was fitted with prosthetic lips, but his son was afraid to kiss him. I read that there was a plan to tattoo over his lip prosthesis for a more realistic appearance.  Hope it works.

Soure please, I am already upset, perhaps vomiting may help. :wacko:

On 8/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, Tortuga said:

That's very interesting.  So it's another way to change or cover Jehovah's creation. 

On 8/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, Pjdriver said:

When someone ask me why I don’t have tattoos...I tell them: “you don’t put bumper stickers on a Ferrari.” :lol1:

I don't agree those are good arguments against the tatoos... Otherwise the same could be said about makeup or painting the hair