JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who applied for Special/International conventions this year?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1905 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:45 AM, DarinS said:

so we finally booked them

the $1400-1600 had me scared tho

managed to get some for under $1000

my wife was worried about the long layovers....'then i reminded her 14 hrs in Barcelona....means we go visit Barcelona for the day 

and 12 hrs in London on the return flight

a sister @ Disaster Relief in Gulf Coast had just booked theirs for even less....but they have to drive to NY for the discounted flight

seems like OHIO was also $1600

thanx for all your suggestions

Much love

Well done Darin, now you plan your activities accordingly. Remember to share some of your blessings and wonderful experiences with us. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 11/27/2018 at 7:45 PM, DarinS said:

so we finally booked them

the $1400-1600 had me scared tho

managed to get some for under $1000

my wife was worried about the long layovers....'then i reminded her 14 hrs in Barcelona....means we go visit Barcelona for the day 

and 12 hrs in London on the return flight

a sister @ Disaster Relief in Gulf Coast had just booked theirs for even less....but they have to drive to NY for the discounted flight

seems like OHIO was also $1600

thanx for all your suggestions

Much love

12 hours in London, no problem. I love London, its one of my favorite places. If you are going to be there during day time hours you can easily catch the underground (subway) into the city and go sightseeing.  I am kind of jealous. My layover is in Boston and I only have about 30 minutes to catch my connecting flight to Lisbon. That should be fun!

We were able to book our round trip flights from New York to Paris for $580 each.  That was WAY better than I expected.  We have saved up airline miles on our credit card, so our flight from Albuquerque to New York and back won't cost us anything.  

So thrilled that our itinerary is completely booked and set!  Now it's time to cut down on eating out.  :bored:

6 hours ago, LRJW said:

We were able to book our round trip flights from New York to Paris for $580 each.  That was WAY better than I expected.  We have saved up airline miles on our credit card, so our flight from Albuquerque to New York and back won't cost us anything.  

So thrilled that our itinerary is completely booked and set!  Now it's time to cut down on eating out.  :bored:

May I ask which airline are you using? Even though we didn't get picked we are still holding out hope that we will get to Paris in 2019. 

On 12/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, GriffTiff said:

May I ask which airline are you using? Even though we didn't get picked we are still holding out hope that we will get to Paris in 2019. 

Yes, we are flying via Virgin Atlantic.  It was the cheapest option.  We've never flown with them before, and it will be a long flight with a layover in Manchester, England, but most of it will be over night. 

Hopefully, if there are cancellations, spots will open up for Paris or other conventions! 

1 hour ago, LRJW said:

Yes, we are flying via Virgin Atlantic.  It was the cheapest option.  We've never flown with them before, and it will be a long flight with a layover in Manchester, England, but most of it will be over night. 

Virgin Atlantic is not bad....used them twice ...London - New York in 2013 and 2018....

Enjoy your Trip...

Going to Toronto. Hopefully by Via Rail or bus right to the EX. It is being worked on.

Had a video about it at our meeting.

35 Ontario congregations assigned. 5000 Int visitors.

Main building of 3 holds 35,000.

May even be able to pre-order a meal. It is being worked on.

:ecstatic::bouncing:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Congrats, Dove. See you in Atlanta? :)

Before and after the IC we plan to stay a few days in New York, and we plan to visit the Grand Canyon too. Does anyone know if there are brothers that rent apartments via airbnb? 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dane said:

I applied for Manila international convention and I was very happy that I've been selected to be a delegate of Italy. I waited the confirmation for more than three months. ^_^

I think there are only 3k+ pick, be glad :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

1 hour ago, Dane said:

I am. Haha! I heard that almost 5,000 delegates from 23 countries is expecting to attend. We are all very excited here. 😀

A friend of my son's got picked for Manila too, so you will a some California boys there.

5 hours ago, Ruecatt said:

A friend of my son's got picked for Manila too, so you will a some California boys there.

Really? I hope I can meet them. I didn't book a hotel yet because I'm still looking for a roommate. I don't know any brothers in my circuit nor in other cities who will attend the Manila international convention. All hotel rooms in the hospitality committee's list is good for two guests. I hope I could find one as soon as possible to save money. 😭

On 10/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, LRJW said:

We applied for Paris, Ecuador, and Athens.  Every time I get a ding on my phone saying I got an email, I always have convention pop up in my brain.  If I think about the wait too long I'm in agony!!

Good thing is that we've never been to an international convention before, and I heard priority is given to ones who are applying for the first time. . . .

I did the same thing. Everytime my email notifies, I was saying "Please, its an email that I've been selected". Three months I was doing that way. Hahaha! Then January 5, the long wait paid off. I've got email that I've been selected. This is my first international convention. I hope you got selected too.

13 hours ago, Dane said:

I did the same thing. Everytime my email notifies, I was saying "Please, its an email that I've been selected". Three months I was doing that way. Hahaha! Then January 5, the long wait paid off. I've got email that I've been selected. This is my first international convention. I hope you got selected too.

We did! Paris!

How about you?

Edit - I see, Manila! Congrats!!

Edited by LRJW