JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mosquitos, stingers, claws, sharp teeth

Hi, new here.  Im not sure if this is the right place for this....

I have a bad mosquito problem where i live.  I spray nasty chemicals bc they are so unbearable.  I literally breathe mosquitos!

A bro was over here the other day and we were complaining about the pests.  He said an old brother told him years ago that mosquitos were created by Satan.  I told him i didn't believe that and he said he didn't really either but he did bring up the magic practicing priests turning the rods into snakes, and satan had the power to do that.  I guess thats not the same as creating something new though.  But i started thinking about it for a few days.  I guess mosquitos are just one of the pests we are stuck w as imperfect people, environment, etc.  Maybe Mosquitos aren't doing what they were originally designed for.

But then what about other animal designs like sharp claws, huge razor teeth, and other animal weapons that seem to be designed for ripping flesh, chewing meat, etc?  Bear teeth & claws, lion teeth & claws, raptor talons & beaks, alligators .... or bee stingers, snake & spider venom.  an endless list of animals w deadly weapons or defenses.  I know Isa 65 says wolf and lamb will feed together. So why does the wolf have such big bad teeth?  (The better to eat you with my dear!)

Its silly i know.  Just trying to make a first post:)

Hellooooo welcome!!! 

I've heard if your diet is rich in Vit B range it repels mossies, also there are plants  you can put around your house that repels them could be worth some research - they are determined little things aren't they?

I hope you really enjoy being here Lovely to meet you.

Might just move this to another forum.

Have a great night!!

This is a NZ Weta!!! Will help you forget the mossies - at least for a bit haha.

images-1 (2).jpg

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Here you go - it's a list of seven plants.

https://www.gardendesign.com/plants/mosquito-repellent.html

List of foods that could be incorporated in your diet.

http://www.mosquitomagnet.com/articles/mosquito-repellent-foods

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The female mosquito is the most dangerous animal in the world. Every year, her bite spreads diseases and parasites that kill almost one million people and cause debilitating illnesses in hundreds of millions more.

But not all mosquitoes are responsible for this suffering. There are around 3,500 different species of mosquito, and only a few hundred of these can transmit disease. Among the most dangerous is Aedes aegypti.

Very interesting article link: https://www.oxitec.com/friendly-mosquitoes/

mosquito-cartoon.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Actually, Dilip, you are correct - the male mosquito does not bite ... in fact, the male mosquito does not have the jaw equipment for biting animals. Then again, mosquitos don't really "bite" as much as "poke a hole".

While both male and female mosquitoes feed on plant and fruit nectar, the female needs the blood to help with her eggs.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~