JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fear: Trump in the white house

trottigy

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Per Wikipedia:

The book details aides of Trump as they try to deal with Trump's behavior. According to the book, aides took papers off of his desk to prevent him from signing them. White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly referred to Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged", while Secretary of Defense James Mattis said Trump has the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader," and John M. Dowd, formerly Trump's personal lawyer, called him "a f***ing liar" telling Trump he would wear an "orange jump suit" if he agreed to testify to Robert Mueller in the Special Counsel investigation.
According to the book, Trump has called Jeff Sessions, his attorney general, "mentally retarded" and described him as a "dumb southerner".Trump has denied ever using "these terms on anyone", although earlier tape recordings contradict this assertion.
CNN's editor-at-large Chris Cillizza described Fear telling a similar story compared to mainstream media reporting and other 2018 books—journalist Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury and former Trump aide Omarosa Manigault Newman's Unhinged—that the Trump administration has a "chaotic, dysfunctional, ill-prepared White House" led by Trump, "a man hopelessly out of his depth in the job, but entirely incapable of understanding how desperately out of depth he actually is".

So?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

PEASE DO NOT READ THIS BOOk! It will rot your Mind. It is known to cause psoriasis. Some might experience heartburn.

I am curious on one thing, of those that say they will not read it, are there any books, not by our organization, that you have read in the last six months? Just curious.

YES, read couple of books.

I love reading.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Sorry mucked up my post - most unusual lol.

Old : I've only read Patterns of Evidence - Exodus and the books written by the brothers about the New System and the GT

I have watched the Lorax though! That is meant to have had some social issues tied in with it -but I won't read the book on the White house - not my thing.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

If your Trained Christian Conscience lets you read it, that is between Jehovah and You. No one is master of your faith and has the right to tell you anything different. (Did that come out the way I want? I am not encouraging independent thinking away from Jehovah and his organization.)

I think staying abreast of World conditions has some value. It is easy to get caught up in "This Side" or "That Side". That is where neutrality comes into play.

Every election comes around it is hard for me to be completely neutral. I have opinions as to which side will be the best to accomplish Jehovah's will. Then I have to remind myself that Jehovah doesn't need "This Side" or "That Side" to accomplish his will. I just pray that whatever Jehovah wills be what takes place.

It is hard because one side is more Pro "Christian Values". That is where I struggle. I remind myself it is ALL Satan's system. Both sides are Satan's side. He is the master deceiver, and doesn't look for exclusive devotion, he just doesn't want me to serve Jehovah.

I keep reading this title as Trump on a white horse - and I get the picture of him and Putin riding bareback without shirts - and yeah ... Then I realise it's white house - no matter how many times ive seen this thread - i need glasses.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I like to read, and do a fair amount weekly.

I would not buy this book, I don't care about the drama associated with earthly politics.

I don't know any of the actors personally, and I don't care to...

I  believe that I am a tiny bit interested in the political scenes, it's good for a laugh at almost any time.

If I  had to read it,  like a school assignment or something,  I believe it would influence my thinking and my neutrality. ..

I  won't read it.

6 hours ago, Old said:

I am curious on one thing, of those that say they will not read it, are there any books, not by our organization, that you have read in the last six months? Just curious.

I have been an avid reader since about age 4, I read every night when I go to bed and I read a range of subjects, some fiction, some faction.  I have read all the current books available by our brothers that I am aware of and that are available on my kindle but I read all manner of other books too.

I would not read this book. I wouldn't read any book about a current politician or political situation of any country because it just doesn't interest me.  I am interested in history, however, and I watch/read movies/series/books on past political  governments and rulerships. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

If the books tends to be politically bias as I suspect it is, reading it may have an unwanted affect. If it is truly just historic then I would say yes. 

If it bothers your wife’s conscience, then no, I wouldn’t read it. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

From the bit quoted - sounds to me like "business as usual" for the White House - I mean really, do any of us really know what takes place "behind closed doors" with ANY of the presidents :nope:

I did like the comment that was made at our recent RC that, if we join in with the ridicule and/or name calling/belittling/joking about the current president (or any former one), we may be jeopardizing our neutrality. 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

10 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I did like the comment that was made at our recent RC that, if we join in with the ridicule and/or name calling/belittling/joking about the current president (or any former one), we may be jeopardizing our neutrality. 

Exactly. 

That's what the pitfall for me is...

I used to watch Bill O'Reilly,  Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, and a couple of the other talking heads just because they would bash someone and it made me laugh.

I really liked O'reillys style and brash delivery,  I enjoyed Watters World a lot too. Watters would do street interviews with people and some of them were quite shocking. On the order of  'beam me up, no discernable intelligence detected'...

The problem was when I came to realize that I was taking a side, I would giggle at one side and feel offended by what the other side would say.

Now? I cruise the headlines. Give me 5 minutes with the remote and I'm pretty much done. If something big is going on,  like the 7.5 earthquake in Indonesia and the tsunami,  I will watch that a bit more, or check YouTube for vids. It's surprising what some folks can capture with a camera....

I... am finding it near impossible to stay neutral in my head. I won't bother denying that. The world is just too satirical for me not to form a personal opinion. At this point, I'm focusing on preventing that from becoming a topic of conversation. Conversation is the closest form of 'position' that JW's can take with each other.

That said, I've been watching interviews with Woodward on topics far beyond this book for a number of years now. Something that strikes me about him? Every word out of his mouth on every topic is fact-checkable. I've never heard him say "I've heard people say this or that", he's only ever said "There's no proof of this or that".

This is the journalist that took down Nixon; and he was at the height of his career in the days before Twitter and 'Fake News'. Being 100% sure of his sources and informing the public is his religion; and in that brand of church he's more than a respected member; he's practically sacred. I feel safe in saying that whatever he's published in this book is almost certainly going to be fact.

Which is why, speaking only for myself, I most assuredly will not be reading it. I feel certain that knowing more about what's going on in politics will not help me stay Neutral at all.

Eccl 12:12 "As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh."

People write books now that wouldn't have been thought of a few years back. Think about it, could there not have been similar "fact revealing" books written about Bill Clinton, either of the Bushes, and probably even Jimmy Carter. Just because no one wrote such a book, especially back when it wasn't fashionable to, does not mean that some of the same things did not happen during those administrations.

The US government is part of Satan's Organization - if reading something favorable or something demeaning about that government or its officials (including the President) is going to make us "take sides" - we might want to think twice about reading or listening to such books and/or people.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

28 minutes ago, Qapla said:

The US government is part of Satan's Organization - if reading something favorable or something demeaning about that government or its officials (including the President) is going to make us "take sides" - we might want to think twice about reading or listening to such books and/or people.

Golden saying..:thumbsup:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Buy it, keep it wrapped up, dig it in the ground and dig it out again after Armageddon in case you still care to read it. In that case, it would read more like a historical testimonial and not an attempt at influencing your political opinion

😀

I personally need to steer clear of all things related to Trump at the moment because it invokes a defensive anti-media knee-jerk reaction to me. Like the Kavanaugh hearings made me bring up all of Clinton's rape and sex-abuse escapades, all the talk about World War III and insecurity, corruption and his supposed stupidity reminds me of how everybody was talking the same way (and has by now forgotten) about the Bush Jr. administration. I do think it's possibly somewhat unfair that he is being portrayed as the worst, most perverted president in US history, and then I realize that I am actually inclining myself to take a side with him, which I don't want to do either.

It's so easy to get swayed in your political views. So, since it's so hard to avoid all the input coming from the world, why go and purposefully get more input?

• 2 months later...

This would be a better read. This exposes Donald Trump in his own words lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Trump-Art-Deal-Donald-J/dp/0399594493/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1544935290&amp;sr=1-7&amp;keywords=trump

Edited by morsten

Jehovah tells “from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done.” (Isaiah 46:9, 10)