JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Happens to Your Body When You Drink Lemon Water

I drink warm lemon water almost daily, and can see the benefits described in the video on a personal level (for some strange reason I couldn’t add text after inserting video link - therefore my comments follow in this post) 

Prior to drinking warm lemon water I would get cold at least twice a year ( sometimes 3 times) 

I haven’t experienced flu or cold on the same level, yes it cold comes occasionally but with less severe side effects and recovery times are way faster. Frequency has changed as well. In 2018 had mild symptoms of cold only once. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

A older brother that spent many years working on a ranch far away from doctors gave me some advice that was given to him. He said as soon as you feel the first signs of body weakness, runny nose, sore throat, watery eyes, chills etc etc...pour a little (separating his index finger and thumb about 1 centimeter) tequila in a glass and add equal part of lime juice...gargle with it for couple minutes and swallow if your allowed to...he said you don't have to swallow it...(not wanting to stumble anyone)

I tried this for 2 years and did not get sick. But one night i was too lazy to get out of bed to make this concoction...by morning the flu hit me.

3 hours ago, Santiago2020 said:

pour a little (separating his index finger and thumb about 1 centimeter) tequila in a glass

Yeah! ...I will start my mornings with Tequila now ...move over lemon water ...LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 1 month later...

I wanted a date.  I knew who posted this, but not when! I have something to share. Since I read this, I have been drinking 16 oz of good water, (hydrogen added, trace minerals, and it is alkaline) with lemon juice. This really happened. When my husband gets a cold. I get one. That’s the way it was! This time he got his cold, and I escaped. 

I figured to try it, as it could not hurt me. I take pretty good care of myself, but, this was a first. 

And he got the flu shot, and, I simply refuse. 

The tequila thing. Hmmm. Again, can’t hurt. 

Thanks, brother. I have thought of you often. I don’t drink coffee the first thing in the morning. Lemon water. And, I wait.  Til I feel like it has had a chance for my system to realize something good happened to it! Then I drink that cup of coffee!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

You may need to drink thru a straw to protect your teeth.  All things are good in moderation :D

Lemon water is generally safe to drink, but there are a few potential side effects to be aware of.

Lemon contains citric acid, which may erode tooth enamel (an ironic twist for people using lemon to help bad breath). To limit the risk, drink lemon water through a straw, and rinse your mouth afterwards.

When it comes to heartburn, lemon water can go either way. The acidic citric acid may stimulate heartburn in some people. Others may experience relief from heartburn since lemons become alkaline in the digestive tract. If lemons aggravate your heartburn, avoid drinking lemon water.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/benefits-of-lemon-water#side-effects

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

You may need to drink thru a straw to protect your teeth. 

That's what I do from the beginning....

Otherwise side effects are well pictured on the photo below LOL

14227552-cartoon-old-man-with-one-tooth-isolated.jpg

My first thought, eeeek, the information wasn’t complete. No one mentioned the tooth enamel issue. And, some of us...

Anyway, I had my teeth cleaned today. A lovely chore. 

I asked the hygienist if my teeth seemed compromised. Then, I told her what I was doing. She said it was no problem. Now, if I was eating them...

Nevetheless, I think I will rinse my mouth with baking soda water after I drink it. Well, I will try it. I know what happens when I mix baking soda with vinegar!  

My first thought, eeeek, the information wasn’t complete. No one mentioned the tooth enamel issue. And, some of us...

Anyway, I had my teeth cleaned today. A lovely chore. 

I asked the hygienist if my teeth seemed compromised. Then, I told her what I was doing. She said it was no problem. Now, if I was eating them...

Nevetheless, I think I will rinse my mouth with baking soda water after I drink it. Well, I will try it. I know what happens when I mix baking soda with vinegar!  

You might want to check the bi-carb mouth wash. My cousin did that, and it affected the gums so much, the gums had to be stitched together so the teeth wouldn't fall out!

Older {waiting for wiser}

{I did a quick google search, rinse with plain water afterward and you should be ok} a02be488968cc169ab0c0d9a2294b8a7.jpg

Thanks. I’m always looking for an antidote. One time, I developed a rash around my mouth. Went to the doctor. I was eating too much fresh tomatoes. My first reaction was, “okay, tomatoes are acid, what’s  alkaline?” The doctor was not impressed. I did research, and I think bananas ended up being alkaline. (Can’t remember how I did the research, this may be wrong.) I use baking soda on a pretty regular basis. As an anti acid. Instead of rx pills. 

I will give this more thought. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I like to drink lemon water a lot. But yes a straw is a good idea.

As for the teeth and the bicarb, I brush my teeth with it as opposed to toothpaste, along with coconut oil at times and blend it. I also don't have any refined or added sugars in my diet, and my teeth are in great shape. People comment on how white they are often.

Only thing I struggle with is tartar on the bottom front teeth, and that has been an issue since childhood, no matter what I do, it builds up thick, I'm always having to break it down using a home dental care set I have, which uses sonic vibration combined with a stone-like head which scrapes off hard tartar that dentists claim "only they" can remove. But I showed them, lol. 

The issue may be dry mouth, as I often wake with dried skin on my lips, and they say plaque build up is from lack of saliva, all my other teeth are fine. Can't think of any other reason why I get tartar like block cement on my front bottom teeth within a weeks time, such a chore having to constantly remove it.

Edited by EccentricM

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just started to drink Warm Lemon Water to replace my tea drinking habit, I didn’t realize that it erodes your tooth enamel. I know apple cider vinegar does, and I always down it as fast as I can.

What does..tea or lemon water..I would suspect the lemon but tea is also acidic in it's own right so which one do you mean?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 months later...

I was watching a S. Korean show once and one of the guest said that a lot of people in Asia, drink (fresh) lemon squeezed in a glass of warm water.  It helps with their digestion.  They drink water with lemon at least once a day.  That show was on 2 years ago, but don't know if they still do it.   I recall my mother giving me baking soda, warm water with a twist of lemon juice, in a glass, it looked like a volcano was blowing up.  She said, don't taste it just drink it.  I drank it down even with seeds, I belched a few times after about 5 minutes of drink it, and my stomach ache and other things in my gut felt better.  So now, if I get a bad stomach ache or other things, I just get a glass out, add 1/2 water (room temperature) baking soda, just 1/2 teaspoon, drop it in the glass, and add a twist of fresh lemon, this time I make certain there are no seeds! 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:08 AM, New World Explorer said:

That's what I do from the beginning....

Otherwise side effects are well pictured on the photo below LOL

14227552-cartoon-old-man-with-one-tooth-isolated.jpg

Nice tooth. ...:coffee: :lol1:

I drink ink lemon water everyday as directed by my doctor for my kidney stones. I guess it can dissolve certain types of stones. I wouldn’t normally be disciplined enough to follow through with that, but when you have a stone so big you have to have surgery to pass it, ...it’s a strong motivator. Incredible pain. But it seems to be working this past year. 

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, EccentricM said:

I like to drink lemon water a lot. But yes a straw is a good idea.

As for the teeth and the bicarb, I brush my teeth with it as opposed to toothpaste, along with coconut oil at times and blend it. I also don't have any refined or added sugars in my diet, and my teeth are in great shape. People comment on how white they are often.

Only thing I struggle with is tartar on the bottom front teeth, and that has been an issue since childhood, no matter what I do, it builds up thick, I'm always having to break it down using a home dental care set I have, which uses sonic vibration combined with a stone-like head which scrapes off hard tartar that dentists claim "only they" can remove. But I showed them, lol. 

The issue may be dry mouth, as I often wake with dried skin on my lips, and they say plaque build up is from lack of saliva, all my other teeth are fine. Can't think of any other reason why I get tartar like block cement on my front bottom teeth within a weeks time, such a chore having to constantly remove it.

I ask my dental hygienist about the tarter on the inside of my bottom front teeth. She said it was from salivary glands located thereabouts. That if it wasn’t addressed, that is what happens. I’ve been scrubbing that area when I brush my teeth. I get them cleaned every six months, so, we shall see. 

I also asked about the lemon water. She said being it’s so diluted, it should not be a problem. 

Also, we shall see...

Lemon water. Wonderful stuff.