JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Pittsburgh

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1977 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

According to attached very brief article 8 people dead, shooter in custody. Happened at Squirrel Hill Synagogue 

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-active-shooter-situation-in-pittsburgh-1/1554703651?fbclid=IwAR0P30Bfl6zrDLsSzYS6Bvf8QGzc-YUknk55GzGjeo4-m9JRei-U-vzofJc

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Death toll up to eleven now with several more still in critical condition.:unsure:

None of the police officers' injuries are life-threatening.

All this according to the NBC Nightly News on TV.

So sad.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, Whitley M said:

I’ve been watching this news this morning... so sad. I really fear this will begin happening to us at KH 💔 

With a heavy heart . . I agree. There are plenty of apostates and others who could 'snap'.

As an attendant at our Circuit Assembly in Reno, NV tomorrow, I will have this on my mind.

With a heavy heart . . I agree. There are plenty of apostates and others who could 'snap'.
As an attendant at our Circuit Assembly in Reno, NV tomorrow, I will have this on my mind.
That's why we are trained by Jesus Christ with the new attendant training in 2017 for Regional Conventions, Circuit Assemblies and which is now protocol at the local congregation level...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

That's why we are trained by Jesus Christ with the new attendant training in 2017 for Regional Conventions, Circuit Assemblies and which is now protocol at the local congregation level...

Any more info on this? Sadly I think we've seen this happen to some brothers and sisters. With apostates having the a big online precense it's justified some insane beliefs of those who are mentally unstable and hate witnesses. I think of kingdom halls being torched or karts that have been attacked. You can tell now much bethel cares for all of us by the loving direction they give to protect us.

Any more info on this? Sadly I think we've seen this happen to some brothers and sisters. With apostates having the a big online precense it's justified some insane beliefs of those who are mentally unstable and hate witnesses. I think of kingdom halls being torched or karts that have been attacked. You can tell now much bethel cares for all of us by the loving direction they give to protect us.
See local needs thread...Brother Shawnster had nice breakdown

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/37568-our-local-needs-part/&share_tid=37568&share_fid=69068&share_type=t

See local needs thread...Brother Shawnster had nice breakdown

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/37568-our-local-needs-part/&share_tid=37568&share_fid=69068&share_type=t

Sorry..

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/37568-our-local-needs-part/

At least Jehovah has alerted us to the probability that His people will suffer these same attacks. Congregations around the world have been preparing for such activity as this system ends. It seems to me that the churches in which these things have happened were blindsided, not expecting churches to be targeted. We, of course, pray for those who are suffering from Satan's system and try to teach them something better. We also pray that we individually will not experience anything like this, although we are outlawed in many countries and our brothers and sisters are suffering from outright persecution. Ec. 9:11 tells us that we are all subject to unforeseen events. What ever happens, we know that Jehovah will resurrect us if that becomes necessary. Our talk today was about the steps to have our prayers answered. the first one was Acts 2:1 We must call on the name of Jehovah, then John 14:6 approach to Jehovah only through Jesus, then perseverance, then faith. We have really been made aware of the need to love each other while studying the book of John. So we all should be ready to do whatever is necessary to protect our own.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:47 PM, Doug said:

I received four 'googly-eyes ' reviews to my post.

Here's an update: At our 7:15 a.m. meeting the Attendant Overseer said ' there was a tragic event in the US yesterday (speaking of the synagogue shooting). It's not a big stretch from Jewish people to Jehovah's Witnesses.'

Seriously, we can't think that it can't happen.

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

I received four 'googly-eyes ' reviews to my post.

Those were Sad faces because we agree with you, I hope everything was ok during your assembly.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D