JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia and Ukraine - tensions ramping up

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1977 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This week Russia attacked Ukrainian navy vessels over access from the Black Sea to the Sea of Azov.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/russia-and-ukraine-involved-in-black-sea-naval-standoff/10553218

To understand a bit of the background, this article includes an explanation and why this is potentially a huge flashpoint in Europe right now.  You can see from the map and picture just where Putin's arrogance is heading.  Talk about a pushing.  More of a big shove.  Will the West step in?

A map shows the route around Crimea that Ukranian ships were travelling when they were fired on by Russia.

The Russians have cut Crimea's navy in two, with the Kerch Strait effectively blocked by a tanker and fighter planes.

Russian jet fighters fly over a bridge connecting the Russian mainland with the Crimean Peninsula.

This week Russia attacked Ukrainian navy vessels over access from the Black Sea to the Sea of Azov.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/russia-and-ukraine-involved-in-black-sea-naval-standoff/10553218

To understand a bit of the background, this article includes an explanation and why this is potentially a huge flashpoint in Europe right now.  You can see from the map and picture just where Putin's arrogance is heading.  Talk about a pushing.  More of a big shove.  Will the West step in?

10554370-3x2-940x627.jpg&key=8f19be06c0dbbc27735e5b24cd8227391dabe8033ed739945860cea965b7461a

The Russians have cut Crimea's navy in two, with the Kerch Strait effectively blocked by a tanker and fighter planes.

10553396-3x2-700x467.jpg&key=fefaf5896769d20f93febfb9655ddf4bd8ab1ebdb9cecf82a76fddcb4bfa5d3f
Calm down. The conflict over the Crimea was much more dramatic, at that time the West logically held back. Then he won't draw the big card because of this kid's stuff.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1012 mit Tapatalk

So very sad Svetlana.  Thank you for keeping us up to date on how this situation is personally affecting our brothers there.

The link for the video Dages posted above is this one: http://webtv.un.org/watch/violation-of-the-borders-of-the-russian-federation-security-council-8409th-meeting/5971686945001/

A bit (boring) speeches regarding the various UN states talking about the Russian and Crimea incident, but the chatter is a verbal pushing between KoN and KoS.

I’m watching the pbs special inside Putin’s Russia. It’s helping me to understand some of the mentality of the that nation and why they view us as a threat. 

It it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”