JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

KH construction in Germany

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1856 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

Very nice!

I will say. being in Florida, we rarely see a Hall with stairs :)

In many states equal acess laws require an elevator for a new or a remodel two storey Kingdom Hall. That can be the biggest single item in a remodel project. That was the case in a KH we visited in California. It was built on a slope and street acess was easy to the upper level where the auditorium was located. Parking was in the basement and they had to install an elevator. Most just used the stairs, the elevator was very slow.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Saffron said:

That is a big one! Will this be for multiple congregations or is it one that is combined with something else like a translation office? 

8 Congregations + 7 Groups and 2 appartements for special full-time servants

4 minutes ago, Old said:

In many states equal acess laws require an elevator for a new or a remodel two storey Kingdom Hall. That can be the biggest single item in a remodel project. That was the case in a KH we visited in California. It was built on a slope and street acess was easy to the upper level where the auditorium was located. Parking was in the basement and they had to install an elevator. Most just used the stairs, the elevator was very slow.

This hall also owns an elevator

Since Florida is fairly flat, we seldom see or have the need of a two-story building to serve as a KH. Also, due to the low elevation and close proximity to a couple of large bodies of water, we also seldom have buildings with basements.

In most areas we can locate enough land to construct a single level building complete with parking lot.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Leonard tembo said:

Building kingdom halls for the new world and we don't have time and so we need to build many kingdom halls for use in the new world before the out break of the great tribulation.sentments passed in one of the meetings inthe LDC on the need for new kingdom halls

In the United States the emphasis is on making better use of the ones we have. There are few if any new Kingdom Hall projects going on in our area.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

12 hours ago, Old said:

In the United States the emphasis is on making better use of the ones we have. There are few if any new Kingdom Hall projects going on in our area.

We don't have a lot in Africa due to the increase in the number of publishers. There is need to build as many as possible both for those joining as well as those that will be resurrected 

NICE!

Is your new carpet "roll goods" or "carpet squares? ... if you know?

Also, is the sound console going to stay in that area or be located near the back of the auditorium?

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

NICE!

Is your new carpet "roll goods" or "carpet squares? ... if you know?

Also, is the sound console going to stay in that area or be located near the back of the auditorium?

They used large carpet rolls. And the sound console is staying as in the picture

I will be working at an LDC project the next couple weeks.

Next week we are supposed to complete the sound system installation. It will be in the left rear of the Hall. Yours is the first I have seen that far forward in the Hall. Is this common in your area?

The following week we are supposed to install the carpet. The US Branch had mostly changed to carpet squares.

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

I will be working at an LDC project the next couple weeks.

Next week we are supposed to complete the sound system installation. It will be in the left rear of the Hall. Yours is the first I have seen that far forward in the Hall. Is this common in your area?

The following week we are supposed to install the carpet. The US Branch had mostly changed to carpet squares.

Most traditional KHs here have some kind of a reception in the back of the hall, where you can get your literature etc. Also the sound system is located there. It is a new concept that the sound desk is in the center of the hall

Edited by juliansan

Our LDC (2018) built hall has the sound control in the back left in the corner.

The LDC Team that renovated the Assembly Hall (2017) put the sound in the front of the stage (about 12 rows back) in the main Auditorium.

We both use carpet squares (but we do not have the 'logo' in the carpet). 7cdbbe7d1b2567d78bd4ca1610d812bd.jpg&key=949dafbb71aa44825825a7c5698427a537f63981d4a8aec41088b2156582904257f0e295d450cfc4a650a7c875775447.jpg&key=1dc0997d74761f127510b2fef27422687593bf1f3c903b526f1c275a53378057

Older {waiting for wiser}

Just now, TonyWenz said:

Our LDC (2018) built hall has the sound control in the back left in the corner.
The LDC Team that renovated the Assembly Hall (2017) put the sound in the front of the stage (about 12 rows back) in the main Auditorium.
We both use carpet squares. 7cdbbe7d1b2567d78bd4ca1610d812bd.jpg57f0e295d450cfc4a650a7c875775447.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

Love the logo in the carpet tile...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a bicycle rack outside ? 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, juliansan said:

Dedication will be in the end of February 

unnamed (7).jpg

Is this a bicycle rack out side?  If it is, then it's the first time I'm seeing one at a K-hall.  I think it's a great idea where it's practical.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Is that a bicycle rack outside ? 

Is this a bicycle rack out side?  If it is, then it's the first time I'm seeing one at a K-hall.  I think it's a great idea where it's practical.

I think all the Kingdom Halls in the Netherlands have one It's "a culture thing"

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk