JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6"

The battery died on my old Ellipsis tablet and I got tired of using my phone's tiny screen for meetings,
so I broke down and bought a new tablet.  

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab E with a 9.6" screen and 16 GB of internal storage.  I put a 128 GB SD card in it.

It has a super long-lasting battery. Battery capacity is 7300 mAh.  It can go all day and still be half-charged.
The paperwork claims you can watch 17 hours of videos on it without having to recharge and I am inclined to believe
that claim.  

My first tablet was a Samsung Galaxy, and that was a good experience. 
So I was not too hesitant to purchase another Samsung product.
Besides, it was on sale for $129 bucks.  

Hard to find a large screen tablet for under $200 bucks around these parts.

I proceeded to download practically every downloadable thing on JW Library (Internet service is hit and miss in our
rural territories) plus all the monthly broadcast talks, morning worship talks GB talks, music, movies, dramas, etc. etc.
and I still have TONS of storage space available.

The tablet is running Kernel 3.10.49-12562000 from Nov. 15th, 2017.
And it says there are no new updates.  Is Android 7.1.1 the latest Android operating system?

The Samsung site doesn't provide much pertinent info.  They don't even show my tablet when I search for it.
They show a different model with a different model number.

This one is a different model number, but I think mine must be newer because it has 7.1.1 OS

and this one only has 5.1.

I couldn't find a pic of the tablet I bought :  Model SM-T560NU :confused:

2037045856_GalaxyTabE.gif.9092e4d382946a118cc60c0cd0e23728.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Huh! Ross I checked Amazon and all they have for that tablet is the case.

No tablet in sight. :shrugs:

Scroll down a little on this page. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018QAYM7C/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_nw_mr

Edited by Musky

Here is a pic of my old Galaxy tab and my new Galaxy tab.  

Screenshot_2019-01-07-20-31-25.thumb.jpg.c2de93777df382781b78cdca685f2ad5.jpg

I still use my old one for reading and playing games.  Wish the operating system wasn't obsolete.  Most apps are no longer compatible with it..:( I received it as a gift from my brother way back in 2011.  And it's still going.^_^

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The battery died on my old Ellipsis tablet and I got tired of using my phone's tiny screen for meetings,
so I broke down and bought a new tablet.  

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab E with a 9.6" screen and 16 GB of internal storage.  I put a 128 GB SD card in it.

It has a super long-lasting battery. Battery capacity is 7300 mAh.  It can go all day and still be half-charged.
The paperwork claims you can watch 17 hours of videos on it without having to recharge and I am inclined to believe
that claim.  

My first tablet was a Samsung Galaxy, and that was a good experience. 
So I was not too hesitant to purchase another Samsung product.
Besides, it was on sale for $129 bucks.  

Hard to find a large screen tablet for under $200 bucks around these parts.

I proceeded to download practically every downloadable thing on JW Library (Internet service is hit and miss in our
rural territories) plus all the monthly broadcast talks, morning worship talks GB talks, music, movies, dramas, etc. etc.
and I still have TONS of storage space available.

The tablet is running Kernel 3.10.49-12562000 from Nov. 15th, 2017.
And it says there are no new updates.  Is Android 7.1.1 the latest Android operating system?

The Samsung site doesn't provide much pertinent info.  They don't even show my tablet when I search for it.
They show a different model with a different model number.

This one is a different model number, but I think mine must be newer because it has 7.1.1 OS

and this one only has 5.1.

I couldn't find a pic of the tablet I bought :  Model SM-T560NU :confused:

2037045856_GalaxyTabE.gif.9092e4d382946a118cc60c0cd0e23728.gif

So u are just saying that this is a good buy, right? Even though u can't find much info on it? Sorry didn't totally understand your post 😁

Here is some information to answer a couple of questions posted.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 is a 9.6-inch Android-based tablet computer produced and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It belongs to the entry-level "E" line of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

The US and Canadian model (SM-T560NU) received Android updates to Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat (Android 7.1).

Models for other countries remained on KitKat  (Android 4.4)

28 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

So u are just saying that this is a good buy, right? Even though u can't find much info on it? Sorry didn't totally understand your post 😁

For what I am going to be doing with it,

it is PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY. ^_^

The screen is HUGE.

It can take an SD card up to 128 GB.

If you download File Manager +, you will be able to

find your way around.

I think I got a good buy.

The speaker is atrocious and the camera isn't the greatest,

but I am not going to be using it to take pictures and the sound is plenty good enough for out in service.

The info I was looking for was its born-on date and its operating system.

Thanks to Brother Musky/Chuck, I know the OS is Nougat.  So it can't be all that old.

I did not want to buy a tablet and then have it go obsolete on me like my old Galaxy tab did.

As a study tablet, this one fits me fine. ^_^

The battery is so good, it will see me safely through entire days at assemblies and conventions.:D

The battery is so good, it will see me safely through entire days at assemblies and conventions.:D

That's why I bought when I did, my older tablet was a 5.1.1 and had been acting a bit wonky then had an issue of some sort and lost tons of stuff.

I got a refurb from Amazon for $100 bux but gave it to a grandson for 'school'😉

I wound up getting Denise a Chromebook laptop and myself the new Tab2... I am still shuffling things around but it's very fast and I can get a huge card like you did. I will see what I can see, liking it so far.

Sorry for the lousy picture,  powers been out for a couple of hours and I didn't get good lighting.

20190107_205617.jpg

For what I am going to be doing with it,

it is PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY. ^_^

The screen is HUGE.

It can take an SD card up to 128 GB.

If you download File Manager +, you will be able to

find your way around.

I think I got a good buy.

The speaker is atrocious and the camera isn't the greatest,

but I am not going to be using it to take pictures and the sound is plenty good enough for out in service.

The info I was looking for was its born-on date and its operating system.

Thanks to Brother Musky/Chuck, I know the OS is Nougat.  So it can't be all that old.

I did not want to buy a tablet and then have it go obsolete on me like my old Galaxy tab did.

Thanks Ross... I will remember this 👍🏽 for future..