JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What does your spouse do that really annoys you?

I want to add an illustration. For example we are all beautiful flower and of course who doesn't like the flower. But when you look closely more closely, you'll get to see the flower hasnt a good structure, it smells too. All of us are flowers sometimes you and me are annoying :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

1 minute ago, rlyem said:

I want to add an illustration. For example we are all beautiful flower and of course who doesn't like the flower. But when you look closely more closely, you'll get to see the flower hasnt a good structure, it smells too. All of us are flowers sometimes you and me are annoying :)

Thats a good illustration. Flowers aren't perfect, some have thorns, some are missing petals or are eaten by bugs, but overall we still appreciate the joy and beauty of a flower.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Saffron said:

I have a child on the spectrum and try hard to plan what to discuss and not discuss for the exact same reason. It can be really frustrating at times. I can only imagine how much more so this would be the case  with a spouse. ❤

Thank you sister for your kind comment. Certainly it would easier to train child who on the autistic spectrum on how to navigate his/her way around a neurotypical world. But to be unknowingly married for decades to a Aspies man whom I have always suspected of being weird, it was a devastating blow. At his age, it is no longer possible for him to change his set ways and his autism has in fact worsened with age. 

I appreciate you're doing all you can to help your child overcome his disability (from a neurotypical point of view). You will also discover your child have certain gifts in quite unexpected ways. 

Here's hoping you will cherish your child's uniqueness and harness his/her potential to be the best he/she can be. May Jah bless your hard work.  

Love and hugs.

6 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

One of the best articles written... g94 1/22.

Thank you for bringing this article to my attention.

<A Gender Gap?

Some would attribute the difference in these illustrations to one simple fact: Bill is a man; Pam is a woman. Linguistic researchers believe that communication difficulties in marriage are often because of gender. Such books as You Just Don’t Understand and Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus promote the theory that men and women, though speaking the same language, have distinctly different communication styles.>

I have read the book 'Men Are From Mars....'. some years back. An excellent book. Now I will have to look for the 2nd book.

Lew has an incredible sense of direction. He can find his way around any city if you let him loose to explore and get his bearings. 

He also has a memory like an elephant, he remembers things I forgot so long ago he has to have a running dialogue with me to help me remember. 

That said I cannot be in the kitchen when he wants to cook for himself. He's busy eating out of the pan, licking his fingers and grabbing the refrigerator door with nasty fingers. Not to mention the pans, lids, counters...all a mess! He's a messy cook. I don't let him loose in my kitchen very often, mostly Sunday when I'm at meeting. I 'get' to come home to a sinkfull of dishes and dirty counters. On the grand scheme of things I guess it's not that big of a deal.......sorry yes it is!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Leslie, I can't believe your husband woke up and gave you five minutes before he ran to the bathroom! That is the first thing I have to do as soon as I wake up (and same with my husband) - there is no waiting for me and it only gets more urgent the older you get.  Now it would of been nice if he had said "sorry honey, but I really have to go to the bathroom and then I'll be right back" BUT (and this is a big but!) you did wake him up out of a deep sleep so his thought processes probably weren't all there yet - when you first wake up, your brain assesses how your body feels first and his said "I gotta go!"

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I concentrate on what I do that annoys him. And want him to overlook those things, as I concentrate on the wonderful points he has. I’d like him to do that for me. 

We are two way imperfect creatures that take turns annoying each other. But, I have a Higher Power that is concerned with my behavior. So, he has a big advantage! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

What really annoys me are these permanent arguments about who drives better :angry_cursing: (of course it´s me, why talking about it anyway?).

On the other hand, I admire his skill to calm down so quickly after having got upset about something! That´s something I have difficulties with.

And one of the qualities I love most about him is that he always succeeds in making me laugh :D

Chrissy :wave: