JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Scriptures that we can memorize together

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1900 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have trouble memorizing numbers so  use word association.  1 eg  Have good friends ,[ wife Margaret has just joined forum]  They have pioneered together for many years so .......I think Jon is not unlucky in love = John 13.  Keep that love alive  v35         Identifying mark of true Christian.     Weird I know but works for me

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Aah easy way to remember chapter and verse: 73 age of tortuga and 26 my age.

Don't worry Tim I'm not calling YOU old ... I'm sure you're much younger in heart at least. Heh.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

My family thinks I ask too many questions, so I always think about what King David said in

1 Samuel 17:29..

'I was only asking a question..'

If it's good enough for a King it's good enough for me...

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 minute ago, Dove said:

My family thinks I ask too many questions, so I always think about what King David said in

How else can you learn?  That is how I learn.  Keep it up Sister.

1 minute ago, Good-O said:

I agree..and isn't that a sign of humility? Only the disciples that stayed and asked questions learned the truth about Jesus.. I just feel it shows interest. Almost first thing we say in our conversations..

Anyway, they don't mean any harm; just kids with moms. I think I just probably ask for more details than they have..:)

I haven't said it because they haven't said it, but kind of made me laugh when I read that even King David felt the need to say that to someone..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, Good-O said:

(Although he was not a king yet)

3 hours ago, Dove said:

(Although he was not a king yet at this time)

17 hours ago, Stormswift said:

For those who aren't musically inclined (see my other thread about memorizing songs down in the music section),

We can be fortified by remembering scriptures. Let's share specific scriptures we can as a group memorize so when the GT breaks out and we need extra courage - we will have a wealth of special scriptures that no-one can take from us because they are in our minds and hearts.

Today, we had our final CO talk and after he finished his talk, he said he wanted to share a scripture with us that will give us strength. So I'll start with that scripture and if you have others share them please, we have a whole bible to choose from, but the difference here is, I want you to tell us if you have memorized it ... and if you haven't pop back when you have to let us know. Let's encourage one another to stand firm with our precious spiritual food that will safeguard our hearts in the times ahead.

Psalms 73:26 - " My body and my heart may fail, But God is the rock of my heart and my portion forever."

Aww what a lovely topic! Thank you for starting it.....😊

My favourite scripture for the last 4 years has been Isaiah 41:10 (yes & it’s this year’s text!) 

Ever since my hubby passed away so suddenly this scripture has given me comfort beyond my expectations! 

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you, do not be anxious for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes I will help you. I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.”

There are 100's of scriptures that would help us not to lose hope when the world conditions begin to deteriorate  -

but these scriptures we love, if we didn't have access to the scriptures ... do we know them well enough to recite to ourselves or out loud?

How many do we have memorized?

I've almost got the Ps 73:26 memorized.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

One of the  first scriptures I ever memorized was James 1:14, 15;

But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.

- Whenever a situation presents itself, it's a process I've tried to drum into my head. Desire - Sin - Death. I find it helps me to make wise decisions when I repeat that three word phrase in my head... Desire - Sin - Death. Thats a shorthand prompt to recall this particular scripture.