JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Court Convicts Danish Jehovah’s Witness to 6 Years for 'Extremism'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1786 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

While I certainly feel sympathy for Sister Christensen I also feel that the prison to which Bro. Dennis is sent will , in due Coarse , be his very own captive audience. 

In a prison of 1000 , 999 will be in prison . That Brother will merely be in a prolonged ministry assignment. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:18 AM, AH173 said:

Sad news for the moment. 

It didn't go unseen.

Screenshot_2019-02-06-08-12-22.png

That angel on the far left looks like he can’t wait to execute justice in Jehovah’s behalf lol

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

There is a video on the JW newsroom (Russian area) . You have to scroll to the bottom of the report for the video link.

It was released recently, but unless you scroll to the bottom, you may have missed it...

"The video Russian Trial Called ‘A Litmus Test For Religious Freedom’ was produced by the international media outlet RFE/RL just days before the verdict was announced."

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702019117&srcid=share

Just Older

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19021923-622.html

"At least seven of Jehovah’s Witnesses were subjected to torture—electric shocks, suffocation, and cruel beatings—on the first floor of the Russian Investigative Committee’s building at ul. Ostrovskogo..."

😟our poor friends... Jehovah... come quick...

• 2 months later...

This 11-minute video details the developments since Dennis Christensen was arrested in May 2017.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/arrest-detention-dennis-christensen/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Watching the video, I couldn’t help but shed so many tears. Not tears of pity, but tears of joy, of hope, of courage shown by Dennis and all the friends in Russia. Of conviction that this is THE organization that Jehovah is backing!

Most touching were the words spoken around the 6:54 mark by Valeriy Borshchev, a Human Rights Advicate:

And I consider that he won the case. He won because in court he was far more convincing, and looked far better than the judge or the prosecutor. In my opinion, the judge understood this too. And it is well known that all religions become stronger as a result of persecution. Those who maintain their faith, as many of them do, become more determined and more willing to stand up for their beliefs.

GOOSEBUMPS!

Edited by Skye

add